It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama lawmaker's email: 'Slave-holding, murdering, adulterous, baby-raping, snaggle-toothed kin

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Now read this and tell me who you think this Alabama Lawmaker represents!
It would not appear by his language in the reply your about to read, this Lawmaker represent ever race in his district.
The State Representative here needs to be removed from office. It is very plain in his response to the citizen that he considers people of Caucasian descent to be Slave owners and Rapist.
The Caucasian populace of the 21st. century are not the same as their forefathers and who's to say this mans family had anything to done with slavery, not only that, but it was the black people of their own country selling their captured peoples into slavery.

State Rep. Joe Mitchell, D-Mobile, had an outlandish exchange via email with a Jefferson County man who asked him and other lawmakers not to pass any laws that would restrict gun ownership.

Eddie Maxwell sent a mass email to state legislators late on Jan. 27, warning them that even attempting to introduce a gun control bill was, in his opinion, a violation of state law.

Mitchell responded from his public, ALHouse.gov email account an hour later, telling Maxwell: "Your folk never used all this sheit (sic) to protect my folk from your slave-holding, murdering, adulterous, baby-raping, incestuous, snaggle-toothed, backward-a**ed, inbreed (sic), imported criminal-minded kin folk."

The exact e-mail as follows:

Here are copies of the emails, as provided to AL.com: From: Eddie Maxwell Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2013 10:54 PM To: (all members of state legislature) Subject: Gun Control and our Constitutions Can the officers of our state government change our constitution when the change is forbidden by the people? The Supreme Court of Alabama has ruled that it cannot in an opinion dealing with another matter where change is forbidden. You have sworn to support our constitution. You have defined a violation of an oath in an official proceeding as a class C felony (C.O.A. Section 13A-10-101 Perjury in the first degree). Do not violate your oath of office by introducing additional gun control bills or by allowing those already enacted to remain in the body of our laws.

Maybe Mr. Maxwell e-mails their office a lot and gets on their nerves,,,, put certainly he should not have received
the following reply from a elected public official.

From: Representative Joseph Mitchell Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2013 11:59 PM To: Eddie Maxwell cc: (all members) Subject: Re: Gun Control and our Constitutions Hey man. You have used the word ‘except’ when I think you mean somethin’ else. Hey man. Your folk never used all this sheit to protect my folk from your slave-holding, murdering, adulterous, baby-raping, incestuous, snaggle-toothed, backward-a**ed, inbreed, imported criminal-minded kin folk. You can keep sending me stuff like you have however because it helps me explain to my constituents why they should protect that 2nd amendment thing AFTER we finish stocking up on spare parts, munitions and the like. Bring it. As one of my friends in the Alabama Senate suggested – “BRING IT!!!!” JOSEPHm, a prepper (’70-’13) Mobile County

blog.al.com...
www.drudgereport.com...
www.trendolizer.com...
newyorkcityguns.com...

So,,, is Mr. Mitchell a Racist? I think so!
Just imagine that e-mail going out from a Caucasian or Oriental or even Hispanic Representative.

MODS: I used the search found no thread.
edit on 27-3-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

That’s not the type of reply I expect to receive from a state legislator,"

Wouldn't expect that kind of reply either no matter what the issue?

Play the race card!!
edit on 27-3-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Wow.... really? Did this man just pull the Race Card in regards to his opinion on the 2nd amendment? Not only that, but at the same time talking # on a whole race of people? Oh and this man is a state representative? If a white man with the same political background sent that email you bet your 'you know what' that good old Al Sharpton and the his cronies would be inciting race riots.

This kind of behavior is ignorant and childish, no matter what race they are .

edit on 3/27/2013 by BulletsCantSilenceIdeas because: typo

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Wonder how long he is going to last in Govt.

Wheres the backlash?

Wheres the MSM?

Another reason why I cant support their party, they are the true racist party.

I hope this guy gets his ass kicked- nobody else is more deserving of one.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Place the race card!!

I agree,but have you read Mr. Mitchell's reason for his racist response?

Mitchell, who is black, said Wednesday he was explaining that citizens who descended from slaves and were disenfranchised by the state constitution have a different view of history and the constitution than white citizens like Maxwell.

www.decaturdaily.com...

That is the Lamest excused I've heard. Why fall back on that B S about descended from slaves and disenfranchised Crap!
To cover your Racist Stupidity and how You Really Feel About The Caucasian Race!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Guess he forgot about that history of slaves being denied gun ownership he should have been on board with the second amendment there.

Gun ownership is classless,colorless,sexless it is the epitome of equality.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
This actually serves to show what anti gun people think of gun owners who wish to preserve their rights. While this openly racist diatribe is far beyond what is normally said to velify gun owners, it isn't out of character.

If it isn't this its usually 'uneducated country bumpkin', or 'rednecks with penis envy', or any number of derisive namecalling.

Par for the course.
edit on 27-3-2013 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-3-2013 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Sad that we have to respond to these types of attacks as "Oh its normal process for them".

We should be just as outraged as anyone else that is victims to verbal racist abuse by government authorities.

"no big deaL" "We are white- we are supposed to sit back and take this kind of abuse"

It is getting really old really fast. The fact that they can just sit back and say whatever they want about a group of people who arent the same race AND GET AWAY WITH IT.

Yes- thats all they have to go on-personal attacks- but that doesnt make it 'ok'.

Par for the course is right- but shouldnt tolerated-at all.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

No it shouldn't.

It isn't ok. But the system we've managed to create has given rise to the acceptance of this kind of hypocrisy. It is a dynamic that must be changed.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua

Originally posted by neo96

Place the race card!!

I agree,but have you read Mr. Mitchell's reason for his racist response?

Mitchell, who is black, said Wednesday he was explaining that citizens who descended from slaves and were disenfranchised by the state constitution have a different view of history and the constitution than white citizens like Maxwell.

www.decaturdaily.com...

That is the Lamest excused I've heard. Why fall back on that B S about descended from slaves and disenfranchised Crap!
To cover your Racist Stupidity and how You Really Feel About The Caucasian Race!

If he is one of those blacks who believe they are disenfranchised by the constitution, than he has no business holding a public office that represents the constitution. These are exactly the politicians, whether black, white, repub or dem, that need to be thrown out of public office.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I disagree. This is more a statement about the deeply extant racial divides in some of the core southern states than it is about Democrats vs Republicans or even the gun culture vs the anti-gun culture. There is still a lot of racism, on both sides, in the southern states.

When I first moved to Georgia from California the hatred literally stood out to me like a sore thumb and I cannot count the times, since, that I have seen both whites and blacks acting absolutely foolishly about the issue. In some ways and at certain moments it might as well be 1863 again here - because the hatred is that strong for quite a few people.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Got that right!

two.

Govt Officials who speak like this should be immediately withdrawn from office IMO.

Racism doesnt only work one way.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
utter racist, group thinking, divisive SCUMBAG

Hound this racist animal out

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
when i was a young teenager i lived in a town with lots of east indians(punjabi) and a conversation we had once was about why other races talked down to white people. this is about in 95-96 ish. anyways, the simple answer was that there were no consequences to bein g racist towards a white person, "you just take it" i believe is the quote from 15 years ago if i remembre correctly.
I had experienced their racism before we were friends and had gotten comfortable enough to bring it up. i remember being slightly surprised at their readiness to acknowledge the phenomenon.
i am of course honorary upnay to this day, not that we take ourselves too seriously.

i'd also like to add that as we grew up ther ewere times that i would learn some words in punjab and sometimes they'd tell me something meant something when it meant another, and sometimes it was embarrassing.

However, 99% of the time i would see a measure of guilt in their body language after things maybe went a little too far if my whiteness or culture was the reason for my disadvantage. These are memories from when i was before/around ten years old, mind you. THeir reaction differs from black people, or so i have percieved, in that i see measures of satisfaction and joy when black people racially insult a white person, intentional or not.

it's a two way street.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Snaggle-Toothed? Sounds like an unfortunate medical condition, indeed.

That level of hate speech wouldn't even pass the ATS T&C sniff test, let alone what we should expect from our elected representatives.

The sad thing? He probably just secured himself a few extra votes.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by artnut

If he is one of those blacks who believe they are disenfranchised by the constitution, than he has no business holding a public office that represents the constitution. These are exactly the politicians, whether black, white, repub or dem, that need to be thrown out of public office.

Well put, good point.
Here have a look at his second e-mail to Mr. Maxwell.

Two days later, Mitchell again emailed Maxwell, but offered no apology or acknowledgement of his previous comments. “Eddie, a person without the power to exercise a threat cannot be a racist because he or she will be eliminated,” Mitchell wrote in the email. “A person who can, by merely stepping back on the sidewalk’ ore [sic] being quiet can support racism and benefit from the ‘first hired,’ affirmative action, preferential treatment fostered by systemic racism and bigotry.” “It is unlikely that I, through sharing my many experiences on the receiving end, will convince you of your errors,” Mitchell added. “For that matter, you will never convince me that our discomforts were comparable. Let the next generations resolve this continuing story.” He signed the exchange, “Lock and load. jmitchell.”

www.huffingtonpost.com...

No lets Not let the next generation resolve anything,,, Mr. Mitchell,,, I believe it has been mostly resolved, there are just some Hanger-Oner's to the Old Black against White mind set. They have it and we don't!
That mind set is being push on this generation by people like you and others we can name that need the hatred to continue so they have a place in this world!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Well, this does NOTHING to strengthen the position of those who seek to prevent racism from raising its head and taking the minds of the weak hostage.

Rational, logical, and reasonable thinking are the only cures to the sort of mind buggeringly idiot thinking expressed by this particular individual. No matter which side of the percieved racial divide one happens to observe from, it is the ability to BE objective that will determine the outomes one can expect to see later.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Double post... Ooops!
edit on 27-3-2013 by TrueBrit because: I swear I pressed post once!!!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
i would expect it. we're a country who has outlawed segregation, but allows the black caucus to deny membership based on skin color. someone should really call them out on this, but i digress.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Ahem........

We are talking about Alabama here.

Now I don't condone his choice of words in his response.

However if he has a somewhat lengthily residency in Alabama, I'm sure he has had his fill of being called all kinds of expletives.

However to use such words makes you no better than them.

I'm sure they have a history together. Am I'm sure it has been a true reflection of old America.

Sometimes a little to close to home though.
edit on 27-3-2013 by PLASIFISK because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join