It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why many American people dislike Obama as a president?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

In my last post I said some reasons

I simply did not want people to start attacking my opinion at first, but say the reasons why they dislike Obama, which interested me

Fair enough!

Next question. What country do you live in?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by Cabin

If you aren't an American, why are you even concerned enough to start this thread?
Thinking of moving here now that they're allowing everyone in?

Thinking about doing my PhD in one of US top universities.

+ overally I am interested in world politics and different cultures. US culture is something that I have failed to crack so far
The way I think and the way many Americans think is extremely different and I am trying to understand Americans better

When I lived in USA for a while 4 years ago, I expected it to be much more similar to Europe. Based on all the Hollywood countries USA seems very similar to most of Europe. Although when I got there, it was like a night and day, very different. All the consumerism, rights, freedom, religion etc. It is hard to understand it.
edit on 27-3-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Thinking of moving here now that they're allowing everyone in?

Classic!!!!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

So, you're a student and interested in earning your degree here and, most likely, completing part of your residency. As I understand it, it's a requirement for most prospective doctors in other countries, especially India, that these students come to the US. Then, they get what they need here and go back to their country to start and continue their career.

So, how do you feel about ObamaCare?
I would think that this should be your number one focus of interest and not our lovely president.
You do know that healthcare in this country is part of the S that's going to hit the fan, right?
I think you should stop wondering about Obama's popularity and start concerning yourself with his orders regarding healthcare because that's where you'll be needing your hip boots.
edit on 27-3-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Cabin

So, you're a student and interested in earning your degree here and, most likely, completing part of your residency. As I understand it, it's a requirement for most prospective doctors in other countries, especially India, that these students come to the US. Then, they get what they need here and go back to their country to start and continue their career.

So, how do you feel about ObamaCare?
I would think that this should be your number one focus of interest and not our lovely president.
You do know that healthcare in this country is part of the S that's going to hit the fan, right?
I think you should stop wondering about Obama's popularity and start concerning yourself with his orders regarding healthcare because that's where you'll be needing your hip boots.

Not exactly a student. I have masters degree already, although doing a double major currently in Economy&Psychology. Benefits of free higher education
Besides school I am also running a small enterprise. I have already checked different EU funds and searched for sponsors and as far as I see, it is not hard for me to get myself financed for it. I do not know exactly how Obamacare would affect international students. Although F1-visa should also require purchasing a medical insurance.

ObamaCare. I do not know full details, although overally I support similar systems. It is still a step closer to the better social system, which would help those in need. Low-salary people should not suffer from worse healtcare, simply because they can not afford it.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Economy and Psychology, eh?
No wonder you're wanting to come here for your final education and curious about Obama. America is rife with fiat money, people who can't pay their medical bills, false unemployment numbers, mind control, psych drugs, and propaganda. You'll learn a lot here.
If you do plan on opening a practice here, we'll need your services in the welfare care programs.
How do you feel about all the children on psyche meds?
How do you feel about all these mass shooters being on psyche meds?
So, how do you feel about Obama's Death Panels? Do you have these in your country?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Actually....we didn't. The popular vote doesn't mean anything. It is the Electoral college that votes the President and Vice-President. The members of the Electoral college are picked by the State Govenor by district. Theoretically, he would chose a Democrat, Republican, Communist, or etc... whoever's party won in the Election for that district then votes by ballot, 1 vote for the person that they choose.

But there is nothing in the Constitution on how the Electoral College is chosen nor is there anything that states they have to vote per the results of the popular vote. We are a Constitutional Republic and not a Democracy. The only thing that keeps them in check is the backlash if the average citizens finds out that their vote doesn't count.

And why does the average citizen not know. For the most part, they have stopped teaching the Constitution in History, Social Studies, and Civics.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Cabin

Economy and Psychology, eh?
No wonder you're wanting to come here for your final education and curious about Obama. America is rife with fiat money, people who can't pay their medical bills, false unemployment numbers, mind control, psych drugs, and propaganda. You'll learn a lot here.
If you do plan on opening a practice here, we'll need your services in the welfare care programs.
How do you feel about all the children on psyche meds?
How do you feel about all these mass shooters being on psyche meds?
So, how do you feel about Obama's Death Panels? Do you have these in your country?

Actually I want engineering PhD

I never plan on opening a practice. Simply took psychology, as it is free, and I am interested in it + it is always good to understand people better, which is an advantage.

I do not believe in psyche meds. I believe there are other ways which are much better, although these are hard to implement. Psyche meds are too often used as business. I believe these should be used as a last resort not as soon as the diagnosis is ready. Doctors tend to give these out too easily due to deals with the companies.

People with psychological disorders should not be allowed to get a gun. Permission for gun should require full psychological evaluation. I believe a person under the pill does not do something like that. Although often these pills create an interesting effect, I have noticed in people under them. It is addiction and even though the person might act well under the pills, after stopping, they are at even worse condition than they were at initially. If you start taking, it is hard to get over them. Stopping your meds might lead to extreme reactions and that might be one of the reasons behind the mass shootings.

I believe the whole Death Panel is a myth, if we are talking about the same thing. Here every citizen gets free medical care, whoever they are without question.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Where is "here"? Sorry if I missed you stating what country you are in.
I see now that you're looking to become an engineer. I wouldn't come to the US for that as we're allowing our infrastructures to deteriorate meaning bridges and such.
We certainly agree on the psyche med issue. Although death panels are very real. As you mentioned, everyone gets health care no matter what, but the lines are where the problem lies. You might have to wait too long to get that operation you need. This is where the death panels come in. If someone is older or has a lot of medical problems, a board will decide if such people should have the money spent on them. This is a huge issue with organ transplants. Even in the UK, organ transplants from newborns with genetic and/or birth defects are starved and dehydrated to death, but kept alive in order to have their organs harvested. This is also happening in the US, but not getting as much publicity for now.
Good luck with everything. Be sure to come back and let us know how you feel about Obama after you're here a while.
Edit to Add: Oh! Lookie here! www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cabin

ADHD=never allowed to buy a gun, only tasers and similar things.

You're joking right? Please explain further.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohioriver
1.NDAA
2.Gun Control
3.Obamacare
4.Not upholding the US Constitution
5.Too many vacations
6.Sneaky
7.Whiner
8.THE ECONOMY
9.DHS
10.TSA
11.EPA

For the above reasons (except #12) and...

-Drones
-Ansewrs to the U.N. instead of the American People
-Unconstitutional, Undeclared wars (while holding a peace prize.)
-Promisses not kept that he made while campaigning
-Lack of transperency
-Mom jeans
-And MANY others that I can't think of because he makes my head spin.
edit on 27-3-2013 by Chi-and-Me because: can't spell

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
How about his green energy policy.
Salindra Big failure
A123 Systems, now being sold to chinese after we bailed them out.
Keystone pipeline.
Now not part of his energy policy, but fast and furious and his executive order protecting the people who had knowledge of the event.
His promise of an open government, truth is it's been more secretive than ever
He's a lier, but what politician isn't.
He's just a big smuck, with his head up his ass.

Edit,
Wall street bailout, GM, Chrysler, AIG
Almost forgot the 2% tax increase, yea I know they were from the Bush era
edit on 27-3-2013 by drwolf because: Added stuff

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Nobody suffers from poor health care because they can't pay! Case in point are the homeless and the illegal aliens. Do you think that they are turned away? It is illegal for a hospital to deny Medical Care on the basis of them not being able to pay. It has been that way for the last 40 years!

I would present that this is why Americans are upset over the illegal aliens issue. They use our systems, the hospital either has to eat the cost, trying going through Medicare, Medicade, and/or SSN to get reimbursed. If they can't get reimbursed they up the cost to cover it. Which means the insurance companies up our premiums. So we pay through taxes, premiums, or both. That why you were told you had to get health insurance. It wasn't because of Obamacare.

As to that little piece of dung heap, would you go through a 2,000+ document so that you could understand it? Even better the idiot Pelosi stated during a press conf, "We have to pass the bill in order to know what is in it." If it is so great, why has Obama Administration granted 722 waivers, some of whom are big corporations like Jack in the Box (Line 7), Universal/Disney (Line 143), or my personal favorite Pepsi (Line 218) the purveyor of the HEK 293 additive: cciio.cms.gov... or 417 Unions: cciio.cms.gov... .

I don't know how many people just these numbers represents and with the estimated 20 million illegals, but I clearly it is in the 10's of millions . Also, if I remember correctly, Government employees and the military are automatically waived. So that's what's eating into the resource pool and is why everyone is seeing a 32% increase in there premiums.

That alone is reason enough to hate Obama.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I think that the reason so many people .......dislike............ is the total disappointment many people who supported Obama are feeling as he fails everyone of his campaign promises and seems intent on being Bush-3.
Obama's unwillingness to stand up to Wall Street or Israel makes him seem useless as a President, given that Wall Street and Israel are the two biggest threats to America right now.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

The only people who I know who dislike him are employed by the private sector.
I understand the reason is because they work and pay much more in taxes than they receive in benefits back.
If I were on the public dole I would be rooting for him also.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by maddog3n8
reply to post by Cabin

Nobody suffers from poor health care because they can't pay! Case in point are the homeless and the illegal aliens. Do you think that they are turned away? It is illegal for a hospital to deny Medical Care on the basis of them not being able to pay. It has been that way for the last 40 years!

I would present that this is why Americans are upset over the illegal aliens issue. They use our systems, the hospital either has to eat the cost, trying going through Medicare, Medicade, and/or SSN to get reimbursed. If they can't get reimbursed they up the cost to cover it. Which means the insurance companies up our premiums. So we pay through taxes, premiums, or both. That why you were told you had to get health insurance. It wasn't because of Obamacare.

As to that little piece of dung heap, would you go through a 2,000+ document so that you could understand it? Even better the idiot Pelosi stated during a press conf, "We have to pass the bill in order to know what is in it." If it is so great, why has Obama Administration granted 722 waivers, some of whom are big corporations like Jack in the Box (Line 7), Universal/Disney (Line 143), or my personal favorite Pepsi (Line 218) the purveyor of the HEK 293 additive: cciio.cms.gov... or 417 Unions: cciio.cms.gov... .

I don't know how many people just these numbers represents and with the estimated 20 million illegals, but I clearly it is in the 10's of millions . Also, if I remember correctly, Government employees and the military are automatically waived. So that's what's eating into the resource pool and is why everyone is seeing a 32% increase in there premiums.

That alone is reason enough to hate Obama.

I met several people in US who were nearly bankrupt due to high medical expenses.

I did not know it is illegal for the hospital to deny medical care in the basis of somebody not being able to pay.Is it different in different states? I understand a situation where somebody is truly injured and they get a healthcare, although at the end they still get a bill and have to pay it. Although when having a fever or some minor injury, I have personally seen that without insurance people are simply turned away (in a hospital, I went to get stitches) and these were not homeless people or immigrants. Also in several films by US producers such situation has happened where somebody with a minor injury is turned away for not having a health insurance. Of course movies are not meant to be real, but why should they lie about something so simple?

Although no country is perfect. The thing I hate in the country I live at, is costly dental care. To get my teeth fixed, I have to pay around 1000 dollars, which is too much. Many people who are poor have to live with bad teeth, simply as they can not afford it.

I understand the problem with immigrants. Many countries have problems with them. Although they are good for doing the easier low-cost jobs, which the local ones do not often want to do.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwolf
How about his green energy policy.
Salindra Big failure
A123 Systems, now being sold to chinese after we bailed them out.
Keystone pipeline.
Now not part of his energy policy, but fast and furious and his executive order protecting the people who had knowledge of the event.
His promise of an open government, truth is it's been more secretive than ever
He's a lier, but what politician isn't.
He's just a big smuck, with his head up his ass.

Edit,
Wall street bailout, GM, Chrysler, AIG

edit on 27-3-2013 by drwolf because: (no reason given)

Wall Street bailout was Bush but was enacted during the beginning of Obama's presidency. Was already a done deal. Automotive bail out was actually a pretty necessary evil as the automotive industry here in the US is like one of the last bits of manufacturing that we have left in what is largely a service economy.

I wouldn't say that i necessarily dislike Obama. I see him as a politician--no more, no less and as prone to yuck as any of them. My key points:

1. I do not blame him for things that are actually up to Congress such as whether they were going to consider any jobs bill proposal from him.

2. Flip flopping: I was, however, very disappointed that he did not do enough to address the indefinite detention aspects of the NDAA and completely backed off closing Guatanamo Bay.

3. Constitutional/failure of leadership/hypocrisy: Also not thrilled with his hesitant lack of response in regards to the treatment of protesters, including veterans, here in the US while he had mouthful to say about the treatment of protesters elsewhere. Actually, bordering on dislike for him on that one since he's supposed to be someone who actually knows something about the Constitution.

4. Constitutional/failure of leadership: Really very unthrilled that I never saw anything powerful being displayed by him in regards to media blackouts or even the decline of the press and its effect on democracy.

5. Revolving door: Despise the fact that his revolving door has featured a lot of Goldman Sachs.

6. Fiscal/International: I have appreciation for his efforts in improving our countries international ties but am not impressed with his failure to stop the nation's jobs from bleeding out to China, India, and whatever cheap labor flavor of the month country there is out there. Nor am I particularly thrilled about our being in a sequester in which he spread doom and gloom yet was also sending tons of money outside to other countries when we are supposed to be cutting back on spending.

7. Obamacare: While I appreciate the efforts and the fact that those with pre-existing conditions can no longer be denied coverage (last group, adults is in 2014 still from what I can tell), it simply did not address enough in actually stabilizing health care costs that have been growing monstrously over the last 10 years. As such, it smells like a band aid that still isn't going to bring a whole lot of health care to those within the US. Only time will tell on that one.

8. War: Pursuing war crimes within our country, especially in light of recent releases, probably would have been a wise move that would have improved the faith in our country's foreign military engagements and within our politicians but nope, didn't do that either....

9. Petty: He made the White House petition thing, which is turning out to be a bit of a farce.

But all of this is pretty typical politician from either party garbage. Presidents don't seem to really stand for anything anymore and, while they cannot make and pass legislation (Congress does that), they are supposed to be the individual that at least represents us and attempts to unite us. Haven't seen much of that from him.
edit on 27/3/13 by WhiteAlice because: attempted to make it easier to read...with extra emphasis on attempted.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorthBlizzard

Originally posted by Cabin

ADHD=never allowed to buy a gun, only tasers and similar things.

You're joking right? Please explain further.

No, I am not joking. One of the common symptoms of ADHD is overreacting. In more severe cases, I have seen some truly disturbing anger issues. I have seen ADHD kids simply hitting somebody for a small thing, they tend to get mad quite easily.

Should such person be allowed to get a gun?

For example, here a person with any mental disorder, whether it was ADHD or Aspergers is never allower to get a gun. They are not even taken to the military, even if they wanted. Even depression is not allowed to miltary service.

Any disorder which can lead to strong negative emotions means that the person will never get a gun licence.

Also drug addicts and people with criminal record do not get a gun licence.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by maddog3n8
reply to post by Cabin

Patently untrue. A friend of mine died of liver failure due to Hep B. He went to a hospital when he first became ill and they patched him up to the least of their ability and sent him out the door although there were treatments that could have eventually saved his life. I'd suggest you talking to him about what happened but, as I said, he's dead now.

Then there is me. I won't go into detail with what's wrong with me but I'm having to pay several hundred dollars just to make an appointment to see a specialist as an uninsured individual who fell through some of the monumental cracks that exist in our country's health system. Really can't wait to see what that bill is going to look like at the end of it all.

The catch is that they cannot deny looking at a patient who falls under certain categories and they may only do what is sufficient to prevent the loss of life at the time of the patient's walking in the door. So, if you have something like an infectious tooth in need of a root canal, a hospital won't do anything about that even though it could eventually become a life threatening situation. I had that one happen to a friend who was uninsured and he eventually suffered a stroke that paralyzed half of his body due to brain infection. But, if you get hit by a car, they will patch you up. There's actually a very sharp line in regards to this and a lot of people die or become permanently disabled due to the flaws within the system.

Here's the link to the wording and explanation of the pertinent act if ye doubt: en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 27/3/13 by WhiteAlice because: added link

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

What country are you living in? from?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join