It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why many American people dislike Obama as a president?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
As far as I have seen his actions/decisions, from an European viewpoint with no first-hand experience under his reign, I see him as one of the best presidents USA has had in a while.

This thread is not made to explain my reasons for liking that president, I am simply interested, what are the reasons behind many Americans disliking him?

Let us please leave out conspiracies, which have not much back-up behind them, simply reasons why your dislike (or maybe even like) him as a president based on his public actions, decisions etc.

Thanks

edit on 27-3-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Because he's "insane in the membrane..."

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
In the entire history of humans on Earth, who has ever liked a Dictator?

Only those that benefit from the Dictatorship which is 1%.

Peace

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

He chose Biden as his VP AND just gave Mr. Shoot-Thru-the-Door a raise when our economy is in the tank.
He backs Israel.
He has barely done anything he promised he'd do.
He got the Nobel Peace Prize for doing absolutely nothing peaceful. I'd have respected him if he'd have refused to take it, but he's way too egotistical.
I could add more, but I won't take everyone else's thunder who's going to answer your question.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Please guys, give at least some arguments, why do you think so?

Saying he is insane or a dictator does not answer any whys.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
But you guys voted him in or the majority did....

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Speak for yourself.
I didn't vote for him unless the person who tallied my vote lied or was on the take.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
NDAA & Every step towards a police state.

^ This and drones (Yes, cheap toys that can stay up in the air for as long as they please to monitor law-abiding citizens)

Obama = Big Government & loves his job.

He as a person? He's a lawyer, a true politician of the worst kind. He's the guy who smiles and calms you as they jab the needle into your arm filled with poisons. He is a great actor, and it works on many people.

My view is abstract and on the outskirts, I try not to invest too much into politics; as I believe the people succeed in spite of their government, not because of it. That said, it is better to have a corrupt figurehead that everyone can agree is corrupt- than to have a corrupt figurehead who is capable of convincing your friends that he has their best interest in mind.

Have I ever been impressed with a President or Administration? No. I think it's a futile observation, as with a watchful eye one can clearly see that the Partisan Archetype is a total farce. These two parties are identical, they both represent the Status Quo--- which for too long has been exactly: Order through Chaos.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
1.NDAA
2.Gun Control
3.Obamacare
4.Not upholding the US Constitution
5.Too many vacations
6.Sneaky
7.Whiner
8.THE ECONOMY
9.DHS
10.TSA
11.EPA
12.And his wife is ugly.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I bet the OP is working for him

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

As the OP, why don't you say why you like him? I see that you are goading people on, but where are your examples????

Or is this just a troll thread to get people fighting?

edit on 27-3-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by Cabin

As the OP, why don't you say why do you like him? I see that you are goading people on, but where are your examples????

I second the motion!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Most who dislike him do so simply out of party politics. Then you have the crazy people. While Obama is far from perfect he has done an adept job. Better than many expect I think. He has been a very pragmatic centrist President. This of course makes left upset he is not more left and the right upset he is not more right but, it puts him in line with most of the nation. With economy on a role now and the wars in Mid East all but over by the time the guy leaves office he will be a pretty popular guy.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohioriver
1.NDAA
2.Gun Control
3.Obamacare
4.Not upholding the US Constitution
5.Too many vacations
6.Sneaky
7.Whiner
8.THE ECONOMY
9.DHS
10.TSA
11.EPA
12.And his wife is ugly.

That's a good start.

What is the deal with all the vacations? Now I'm not saying it's the only reason this country is in such a mess but it seems to me that if he spent more time at the office and less time goofing off something may get accompolished.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Name a president over the last 75 years that wasn't both liked by half the people and hated by half the people. That's what makes America great. We're a lot of reactionary yahoos who will instantly take an opposite opinion about everything so it eventually all balances out.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
To ohioriver
1.NDAA - Not enough knowledge on it. Overally I prefer more power to the police, although this comes with more responsibility and higher punishment for corruption. 100% proof on bribery or overusing your power =capital punishment or very long jail time. The current laws are round here pretty absurd. For example, my smartphone was stolen last year and it can be tracked. Although the law is so absurd, that tracking it would be illegal act of surveillance, as the "thief" has their right for privacy.

2.Gun Control - As coming from a country with basically no guns. I have never seen a gun, never shot one, never heard a shot. Probably once in a month somebody is killed with a gun, if even that. I am pacifist, so I am against everybody having the righ for gun. Poor, uneducated people should not have the right to have a gun. Also full mental check must be done before getting a gun imo. ADHD=never allowed to buy a gun, only tasers and similar things.

3.Obamacare - No offence, but in countries with governemtn-funded free healthcare US health system is often considered a joke. Again no offense. I was extremely surprised when I had to pay over 100 dollars for a couple of stitches. Seeing a doctor, operations are always free her for local citizens, so that a person turning ill would not have to pay the loans all their life. I have head some horror stories about US healthcare, paying over 10000 to dentist or a couple of hundred thousand costing back surgery are in my opinion too high for an average person anywhere in the world.

4.Not upholding the US Constitution - hard to argue as non-American

5.Too many vacations - not enough info, although in my opinion at least 1 or 2 weekly family holidays should be allowed to president in a year. As knowing several high politicians I have seen how full their daily schedules are and how few time they have for the family. I believe it is simply humane to give them such holidays.

Not commenting on the last ones as I do not have much information
edit on 27-3-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by Cabin

As the OP, why don't you say why you like him? I see that you are goading people on, but where are your examples????

edit on 27-3-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

In my last post I said some reasons

I simply did not want people to start attacking my opinion at first, but say the reasons why they dislike Obama, which interested me

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Because hes a fake - Hes a used car salesman.

He is tanking our economy.

He doesnt have this nations best interests as his top priorities.

All he cares about is burning this country to the ground because he doesnt know how to govern.

He blames other people for his shortcommings.

Hes a puppet.

He put us in more debt than all other presidents combined.

He thinks hes a king.

Anyone who questions him is a racist.

He thinks he has executive priviledge over anything he doesnt like.

Obamacare.

His war on the American people VIA privacy rights and second amendment rights.

Hes a tool. He doesnt respect the office in which he resides.

He wipes his ass with our constitution.

I can go on and on.,..

...better to ask why anyone WOULD like him....the lists would be much shorter.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

If you aren't an American, why are you even concerned enough to start this thread?
Thinking of moving here now that they're allowing everyone in?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join