It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Fox News Credibility Lowest of All, Lower Than Comedy Central

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteAlice
I don't trust any of them as far as I can throw them and, considering their size and cumbersomeness,

I grew up in an era where being a journalist meant having integrity. Being unbiased and presenting the facts without taint of persuasion so that a citizen of this nation had that untainted information available to them in order to form their own thoughts and opinions on a matter. The press is supposed to be the most fundamentally important tool that assures our democracy. What we have instead today is an onslaught of persuasive writing techniques bolstered by us v. them type of thinking that is being catapulted by a handful of individuals--a technological oligarchy who utilizes orators and writers to try to tell us what to think instead of giving us the information to make our own minds up. All they end up doing is tossing the apple of discord into the middle of the room so that consensus is never found on anything.

The sad thing is that you really can't trust anyone in the media anymore. Everybody puts the spin on.

You hit the nail on the head with this post.
The Major News Media's don't report all the data and leave it at that, they report only part of the data that supports their master's agenda, and then tell us what to think from that partial data.

When I see some of these reporters going beyond reporting, I think to myself, shut your mouth, I'll form my own opinion without you telling me what to think.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join