It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Fox News Credibility Lowest of All, Lower Than Comedy Central

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
im not sure if this has been posted

A recent poll taken about news outlets, has now backed a regular ATS view about the fox news station.

it is a real eye opener, not to regular ATS`rs, but to the wider public

watch and comment

one part that stood out for me:

Democrats trust all news outlets except for fox news....
Rebulicans distrust all news outlets except for fox news...
wow...

you cant make this stuff up!

sounds about right lol... i gave up on fox news when they said it was neck and neck for obama and romney

edit on 26-3-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

I can't resist.. I wish I could..I know I should... but I can't. I just....can't...resist.

For a news channel the polls suggest everyone distrusts and dislikes?

(Source: Nielsen Ratings: Mon. March 25, 2013)

They sure make one enormous statement by leading all time slots, in all areas over all other Cable News Channels. No exceptions..all the way down the list. I guess everyone is watching to see them get something wrong? Oh well... Another day, another poll.
edit on 26-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
They lead time slots because they're the only conservative channel, whereas all the others are neutral or liberal, so they split viewers.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I can't resist.. I wish I could..I know I should... but I can't. I just....can't...resist.

For a news channel the polls suggest everyone distrusts and dislikes?

(Source: Nielsen Ratings: Mon. March 25, 2013)

They sure make one enormous statement by leading all time slots, in all areas over all other Cable News Channels. No exceptions..all the way down the list. I guess everyone is watching to see them get something wrong? Oh well... Another day, another poll.
edit on 26-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Another thing we've noticed is with the Weather Channel [DIRECTV] when you click for your 'local' forcast as you are waiting, it has the top 5 shows that viewers are watching at that moment & the FOX News Channel is usually in the top 5 most of the time except weekends.
Never CNN/MSNBC......some times 60 Minutes is on there.

Just an observation that for many to claim that FOX is not news, there sure are many that seem to watch it.
Of course, it depends on who is anchoring at the time.
They also air news that the leftest news stations won't air, especially where it concerns this administration and their screw ups.

I often question the polls also, especially if the questions were asked of people in NY or DC....
Just saying.....

edit on 26-3-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I watch Fox News all the time, and I can't stand them. In fact I rarely if ever watch any of the other news channels.

I just like to see what they will say about different subjects. I wonder how many more there are like me?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Phantom
I watch Fox News all the time, and I can't stand them. In fact I rarely if ever watch any of the other news channels.

I just like to see what they will say about different subjects. I wonder how many more there are like me?

lol...me too

its my favourite channel,
but for all the wrong reasons! lol

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

No exceptions..all the way down the list. I guess everyone is watching to see them get something wrong? Oh well...
Wasnt that long ago, People who thought the Earth was Flat, Polled higher than Fox.
To each his Own Sir.
Enjoy your Education from Fox.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Not that I really care (because I don't watch any news entertainment show..), but who the hell is David Pakman?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

Not that I really care (because I don't watch any news entertainment show..), but who the hell is David Pakman?

lol
no idea

its just something i saw...random

who cares where the news comes from, as long as it aint fox lololol

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

You make a bad habit of assuming in replies you make. You may have missed the fact I haven't watched cable news for more than a few minutes in a few months now. I'm all the happier for it, too.

I dislike Fox in particular, on a personal level. I never minded their news shows, what they have of them. It's their commentators I don't like. People like Bill 'O were entertaining ...6-8 years ago, maybe. That's not the term I'd use now. Sean Hannity is just a right side version of Randy Rhodes, using a better choice of vocabulary. Greta? Well... Aruba should be all I have to say there and I lost ALL respect I ever had for that woman professionally and personally over that story and her fixation ..almost GHOULISH fixation on the crime.

So.. You've assumed wrong. I don't even watch the channel. Most folks I know do though, and so it seemed a little off to suggest it was at all time lows. Well, if that's FOX's all time low, it still comes above everyone else in the business. The numbers say it..I don't.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Um... here's the poll.

Linky

They only used data from democrats. So, er. . . um.. . Fox News is the least credible among democrats.

(fixed it for ya!)
edit on 26-3-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Um... here's the poll.

Linky

They only used data from democrats. So, er. . . um.. . Fox News is the least credible among democrats.

(fixed it for ya!)
edit on 26-3-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

cute post

thanks for the link

i guess i should update the op....or maybe i should read that pdf properly

it says they polled 800 voters...referring to them as americans

where does it say its strictly democrats???

edit on 27-3-2013 by thePharaoh because: my nutz itched

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

PPP surveyed 800 voters nationally from January 31st to February 3rd. The margin of error for the survey is +/-3.5%. This poll was not paid for or authorized by any campaign or political organization. PPP surveys are conducted through automated telephone interview

Oh wow, 800 people speak for the whole country.
Good to know, now I can sleep easy at night.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

They first asked if the person voted for Obama or Romney. Then they asked about trust in the networks. It's on page 2 of the pdf I linked.

I believe t was 70% of people that voted for Romney trust Fox News.

So making a headline, "Fox News Credibility Higher than any other network" would be just as valid/invalid.
edit on 27-3-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

They sure make one enormous statement by leading all time slots, in all areas over all other Cable News Channels.

“You'll never go broke appealing to the lowest common denominator.”
– Lisa Simpson

It's how tabloid rags and TV shows like TMZ stay in business.

FOX really doesn't care as much about being accurate, as they do about just entertaining people. Most people don't care about accuracy, they just want to be entertained, so it's not 'boring' news.

More importantly right now, people want an enemy to blame. FOX, which can't even try to pretend to be objective when it comes to partisan politics, is really beating those drums hard and it is resonating with people. FOX gives you the enemies to hate for your problems and they are not surprisingly all sitting on the left.

That said, having a large audience has nothing to do with quality or reasonable content. If it did, one could assume that Michael Bay's billion dollar Transformers franchise must have been oscar-worthy material due to the amazing ticket sales alone.

Yeah. If people will pay billions to watch garbage, what would they do if it was practically free?
Even the actors and finally the director have admitted the movies were nonsense.

That says a lot about the tastes of the majority.

- Lee

edit on 27-3-2013 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Personally? No argument from me. I didn't stop watching television news after the election last year because it was boring. I also didn't get particular about who I cut. I don't watch any of them. In fact, about the only times my wall screen isn't showing a computer display is when Duck Dynasty is running or a couple other similar 'cute' and enjoyable shows.

Fox, MSNBC, CNBC, CNN...Whats the difference? They're all newstainment with leaning right or left. That's all that changes. The more I've come to spend my time hunting down and reading what THEY read before they butcher the news into something "fit" to entertain with? The more I've come to realize how DEEPLY lied to we all are, every single day and on damn near every issue. All that changes is which way the spin gets spun.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I was over at my family’s house the other day and my mother watches FOX religiously so when I am there that is what is on. Bills show was on as I was walking by and I heard a snippet from him where as he was responding to a guests comment about how it is hard to raise children right because some people are holding down two jobs and an assortment of other reasons Bill responds to the guest that these people don’t need to have two jobs.

It sort of blew my mind how out of touch that crew is. I mean sure if people made the money Bill makes at one job I agree they don’t need two jobs but I have friends that are barely getting by and with working two jobs but I guess old bill there thinks everyone makes 20 mill a year to flap their jaws about things they don’t have a clue about.

Anyway I made a comment about Bills folly and my mother who has been indoctrinated by FOX said Bill is right and said people that work two jobs are part of the entitlement group. I tried to reason with her but gave up when she started talking about how people make so much more now than when she was working in Washington (she worked as a secretary for the FBI) so in her mind everyone is much better off now. I asked her how much she paid for her apartment back then and she said $120 then I asked her what she thought that apartment would go for today she said $300. Well I looked it up the cheapest place I could on my phone for DC there was nothing under $1300 for efficiency near to where she was. Long story short she didn’t believe me and she thinks FOX would never say something that wasn’t true.

My mother is getting up there in years and all of my family thinks she has early Alzheimer’s so I don’t get upset over such things. The funny thing is she is a registered democrat but in the past 12 years is as right wing as they come. My pop who has always been a republican has eased up over the years and changed his mind on many issues. He is a moderate republican now which is cool. He will watch FOX every once in a while but prefers to read the paper for the news each morning or listen to talk radio. He like Bill hates Hannity I asked him why and he said Hannity’s voice is like nails over a chalkboard to him.

From what I have observed from my Republican side of the family they all watch FOX if they watch the news my Uncles and Aunts are the same but for those I know who are not Republicans they watch anything but FOX. So basically FOX gets ratings because it is the only conservative news option if there was only one liberal option then their ratings would be just as high or higher but as it is now they have a lot of channels to choose from. For myself if I am not at a friends or family’s house where they are watching the news then I don’t turn it on at my home to be honest I dropped cable 2 years ago and just have internet access but hardly ever watch TV anyway. With torrents now I can watch any show I want for news its talk radio in the morning and a couple internet sights I frequent.

ATS is more for entertainment but every once in a while I find out something on here. A gem of info that hasn’t been publicized but I am very careful about the stories here especially of late. For example this thread should have been moved to dissinfo or hoax a while back diss information If you don’t believe me then zoom in on the doors there isn’t even a lock on it.

I digress so basically every news source sucks they all lie to some degree now at least with the internet when I read something I can then research into it myself and most of the time I can find the facts or a couple different viewpoints on a subject and come to my own conclusion.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Fox, MSNBC, CNBC, CNN...Whats the difference? They're all newstainment with leaning right or left.

The difference?

Some agencies want to entertain AND be accurate/responsible with what they say and show.

Left or Right leanings really doesn't matter provided you actually are fair and balanced with what you report as factual information and news.

The main difference I can find is that study after study from various sources that show how FOX News viewers are the most uniformed by comparison to the those that view the other news networks. It's really hard for me to just dismiss them and considering what I have seen from FOX news I think they are spot on.

Fox News Viewers Uninformed, NPR Listeners Not, Poll Suggests

People were asked questions about news habits and current events in a statewide poll of 600 New Jersey residents recently. Results showed that viewers of Sunday morning news shows were the most informed about current events, while Fox News viewers were the least informed.

In fact, FDU poll results showed they were even less informed than those who say they don’t watch any news at all. - FORBES

People who watch no news, knew more than those that watch FOX news?

Some News Leaves People Knowing Less

For example, people who watch Fox News, the most popular of the 24-hour cable news networks, are 18-points less likely to know that Egyptians overthrew their government than those who watch no news at all (after controlling for other news sources, partisanship, education and other demographic factors). Fox News watchers are also 6-points less likely to know that Syrians have not yet overthrown their government than those who watch no news.
- Farleigh Dickinson University

More FOX viewers believed Obama's healthcare plan covered illegals and pays for abortions?

In our poll, 72% of self-identified FOX News viewers believe the health-care plan will give coverage to illegal immigrants, 79% of them say it will lead to a government takeover, 69% think that it will use taxpayer dollars to pay for abortions, and 75% believe that it will allow the government to make decisions about when to stop providing care for the elderly. NBC/Wallstreet Journal Poll

The more you watch FOX the less you're likely to trust mainstream science?

More exposure to Fox News was associated with more rejection of many mainstream scientists' claims about global warming, with less trust in scientists, and with more belief that ameliorating global warming would hurt the U.S. economy.

Stanford.edu

FOX viewers get low scores in high-knowledge areas.

By contrast, the regular audiences for many other sources scored no higher than the sample average. The audiences for morning news (34% high knowledge), local TV news (35%), Fox News Channel (35%), blogs (37%), and the network evening news (38%) were not significantly different from the norm for the whole sample (35%). The audiences for CNN, internet news sites such as Google and Yahoo, local newspapers, and TV news organization websites scored slightly higher (41%-44% high knowledge).

PEW Research Center

Fanning the flames with known rumors...

FOX NEWS CONTRIBUTES TO SPREAD OF RUMORS ABOUT PROPOSED NYC MOSQUE

CNN and NPR promote more accurate beliefs; Belief in rumors associated with opposition to the NYC mosque and to mosques in general.

- Ohio State University

I don't think this is all a plot to undermine FOX's title as ratings champion, but rather part of the reason why they might be.

I get why people like them because it plays into what they want to believe but I'd need real convincing to accept them as anything more than a corporate and conservative mouthpiece that plays on the fears of Christians and the Right.

- Lee

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
im not sure if this has been posted

sounds about right lol... i gave up on fox news when they said it was neck and neck for obama and romney

Yeah, I guess if the news doesn't fit your agenda or political assuasion, it must be inaccurate or not newsworthy. I guess everyone is guilty of being narrow minded.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
That's funny. Because I've found that most people that bash Fox News are the same people that get their news from Conan O'Brien, Jon Stewert and Stephen Colbert thinking it's a reliable news source. And if I remember correctly, Fox was the one that broke the truth about Trayvon Martin when MSNBC and every other news station was showing a child photo of him.

Im not a big fan of Fox myself, but I'm tired of people bashing it just to follow a trend.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join