It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Only Child (Only Daughter)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Do You know anybody among your friends or family, who is an only daughter raising only by a father, because her mother died. No grandparents, no stepmother.

I am such person and I have never met in my life such girl with life like me. I have got 2 half-sisters, who are older then me 20 and 25 years. We got one, the same mother, but each of us different fathers.

Anyway, I live with my dad alone for almost 10 years, since my mum passed away, because of cerebral haemorrhage.

I feel totally alone, when I think about my life's story.
edit on 16-4-2013 by Gazrok because: removed all caps from titles.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Sending you a U2U but your situation is not unique.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AnnieWolf19

I have added you as a Friend Annie. You are not alone....u2u me anytime you want to talk. I'm here for you.

((((((Annie)))))).....

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
That's my story except I'm a son. Just me and my Dad left. It can be lonely at times.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Not alone at all. I was up until recently a single dad raising one biological daughter and one adopted daughter pretty much on my own.

It's a very hard road yes, but very rewarding and something I can proudly say I shouldered myself. It's just something we do simply because it's the right thing to do.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
AnnieWolf - you're not alone. But I am sure that it feels like that sometimes. It must be so hard not having a Mom to share your thoughts and feelings with. I don't know how old you are but if you are in your teens it can be the hardest time and feel like the most lonliest. You can write me anytime my dear. I am a Mom of a 13 year old and if you ever need to talk/vent/ask any questions I'm here for you. I welcome you into my heart. xox

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

BlastedCaddy - I'm here for you as well my dear. All young people need to be heard and valued and to feel that they belong and matter. If you ever need to talk to a "Mom" I'm here for you. xoxox

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Me too. I was an only child, and my mom passed away when I was 7.
It's strange being raised by just a father, especially when you reach your teenage years.
It's hard for a father to relate to a daughter, and a daughter cannot tell her father certain things. Well, most things.

I moved away from home as soon as I turned 18.

I turned out ok, for the most part, but I did learn about a lot of things the hard way, and got my street smarts at a very young age.

Your friends become your family....

I hope you have a loving father. It's hard for him too.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Hi.

I am an only daughter. My parents divorced when I turned 12. They took up with their new lives and I basically raised myself and pretty well.

You are not alone. It does get pretty lonely as you get older and realize you don't have any siblings to rely on, especially as the parent or parents age. My husband is dealing with this now because I spend a lot of time traveling to be with my parents who are hundreds of miles away. It annoys him, but he's getting used to it. He has a sister, so he doesn't have that worry about his parents. She is closer to them and will be their caretaker.

Forgot my main point. I chose to live with my Dad because my mom moved out of my school district. But now I am closer than ever to both of them.
edit on 26-3-2013 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND REALLY NICE TO KNOW THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE WITH SUCH LIFE"S STORY OR WITH SIMILAR ONE.

THANK YOU ALL, HUGS

VERY OFTEN WE CAN HEAR ABOUT MOTHER WHO RAISES ALONE HER CHILD OR CHILDREN, BUT STORIES WITH LONELY DADDIES ARE RARE.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I am an only daughter of a single dad. We fled from Russia when times were very tough and my mother had made a conscious decision to abandon me when I was just an infant. Apparently she fell in love with another man in the military and wanted to have his children. After many many years, my resentment for her is diminishing but any kind of healing take time. Sometimes a lot of time.
You are not alone.

My dad is the most important person in my world. I would do anything for him even though he is in his own way, damaged from his life pains and tribulations. I can't say that I know what it is to have someone that close pass away, but I can say that i've had a mother who carried me inside of her for 9 months and in her arms for a year decide we weren't enough. It used to be that the Moms were the single parents but more and more I see fathers stepping up and doing what they can for their children. You need to realize that there are so many people out there who genuinely want to help you and care, and others who genuinely don't. Find something that will help you, like a support group (most are free and can be found with an online search) or friends, online friends with helpful advice, but most importantly your dad.

He probably needs support just as much as you do.

You can send me a private message anytime hun, I'm usually around.
edit on 27-3-2013 by RooskiZombi because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-3-2013 by RooskiZombi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Greetings

Never give up your hope , i know being alone is really hard especially when your in your twenties.
Being lonely is one of the hardest things to deal with .

But we have to keep going , it is the only way , i see our own individual lives as the Greatest adventure Novel ever written , and the only way to get through must be by reading it to the last page.

TheGreazel

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreazel

THANK YOU FOR YOUR LOOK AT HARD TOPIC....NICE TO HEAR YOUR WORDS OF A SUPPORT

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RooskiZombi

YOUR STORY IS PRETTY UNBELIEVEABLE AND SO EXOTIC...NICE TO HEAR IT...

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
IF THERE IN THE UNITED STATES ARE SOME SUPORT GROUPS FOR LONELY FATHERS AND THEIR DAUGHTERS?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Yes.

single-dads.supportgroups.com...

www.facebook.com...

www.onlydads.org...

I am sure they can link you to support groups for children.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

THANK YOU

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
AND ARE THERE ANY SUPPORT GROUPS FOR ONLY DAUGHTERS OF LONELY FATHERS?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
In the beginning of March I found in Polish one book about "Motherless daughters" and its author is Hope Edelman- American writer, who lost her mother when she was 17 and because she could not find any book about subject of mother loss, she decided to write such book by herself.

Maybe for somebody else it's going to be a useful information

For me that book I think is going to be helpful for some reasons, but anyway I am still stubborn and I wish one day I would meet in a real life one girl with my lifestory.

Here are some information about Hope Edelman
www.hopeedelman.com...

And for sure in the United States and in the UK or in some West coutries in Europe and in Israel (as I found out from the book) there are some support groups called "Motherless Daughters".
motherlessdaug.meetup.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Thank you for that! I know our situations aren't quiet the same as I didn't have a father either, but I could definitely use this book.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join