It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jesus increase the chances of you ending up in hell?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The Bible also says and Christians teach that Jesus was tested on all points, which means that the same ideas entered his mind, but he did not give consent of the will and did not act on them.

And I'm sure that Jesus could appreciate a nice ass just like the next guy (oh what sacrilege!)

edit on 27-3-2013 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Explain how you appreciate a nice ass without lusting...

No, I think you are wrong on that point.

edit on 27-3-2013 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

And I'm sure that Jesus could appreciate a nice ass just like the next guy

Bahahaha!!

Classic dude...

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Bad translations in, bad theology out.

Its not the translations that I'm discussing... but rather I'm pointing out that Jesus upgraded definitions of certain sins to include even emotions such as lust and anger.

As to the question raised by the thread title, God forbid! Are you going to say that John the Baptist did NOT say Jesus was the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world?

Thats not even the subject of my thread.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

Explain how you appreciate a nice ass without lusting...

No, I think you are wrong on that point.

Listen I'm not saying that Jesus wasn't blemish free right up to the cross, but he also deserved to enjoy the full range of the human experience including sexuality, which is probably the biggest test of all, how to harness it.

But the beauty of women is undeniable to a man (unless he's gay), and if my research is accurate Jesus had a girlfriend in Mary Magdalene, with whom he remained chaste until "afterwards" in his liberated resurrected life beyond the walls of Jerusalem or beyond the belly of the beast that he willingly entered into.

And so no I don't think he was "beamed straight up" afterwards.

Also there's a difference between appreciating the beauty of a woman as made by God, and lusting. '

What did he do, look away?

Jesus may have been absolutely divine and in perfect obedience to the will of God but he was also fully human as well we must never forget that and in the process lose our affinity with him, by simply elevating him exclusively to inaccessible God-status, that's a terrible mistake. He's impossible to follow if that were the case (non human).

edit on 29-3-2013 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Isn't it obvious the reason why there is so many chances and reasons for you to end up in hell is because to god. That is heaven!

Now lets think about hell for a minute and how demons are represented. Aren't volcanoes generally chilling places for lizards?

When we talk about heaven and hell we generally summarize it in what our personal hells and heavens are.

When we talk about gods heaven and hell why do we not ever try to see what that could be?

Obviously it's a personalized one to right? As we mirror god in making personalized after lives why wouldn't god do the samething?

Since we are all god anyway.

But I have a question if Jesus died for everyones sins how would a place of torture make sense? All souls became clean once Jesus died!

So with that logic I can do whatever the hell I want for the rest of my life and end up in heaven talking to the pope.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

If the afterlife is hell. Doesn't that make this heaven already? That would mean in the afterlife the corrupt will be the homeless, the hated, the judged. And all the meek people here who are treated like crap. Will have there day!

Then when everyone there dies the roles are reversed again! So with that being said. Whoever god is must be in hell in this life. That's why we'll go to hell when we die!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Manunnaki

If that is true then the only way to get rid of the hell paradigm cycle would be to allow heaven to manifest on earth.

Then and only then will the afterlife be heaven.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

One man/woman's heaven is another man/woman's hell! But I think we'd all be better off in a peaceful world. Where everyone and everything is basically in harmony.

Anyone who tries to disrupt it will be sent back into the reincarnation cycle.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

Bad translations in, bad theology out.

Its not the translations that I'm discussing... but rather I'm pointing out that Jesus upgraded definitions of certain sins to include even emotions such as lust and anger.

As to the question raised by the thread title, God forbid! Are you going to say that John the Baptist did NOT say Jesus was the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world?

Thats not even the subject of my thread.

The thread title is not the subject of your thread?
Maybe you need to reread my post.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

The thread title is not the subject of your thread? Maybe you need to reread my post.

I read your post.
I am discussing his teachings that emotions such as lust and anger are on par with adultery and murder. Does it not increase the chances of someone ending up in hell?

Or did these tough commandments become nullified after Jesus died?
edit on 30-3-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

The thread title is not the subject of your thread? Maybe you need to reread my post.

I read your post.
I am discussing his teachings that emotions such as lust and anger are on par with adultery and murder. Does it not increase the chances of someone ending up in hell?

Or did these tough commandments become nullified after Jesus died?
edit on 30-3-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

My own take on all that is that emotions are just emotions, but Jesus was pointing out that even if we are only tempted, we are thus imperfect. The most rigid observance of the Law does not make us perfect - only by having a clean mind and a clean heart are we perfect, and only Jesus the Christ had those in this life. As for ending up in Hell, well I'm sure you know my views on that. The only thing to be nullified ("nailed to the cross") after Jesus died was the ceremonial law.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

The only thing to be nullified ("nailed to the cross") after Jesus died was the ceremonial law.
The Old Testament is basically a book of curses, so is evil, and had to be done away with so that the people of this earth can live free of all those pronouncements of doom.
The OT mentality is: ruin for you, that way we feel better about our own situation.
It's antisocial and even psychopathic.
edit on 30-3-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

They are not. Both exist solely inside the mind until the moment you choose to act on them. Anger and joy are just as much actions as lust, for all three exist within the mind until you express them. It's called emotion. So the way you see it is incorrect. Plain and simple. Emotions are not actions. I'm not saying you're a bad person, I'm saying perhaps you should pick up a book that doesn't tell you have to live your life. You might learn something.

This bears repeating: You have to realize that God lets his preferences be known to us that we may walk in them. You don't deserve a star just for knowing that anger and lust are both emotions, and also, newsflash, just because they exist "solely" in the mind, as you believe, that doesn't make you an innocent bystander that is immune to the condition of the thoughts of your heart.
You can be angry about a lot of different things, but lust is just that, a desire to have sex outside of the context of marriage, a form of covetousness.

You are free to make all the excuses you want, be as obtuse as you please, just be aware that it is my understanding that different actions elicit different emotions and even then, you can change if you want to.

"Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be." - Abraham Lincoln
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: Fixed.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

The only thing to be nullified ("nailed to the cross") after Jesus died was the ceremonial law.
The Old Testament is basically a book of curses, so is evil, and had to be done away with so that the people of this earth can live free of all those pronouncements of doom.
The OT mentality is: ruin for you, that way we feel better about our own situation.
It's antisocial and even psychopathic.
edit on 30-3-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

woh ... yet another unexpected statement...

Is it just me or are more and more Christians rejecting the OT these days...

I've seen several members change their tune on the OT over the years I've been here... its good to see (imho)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manunnaki

If the afterlife is hell. Doesn't that make this heaven already? That would mean in the afterlife the corrupt will be the homeless, the hated, the judged. And all the meek people here who are treated like crap. Will have there day!

Then when everyone there dies the roles are reversed again! So with that being said. Whoever god is must be in hell in this life. That's why we'll go to hell when we die!

I thought this was hell on earth; the afterlife provides a suitable heavenly construct (each individualized). Would could it be hell depending on your actions here? Someone might institute/play the Double down Hell Card, that would hurt as in no escape from an experience of it-- either here or there (singing with the angels).
edit on 30-3-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join