It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror group claims car bomb was meant for Northern Ireland G8 summit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Terror group claims car bomb was meant for Northern Ireland G8 summit

www.guardian.co.uk

The republican terror group Oglaigh Na hEireann has claimed that a car bomb abandoned in County Fermanagh at the weekend was to be detonated at the hotel hosting the G8 summit of world leaders in June.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.4ni.co.uk
www.belfasttelegra ph.co.uk

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
So this dissident group say they were targeting the hotel which will be hosting the G8 Summit, the likes of Barack Obama, David Cameron, Vladimir Putin and other world leaders will all be staying there.

They better beef up the security. Not only for the dissident republican attacks ( which im guessing may happen, those guys would love the publicity ) but also for the many protests which will take place.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Hi LadyT

I dont understand.
When peace talks began, a group came out called "The Real IRA"
The article in your source seems to keep mentioning the term "The New IRA"
I may have missed the news a little but im not familiar with the latter term

I will do some search just in case i sound ignorant, stupid or both
cheers
dave

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

They are a splinter group. It's hard keeping up with them and all the names! There is so many breakaway factions of dissident republicans these days, you also have the RIRA and the CIRA and some others I cant recall at this moment in time. So no, not stupid at all. It confuses everyone lol.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Hi LadyT

I dont understand.
When peace talks began, a group came out called "The Real IRA"
The article in your source seems to keep mentioning the term "The New IRA"
I may have missed the news a little but im not familiar with the latter term

I will do some search just in case i sound ignorant, stupid or both
cheers
dave

The IRA is the national army of the Irish Republic (the independent Irish state that existed for 1 week in 1916). After the British colonialists quashed the Easter Rising, the government of the Irish Republic declared a permanent state of emergency and surrendered legal authority to the military high command of the IRA, the Army Council. Since the Irish Republic was never officially dissolved - even after the establishment of the so-called "Republic of Ireland" - the Army Council continues to be the only legal government of the entire island of Ireland and a permanent emergency is still in effect owing to the occupation of the British colonialists and the de facto power of the so-called "Republic of Ireland" government.

Due to occasional splintering and infighting within the Army Council created by British spies and provocateurs, several different groups calling themselves the IRA exist. Only Continuity IRA is the actual, legal government of the whole island of Ireland as Tom Maguire, the last surviving member of the civilian government of the short-lived Irish Republic, recognized the CIRA as the legitimate Army Council before he died in 1993.

edit on 26-3-2013 by walliswallis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by walliswallis

Hmm, I smell some bias in your post..

The only legitimate Government of anywhere, much less Eire or Northern Ireland, is one elected by the people. As almost a century has passed since the events you have described, along with a multitude of elections, it is meaningless and ludicrous to suggest that a handful of crazy Irish criminals is the only legitimate Government. They don't govern anything and their numbers are so few that Blue Square Bet League teams can boast greater support...

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Hmm, I smell some bias in your post..

The only legitimate Government of anywhere, much less Eire or Northern Ireland, is one elected by the people. As almost a century has passed since the events you have described, along with a multitude of elections, it is meaningless and ludicrous to suggest that a handful of crazy Irish criminals is the only legitimate Government. They don't govern anything and their numbers are so few that Blue Square Bet League teams can boast greater support...

Hmm, I smell some bias in your post.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Well, at least I had the cognitive ability to be able to reason why....

What makes you think that these terrorists/criminals are the legitimate anything, much less Government? The only thing that springs to mind is you're a sympathiser

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Well, at least I had the cognitive ability to be able to reason why....

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Originally posted by stumasonWhat makes you think that these terrorists/criminals are the legitimate anything, much less Government? The only thing that springs to mind is you're a sympathiser

That seems like a reasonable conclusion.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by walliswallis

Then we're done here. I won't talk to someone who sympathises with callous, child murdering arseholes.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by walliswallis

Then we're done here. I won't talk to someone who sympathises with callous, child murdering arseholes.

ok, bye

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I have a nationalist background, raised catholic in the republic heartland of Derry City, Northern Ireland.

I have to say that the majority of people here want peace, we want an end to bombings/shootings and we want rid of the tiny minority of bitter terrorists ( on both sides) who are left here.

It was different in the past when we were fighting for rights. But now all we have is a bunch of cowboys running around with guns taking the law into their own hands, putting peoples lives in danger. No sane person wants it here anymore. The support for these splinter groups has dwindled. Time for us to move on.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
But now all we have is a bunch of cowboys running around with guns taking the law into their own hands, putting peoples lives in danger. No sane person wants it here anymore. The support for these splinter groups has dwindled. Time for us to move on.

I agree - the PSNI is out of control.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

aw I had to star that because it made me laugh lol

ah well,

I know some people like you an there is no talking to them!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha

I know some people like you an there is no talking to them!

likewise

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
error - mods delete
edit on 29-3-2013 by walliswallis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Wow

The IRA are now exploiting very young children by dressing them in terrorist fatigue

www.youtube.com...
youtu.be...

new topics

top topics

join