It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our government will never attempt to enslave us because where would the troops come from?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I'm genuinely confused here?

Unless there is another secret army (where have all the missing children really gone) there isn't enough troops to oppress the American people.

While American soldiers will fire on civilians to a certain extent, it isn't too the extent that a hostile take over would require.

Can't bring in U.N. soldiers because we (along with our then ex soldiers) wouldn't stand for it!

There will not be hostile forces on American soil any time soon.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

What do you mean?

If American soldiers are willing to shoot and kill civilians already, which they are clearly, what makes you think they won't shoot Americans?

Besides, the US has already entered into agreements with the UN to allow foreign troops to patrol US soil.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
drones, robots ... terminators?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I'm not sure what kind of rhetoric you are using or are just ignoring the history of the world. There have been plenty of dictorships where they have practically enslaved the populous and none of them having any problems recruiting soldiers into their armies. In fact, just look at NK. People join the DPRK's armed forces. It happened in Nazi Germany. It happened during the Roman Empire.

Oh and even if the country has problems finding willing enlistees, there is always forced conscription.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Most if not all troops nowadays are mind controlled, Not by a machine or potion or w/e bs movies feed people, but by simple psychology.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Lots of Mexicans in the US Army, and other Immigrants whom are now America citizens.

Also, if they FAIL to Obey then BOOM... no pay cheque.

Also, they're probably indoctrined that if US citizens throw rocks or try to keep their homes, they need to be engaged.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Yea. One has to look no further for a recent event than Iran when Iam Adinnerjacket "won" the election and a million people filled the streets.

The "Brute Squad" came out in force...

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Our government doesn't need to attempt to enslave us, simply because we were born into slavery. Do you have a SS#? You are a SLAVE!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Double Ditto on UN troops. The peacekeepers of the world ...Soon to be the law of the world if certain folks get their way and judging by their progress over the last 15 years I'd say that they may just be able to do it. If our economy crashes, look out for the light blue berets in a major city near you. Because you know our understaffed and under funded military (sequester) won't be able to handle the extra burden of domestic civil unrest. What troops we have will have the hands full over seas.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Imagine this scenario:
Hyperinflation has set in and the economy is totally ruined. People are rioting in the streets because there is no food on the Wal-Mart shelves or money to buy it with if there was. Unemployment has totally skyrocketed. People are starving including you and your family. Then an army recruiter comes along and says, "Hey, if you sign up, you and your family will get food, shelter, medical care etc. People will sign up in droves. it is not an implausible scenario at all. Especially when you consider the fact that people are getting more and more self-centered in our society as time goes on. It will be easy for them because after all, they are just "following orders".
edit on 26-3-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
I'm genuinely confused here?

Unless there is another secret army (where have all the missing children really gone) there isn't enough troops to oppress the American people.

While American soldiers will fire on civilians to a certain extent, it isn't too the extent that a hostile take over would require.

Can't bring in U.N. soldiers because we (along with our then ex soldiers) wouldn't stand for it!

There will not be hostile forces on American soil any time soon.

Perhaps I can assist with your confusion a little ...errr... to clear it up, I mean.

Using just one of the better known names, Blackwater had an estimated 30,000 private mercenaries under arms and trained as well or better than our Uniformed services (which a fair % of their membership is drawn from). THAT was just their domestic/U.S. Unit and that was clear back in the early years of the war. Back when Prince still ran day to day stuff directly. Add to that, Graystone, which was Blackwater's off-shore division that hired primarily INTERNATIONAL former military and mercenaries ......who'd have no problem and probably ENJOY kicking American doors and roughing up American civilians.

Blackwater/Xe or whatever name they chose this month...is just ONE of many "Private Military Contractors" supplying labor for war these days Not Soldiers of Fortune, IMO. That implies fighting for a paycheck but also fighting for some inner values and cause at the same time. Straight mercenaries is how I view a good % of the PMC's. They'll fight for the dollar ...whoever has more to offer.

You ask who or how we'd ever see force used? Just pick up the special D.O.D. phone book for military contractors to dial up ...and what was a support industry 15 years ago can literally field small armies, ready for battle and equipped for anything.

edit on 26-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

We have a winner!

I've been saying since Sandy Hook happened that we have seen the table set for Academi (blackwater, Xe, whatever), wackenhut(who happens to hold the security contracts for places like Los Alamos), and some of the others to get their foothold in this country, within the public sector.

Those guys are true, paid mercs.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I totally agree, and I had not even thought of the mercenaries being used on a regular basis nowadays. Also keep in mind that these guys are not some teenage Pvt. Snuffy regular Army enlisted men. They are usually ex SEALS, Special forces, Rangers, etc. And I can tell you by serving alongside these guys that they are all total A__holes. They all think that they are 10 ft. tall, bulletproof and put here in this world as a harbinger of destruction and death. They would enjoy kicking in doors and shooting, raping, killing "Domestic insurgents." Also those guys make waaaayyyyyyy more money than an enlisted man ever does. You can't ever underestimate the power of a fat paycheck.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

And they still bleed like you and I do. Even taking into account the mercs they still don't have the numbers to hold US soil against a P-Oed population. Like it's been said before, the only way they could do it is by turning off the lights and water to rural America. Even then it would take awhile in some areas.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The government in America is not bad. They have just been misled. Their behavior is bad. We need to rationally approach them and somehow persuade them to examine their ways and to run the government using common sense. I believe in environmental regulation so we don't wind up spending so much to repair things. I see a lot of money used to patch up the environment around here from bad business practices in the past. It is too expensive to put patches on a worn out tire, the thing to do is make sure it never happens to that extent again.

The problem with the government we have is they are trying to please everyone to get votes. We have created a screwed up economy and the government is far in debt. What a mess, the stupidity of world governments to think showing economic growth is necessary is a farce. Competition is not required to have a healthy and sustainable economy. Something needs to be done with this on a world basis.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by netwarrior

Moot point considering the thread topic. OP does not want to know how they would go about domestic operations, he wants to know how people could possibly sign up in an army to do so. And while they may not have the number now, like I said in my previous post, people will sign up in droves if/when the SHTF with the economy and people with their families are starving. And yes, rural America woud certainly take more time for them, but the majority of people live in cities. All packed in a small area and only some of them armed. Ripe for the picking.

But I do agree with your post. I live in a rural area and I can tell you, people here would be some of the last to get "rounded up" or exterminated or whatever.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
The government in America is not bad. They have just been misled. Their behavior is bad. We need to rationally approach them and somehow persuade them to examine their ways and to run the government using common sense.

I think that is a very naive mindset. Do you know what Dick Cheney said when Barbara Walters was interviewing him and asked about the 28 percent approval rating the Bush administration had recieved from a public opinion poll? He said, "So?" I even put it in my signature because it show just how far these politicians are removed from the people they govern. We in america have the best politicians that money can buy and the people asking nicely for them to start doing the right thing will not change it.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I just recently re-watched the Star Wars Prequels. Very interesting given this course we seem to be set on.

Also interesting is how long it took for the Emperor to come into power.

You may want to go back and watch Episode II again it will help you understand where the army will come from and then in Episode III and the Order 66 given that turns the Clone army on it's own...

Do you think the German Jews thought their "own" people would turn on them? For a majority of those in the military they will believe they are doing the right thing because of an insurrection...

Case in point for the readiness of this plan are the movies "Olympus Has Fallen" and "White House Down"
both movies are made to prepare the masses for what is to happen next. A Coup d'état, on American soil will be how it starts, of this I am pretty sure.
edit on 26-3-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Where would they come from? America's youth are already being indoctinated to worship and obey Dear Leader.

Anyone who has had the misfortune to live in a Marxist or Fascist state shold find the cult of personality disturbing.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior

Originally posted by rickymouse
The government in America is not bad. They have just been misled. Their behavior is bad. We need to rationally approach them and somehow persuade them to examine their ways and to run the government using common sense.

I think that is a very naive mindset. Do you know what Dick Cheney said when Barbara Walters was interviewing him and asked about the 28 percent approval rating the Bush administration had recieved from a public opinion poll? He said, "So?" I even put it in my signature because it show just how far these politicians are removed from the people they govern. We in america have the best politicians that money can buy and the people asking nicely for them to start doing the right thing will not change it.

But I said government, not politicians. Politicians are just a small but powerful part of government. Politicians can be corrupt but most congressmen are there trying to make deals with others to get help for their area. Sadly the good ones have little power. Trouble is the help these congressmen seek is not really needed, if the government penalized big business for all their imports than we would be better off.

Bush seems to be a nice guy but the people behind him were not nice. He was a yes man, put in there by his families friends. I would be happy to meet him and have a cup of coffee with him. Heck, I'd even haul him out to hunting camp....Not Cheney with a gun though.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join