It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The inquiring

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Is it better to be a criminal than a law abiding sucker?

Inquiring minds want to know.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Google "state prisons", find a few pen pals who are doing serious time, and ask them what they've got to say about it. That would be my advice.

As the TV theme song once said .... Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
Is it better to be a criminal than a law abiding sucker?

Inquiring minds want to know.

that would depend on your motivation I suppose...

From your previous threads I would guess that money is yours...

Criminals probably make more money then your average "law abiding sucker"

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Competition is a vital component in the generational progression and improvement of DNA. Conflict has been a part of our culture for a very long time, but if we are to progress to a higher state of being from our other animal relatives still in the jungle then there must be something in our character that makes this distinction rather than just a couple of thumbs. The rule of law has been one attempt to define this distinction, but into todays complex and burdensome world is having some troubles. As a general principle it works by allowing everyone to go out and have a good game in life without getting too hurt in the process, much like sport which promotes competition and mostly tries to reduce the conflict.

This world is a very diverse place with many different rules, laws, customs and cultures around the place. If you choose to live by the sword, then be prepared to die by the sword.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I think I'd have to agree with heff on this one.
There is a reason for all laws, whether they are good reasons or not.
I even obey silly ones, like approaching a stop sign on a country road where you can see all directions for ten miles around.
You never know, there just might be a cop hiding behind a bush.
Now if it is something that can never be proven, I say bend the rules at your own discretion.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
A felony a day keeps poverty away... Lol

top topics

join