It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you live with our future,& legacy left over an unjust war???(Updated)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Dr. it's alright to care ,no caring about civilians is the right thing. It will only get worse as time goes by. Combat troop make lousy police.The troops will become bitter as their casualties rise. They will not want to risk thier lives and civilian mistreetment will rise.It's no longer a war over there its an occupation.It will be like the nom before long.All thought i don't think you presenting things guite right I do agree with you its gotta stop to keep the innocents from getting involed. i'm lolking replies from my friends. and I don't see any morons here. Give 'em hell doc!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karl der Grosse
Dr. it's alright to care ,no caring about civilians is the right thing. It will only get worse as time goes by. Combat troop make lousy police.The troops will become bitter as their casualties rise. They will not want to risk thier lives and civilian mistreetment will rise.It's no longer a war over there its an occupation.It will be like the nom before long.All thought i don't think you presenting things guite right I do agree with you its gotta stop to keep the innocents from getting involed. i'm lolking replies from my friends. and I don't see any morons here. Give 'em hell doc!!!

I respect all views and want them here so as to show that there are always more points than just mine or a few select that agree with me, so keep telling it from your heart and come back a talk some more , thanks,
as for the moron thing I was just understandably disturbed with the picture description , but no hard feelings here .....thanks

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
My Terror letter analysis does it add to a negative legacy that we do this, are we scared or curious?

Iteresting topic can our analysis of the letters be a paranoic terror vulnerability and will this add to our legacy in a negative way, I guilty to as you can see from my posts I have taken pokes at desiphering them myself.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
There is a good chance that many of us couldnot be alive to consider the ramifications of the current conflict in Iraq. If not this year, sometime in the next 5, years, we will see another large scale attack. Don't live scared, but it is inevitable.

I would not have put it passed Isreal to have poisoned Arafat, got him out if the country quickly. I mean, You have Iran pissed and scared, and they HAVE nuclear weapons. I think you will see their use by the end of the decade there or in NK. War with NK or Iran is imminent , not avoidable. This is human nature.

Our legacy will be one of "the day that not ended, but changed the world...September 11th, 2001....". Life everywhere will never be the same.Were in the early years of WW3 right now. History books will show this as the " (insert year) war". 8, 12, 22 years, who knows. But I think the US can take over the world in less than 10.

[edit on 11-11-2004 by esdad71]

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
There is a good chance that many of us couldnot be alive to consider the ramifications of the current conflict in Iraq. If not this year, sometime in the next 5, years, we will see another large scale attack. Don't live scared, but it is inevitable.

I would not have put it passed Isreal to have poisoned Arafat, got him out if the country quickly. I mean, You have Iran pissed and scared, and they HAVE nuclear weapons. I think you will see their use by the end of the decade there or in NK. War with NK or Iran is imminent , not avoidable. This is human nature.

Our legacy will be one of "the day that not ended, but changed the world...September 11th, 2001....". Life everywhere will never be the same.Were in the early years of WW3 right now. History books will show this as the " (insert year) war". 8, 12, 22 years, who knows. But I think the US can take over the world in less than 10.

The only bad thing about things now as it relates to history is one day noone will be here to write or read it I think,.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
That's why I am playing Halo 2 and not watching FOXNEWS....

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
That's why I am playing Halo 2 and not watching FOXNEWS....

I would much rather people did their killing on video games anyway, you stick to it there , you have a better plan then everyone else. Killing fake people seems not to be such a bad thing to do when it compares to real lives lost. You cant hit reset in real life I wish the goverments of the world would quit downing video games as violent and play them rather than send men to die for real,.

[edit on 12/11/2004 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The senate im sure are not a set of complete idiots - they know the score. WMD evidence was for the public - i dont really mind it wasnt found - Saddam has used and was willing to develop such weapons.

I think the major selling point of going to war to senate was the signal it transmits the rest of the world - Iran, North Korea and ultimatly China. The war with Iraq was the cheapest alternative. The US pummelled Iraq with its fists while its eyes fixed on its greater enemies.

The US needs to show a firm hand and the willingness to exercise military.

War is in our nature there is no point denying it - Conflict has invariably provided the greatest impetus towards scientific progress

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
cheap this war isnt cheap either in lives or money, and as for grandstanding for your other adversaries the only problem with that is what do you do when they call you out, better yet what if they call you out while you have troops dedicated to the grandstanding war display. No these people cant be that stupid , ignorant yes stupid no , and by that a stupid person is a person who knows the facts and acts in a direction totally opposite of the facts, ignorant persons are those who dont have a clue.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
i said cheapest - as in it would cost alot more to invade Iran and North Korea - by invading Iraq - the United States credibility towards these nations is reinforced possibly saving future conflict.

Iran isnt going to do anything with the US military next door - I think alot of military planners would love for Iran to make a move at the moment - the US has currently deployed around 150,000 troops whereas the US deployed 500,000 troops in 1991 and didnt even invade iraq.

North Korea - Fleet Response Plan - 7 carrier groups in the pacific
www.cpf.navy.mil...

China - on the horizon

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanguard
i said cheapest - as in it would cost alot more to invade Iran and North Korea - by invading Iraq - the United States credibility towards these nations is reinforced possibly saving future conflict.

Iran isnt going to do anything with the US military next door - I think alot of military planners would love for Iran to make a move at the moment - the US has currently deployed around 150,000 troops whereas the US deployed 500,000 troops in 1991 and didnt even invade iraq.

North Korea - Fleet Response Plan - 7 carrier groups in the pacific
www.cpf.navy.mil...

China - on the horizon

On the Iran issue , they are making concessions to appease the anti-nuke weapons policies being imposed on them , N Korea however has not so one way or another we shall end up mixing it up , and this cheap war is going to leave us worse off than if we went after Iran or N Korea first.
We are short billions of dollars, and thousands of men and woman who are dead or wounded and unble to fight again. So we are really screwed.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I wish to thank all vets , I would also like to appologize for how Bush thanks all Vets,. Please Vets know their are some of us tthat don't forget and don't betray. GOD BLESS THE VETS OF THE UNITED STATES MILITARY AND RESERVES......

A Veteran's Day Prayer from Bush? or Not?

Happy Vets Day Bush

Bush Loves Being A Veteran and Loves Veteran's? Okay?

Happy Belated Veterans Day from President Bush

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
well it seems that people are standing up and taking notice to all Bush did In Iraq, Syria and Iran are joining to form a new front, places that thought Israel should never be made peace with are vying for position to talk and big brother Bush bully of the world stands looming over them all.

Bush mean while preachs about terrorism and dictators, But what about his actions , he might as well be the world dictator he is lining up to be with his actions , it just so happens as I saw on the news, one citizen said it best , " how are we supposed to fight American destroyers with rubber inner tubs, That is why I wont fight" , yes they are so under equipted they cant fight back at Bush, and his military machine is only about 3 months into this new term of office I tryed to stop, lotta good that did?

People are going to play nice till the Reign of Bush is over and then all hell is going to break loose , mark my words , Bush has 3 years, 9 months and a few days, that's how long the US has to live , for all those whole Bush has backed into corners shall soon recoil at the US while we are weakened by the unsetteledness of a new president , So wrap up those personal affairs and make peace with estranged family cause as soon as Bush walks out of that White House and a more conservative choice comes in and is prepairing to take on his role that's when they will be coming,.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 05:04 AM
link   
This is a Thank You I didnt want missed in spite of my feelings for the war......I love you guys and gals in the military and I would Like to say......

THANKS

[edit on 13/3/2005 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
upon further recognition of real world problems, i can whole heartedly conclude that we indeed do not have to F corperate capatists. the democractic process is always and will be diligently ripe with fruition, i was wrong in my statement of unholy unrest and recede my thought.

thnx for time

peace and happy

-stu

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This thread is not about War on Terror, it is just as you claimed it not to be - a political thread and nothing more.

Furthermore, there is another thread on the recent replied to list, RIGHT NOT, which is titled, "Are you for or against the War in Iraq?"
This is where you should have put your thoughts and links, rather than starting another thread.

Better yet, there really does need to be a new forum, called, "People with sticks beating the chalkline of where the horse used to be!"

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join