It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police arrest two teens after baby shot in stroller

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Police arrest two teens after baby shot in stroller

www.myfoxatlanta.com

BRUNSWICK, Ga. (AP) - A pair of teenagers was arrested Friday and accused of fatally shooting a 13-month-old baby in the face and wounding his mother during their morning stroll through a leafy, historic neighborhood in southeast Georgia.......And he kept asking and I just said 'I don't have it.' And he said, 'Do you want me to kill your baby?' And I said, 'No, don't kill my baby!'"

Authorities said one of the teens fired four shots, grazing West's ear and striking her in the leg, before he walked around to the stroller and shot the baby in the face.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.huffingtonpost.com

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Wow.. This story broke my heart when I first hear about it the other day. I wanted so badly for it not to be true. I mean, who does this??

Immediately, I (like everyone else in my community) was deeply angered and said that the shooter should ABSOLUTELY get the death penalty. They showed his picture for the first time today on headline news. Me, as a black woman, seeing black teenagers charged with a heinous crime like this still felt no remorse for these lunatics...

Earlier today, a relative and I were discussing this story, still expressing our anger for this type of crime. Then I did some browsing on the internet to check out the story in full and was quite surprised at how strange the woman's story started to appear....

She has already made an appearance on late night television and had no tears...

She first stated to police that the boys were between ages 5-10 (???) then later changed their ages

She only stated "I think we have our man" after picking the boys out in a line-up. (I thought they were arrested on the scene, with witnesses)

There was no gun found on the scene

and this is her 2nd son lost to a violent incident.

I'm not making nay speculations just yet, just wanted to point out the 'not-so-clear' facts about this story.

So...What say you?

www.myfoxatlanta.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Having read the article you posted, her other son (18 years old) was killed by someone (17 years old) who managed to take a knife from him before he was stabbed with it and who was not charged as it was deemed self defense, so im not sure why you are trying to spin it the way you are, that said it sounds like a dangerous area. Kids getting knifed on street corners, attempted robberies resulting in the death of infants.

The one thing that does strike me about this is the fact that a 17 year old is not classed as a juvenille there and has been named by the press already having been charged with first degree murder. Its 18 where I live. I guess it probably varies in different states though?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It's nice that you (like many others in the first thread posted on this story) automatically demonize the victim.

The investigation is on going. No one has the full story or all of the facts just yet.

In the early days of any tragedy, the first reports are often not accurate as media outlets chomp at the bit to get the story out without really knowing exactly what happened. This is why early reports are often conflicting.

Why don't we wait until all the facts are out before we start questioning the 'official story'.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar..
edit on 25-3-2013 by daryllyn because: I can.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Will the mother be charged with a hate crime for not giving the teens the money they asked for?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
and this is her 2nd son lost to a violent incident.

OMG .. my heart goes out to her. If it were me I couldn't take it.
I'd die .. i'd just die ....

So...What say you?

Sounds like you are demonizing the victim.
Sorry .. but you asked ...

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This is just sick, it makes me sooo pissed off that there is scum like this on the streets.
All the evidence should be collected, and if it is found that they are 100% guilty, then string them up.
There is no room on this earth for POS like this.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
you could also try reading the article you posted, its not like the suspect was just hanging around in police line ups waiting to be falsely accused.

Her brother was walking down the sidewalk and saw the officers at her door but came over anyway, Sabrina Elkins said.

"The police came pointing a Taser at him, telling him to get on the ground,"

So. arrested, picked out in a line up, charged hmm, well now its in the hands of the courts (and thankfully not the judge jury and executioner comments on the article.
I still personally think its wrong to name a 17 year old at this early stage, whilst there is still clearly a frenzy, but perhaps im just used to the way things are done over here. Could this media frenzy not potentially influence any future jury?
I know in the UK they have to tread way more carefully to ensure a safe conviction, but it doesn't sound like Jury trials are the in thing stateside, perhaps Egyptian style mob lynching would be preferable.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Already an older thread on this page.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closing dupe.

join