It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 pictures of a UFO that I took on 9-20-2012

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Well, here goes my first thread. I took these two pics around dusk while on a walk in Harrisonburg VA on Sep 20th. While walking up a hill, I noticed a stationary orange ball of light that seemed to be a couple hundred feet in the air. After staring in disbelief for a good ten seconds, the orange light began to dim. That shocked me out my stupor and I quickly got my phone out to take a picture. Luckily, it dimmed only to pulsate brighter again. It went through this cycle two more times before completely disappearing from view. I've walked the same route about every other day since and haven't seen anything out of the ordinary since

I know it's been a couple months but I've been hesitant to put these pics on ATS for a couple of reasons. For one, they're not that great. One can clearly see that it is a real object, but not much detail beyond that. Also, I figured you guys had seen too many of these types of pics to count. However, my own self-serving curiosity has gotten the better of me and I want to know if anyone else has seen anything similar to what I saw.

The pics:
files.abovetopsecret.com...
files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Its practically impossible to even guess what it might be from those pics sorry

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Tajlakz

Thank you for taking the time to take, and post the pics here. All I can really see is reflection of light off, something. What that something is, I have no clue.

Des

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Tajlakz

I can't tell what it is from the picture but that's the nature of the beast .

This quote leads me to a possible solution though ... Could it have been a lantern as that to me describes a lantern sighting .

After staring in disbelief for a good ten seconds, the orange light began to dim. That shocked me out my stupor and I quickly got my phone out to take a picture. Luckily, it dimmed only to pulsate brighter again.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

A lantern? A couple hundred feet in the air, just sitting there?! C'mon man...

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Did it make any noise?

Any time-loss type of experience from the event?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I would be the same as Gortex, you describe pretty much how a lantern behaves, as well as the colour which you can see in the picture.
edit on 23-3-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Tajlakz

I say weather balloon, you can just faintly see a tethered portion...from your first pic...

Here are a couple of examples...

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tajlakz
reply to post by gortex

A lantern? A couple hundred feet in the air, just sitting there?! C'mon man...

They can go higher ...

.How high do the Sky Lanterns fly, and for how long? One Sky Lantern burns and flies for approximately 5 - 10 minutes, in optimal weather conditions, the Sky Lanterns can reach heights between 200m and 1000m
www.facebook.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

I don't know what you think you see in the picture, but there was no tether.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Tajlakz

I don't think I see a tether...I do in fact see a tether...allow me to point it out.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I don't know if you've ever been to hburg, but it's windy pretty much every day and this day was no exception. My point was not that lanterns can't go that high, but rather that the object was stationary during these conditions. Also, when I said the object disappeared, I meant that quite literally. Unless lanterns suddenly zip out of existence or have invisibility cloaks...

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

No noise from what I could tell, and no missing time.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

reply to post by gortex

I don't know if you've ever been to hburg, but it's windy pretty much every day and this day was no exception. My point was not that lanterns can't go that high, but rather that the object was stationary during these conditions. Also, when I said the object disappeared, I meant that quite literally. Unless lanterns suddenly zip out of existence or have invisibility cloaks...

Lanterns does that "zip out of existence" immediately once the fuel (ie candles) burns out.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Tajlakz

My point was not that lanterns can't go that high, but rather that the object was stationary during these conditions.

You don't know the conditions at height the object was , wind speed and direction changes at different altitudes .

Wind Speed and Direction at Different Heights

You say in your OP the you were walking up a hill so perhaps the wind was blowing the object upward .

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
made in china.....lol

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I realize now that this thread was a bad idea. I don't have any right to get snippy at anyone, because all you have to go off of are the 2 crappy pictures and my account of the experience. I'm not going to argue about lanterns or weather balloons because I know that's not what I saw. I know that's not a satisfactory answer to those in the thread, but y'all would be thinking the exact same thing if you had been there.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Tajlakz

I realize now that this thread was a bad idea.

This thread is what this forum is for , you saw something and you want to know what it was , all anyone here can give you are opinions based on the information provided but that doesn't mean that that's what it was or that you should just accept that opinion .

I hope you find the answer you're looking for

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I realize now that this thread was a bad idea. I don't have any right to get snippy at anyone, because all you have to go off of are the 2 crappy pictures and my account of the experience. I'm not going to argue about lanterns or weather balloons because I know that's not what I saw. I know that's not a satisfactory answer to those in the thread, but y'all would be thinking the exact same thing if you had been there.

With all due respect, it sounds more like you wanted validation as opposed to an actual critical assessment as to what you may have seen.

Your account sounds like Chinese Lanterns.
Chinese sky lanterns are paper lanterns that, like hot air balloons, float into the sky through the mechanics of hot air supplied by an open flame.
The flame causes the orange flickering glow.

They "disappear" when the flame goes out.

These things are mistaken for UFOs all the time.

People deploy these lanterns by themselves, or in groups for any and every kind of occasion or celebration, from birthdays, weddings, holidays, or anything.

EDIT: Stars to all of Gortex's posts. I concur.

edit on 23-3-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Tajlakz

Hello! I am excited to present to you another perspective! From what I can see in that picture I can clearly see stealth camo technology and camo light/picture defects are present making the stealth effect visible to the naked eye. ( this is just another perspective on your pictures, I have seen video of this same thing though, for hours with 2 of these particular objects in close proximity, think 2 cops talking to each other in their cars)

From what I've learned through my years of research into UFO's and Timetraveling Craft is what you're actually looking at is a Tour Group from the future, that particular craft can seat up to 16 I believe and various panels can go stealth allowing sight to be controlled.

I will not cite my sources or my research because I refuse to just give it away to the network, I will just say that dimensional travel does indeed exist and I have seen one craft leap from this dimension.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join