It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't sleep at night.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I have a few things you can try...

1. Evening Primrose, Valerian and Kava Kava. (helps reduce anxiety and relaxes you)

2. Melatonin really works. ( I have read that some studies show that small amounts actually work better,) (0.5-1 mg)

3. Your diet! (watch what you eat, simply eating spicy foods can stimulate you enough to not be able to sleep)

4. Yoga and meditation. (relaxing your body will also relax your mind)

5.If you live in the right state, there are certain herbals you can purchase. (All taboo aside, it can really work wonders)

Hope this helps, take care

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Lotsa that stuff is good, but........................a few years back some unscrupolous folks were selling kava root that was actually kava leaf, which is toxic. Its only the root properly prepared that gives the effect you want. I dont think this is a T&C violation, not advocating drugs here. Kava root is a proven homeopathic compound. Unfortunately, kava leaf is toxic, know your source. Back in the late 90's when kava kava started gaining popularity, there were many cases of liver failure around the world sourced back to improperly havested kava.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I went through periods in my life where I couldn't sleep. Prescription sleeping pills would sometimes work but with a horrible hangover.

This is what works for me if I feel it's going to be a rough night. 5Mg melatonin, 150mgs of 5htp, and 750 Mg of GABA. They are natural, and it's a safe combo. I also use a lavender chamomile pillow mist spray, you can get that at bath and body works, I've been using it for years and the smell is so comfy and relaxing.

Also....do you have a comfy bed, pillows and blankets? For me sleeping with the heat on low or off is always when I get the best nights sleep.

Sleep is like a ritual to me so I do everything I can to get a good nights.

If all else fails, I'm prescribed ativan for anxiety, which is also great for slee

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
try iboga
i assure u 100 percent it will work
insomnia is the worst thing in the world if u ask me

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SemperParatusRJCC

Check you blood sugar - if it is abnormally high, you will not be able to get any sleep for sure and then feel terrible the following day. It is best not to eat a few hours before retiring as the food will spike the blood sugar. No sugary snacks, drinks, etc ... However, I find that some red wine helps to get me yawning long before the head hits the pillow.

Also get your thyroid checked - if it is hyperactive, then this is the likely reason. I love eating seaweed but when I overindulge, I will get insomnia. Seaweed (and other seafood I guess) will stimulate the thyroid and will keep you awake. Two other chemicals added to food namely Disodium guanylate and Disodium inosinate are also culprits - so check what you eat (for example Chinese/Japanese quick noodles containing the offending chemicals in the stock) - even when you eat it in the morning or afternoon, it will still have this offending impact at night.

I have sleepless bouts once in a while - sometimes I sense there are departed souls in the room and whenever they are there the subconscious mind will not allow me to fall asleep (fear of getting attacked I guess). I found that if I offer a prayer or send them light, they will depart and leave me in peace ... and sleep takes over naturally.

It is possible that you are doing too much mental work all the time and this pulls the energy (prana or qi) up into the head congesting it. Once trapped like this, the overactive mind will remain in full gear endlessly for the energy is unable to circulate normally and move elsewhere.

When you live like this for a long period of time, the energy starts to misbehave like a naughty child, refusing to go home (!!) and you will end with chronic insomnia. So you will need to learn how to bring it down to the soles of your feet or the Tanden (= home, below the belly button). Just focus for a few minutes on one of these spots and visualize the energy moving to one of these regions - prior to getting into bed.

You can also ask any Chinese/Japanese/Korean martial arts practitioner to teach you a few other tricks too. It involves visualization essentially.

You might want to reset your circadian rhythm/clock. At daybreak, get out of the house and look at the morning sun to resensitize your eyes. Remember blue light predominates during the day but as evening approaches, you should avoid blue light and go for the amber, orange part of the spectrum. A good start would be to install the software called F.Flux (free) on your PC. This is configured to remove the PC's blue light as evening approaches and it really help your body prepare for sleep. Here's the link: stereopsis.com...

Good luck!

edit on 9-5-2013 by Rextiberius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The latest sleep deprivation trick developed by the EU MKULTRA neurological manipulation techniques have to do with uncontrolled sudden muscle tension on a muscle. For example at the top of your foot.

To be more accurate, a constant unexplained tension of the Extensor Hallucis Brevis or Extensor Hallucis Longus, will not let you sleep, and might drive you into a psychosis.

Additionally and excessively strong nose blockage, resembling a nose blockage due to a cold, can also be used as a neurological manipulation by the EU secret services to provoke sleep deprivation. That can also be caused through excessive muscle contraption and/or irritation of your nasal passage.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I also used to have sleep problems, but mostly because I was thinking about a ton of stuf that hapened to me during the day or all the things I have to do in the near future. Anyway it was stress for me. Now its gone thankfully

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Exercise before bed. Your body will naturally want to sleep after that.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
One word.. one little pill : remeron

Yeah its an antidepressant but used for HARD CORE insomnia.. as in clinical insomnia. You go to sleep easy and then stay asleep. Its manna to the insomniac. 15 mg is usually enough. They say weight gain is an issue, I havent had any. Im a type A vroom vroom person house, kids, sports, everything rapid breakneck speed and aggressive. Super aggressive and in contact sports to curb it as well. My husband lived one life.. I lived two to his one. I never slept. People I know on here can testify that I didnt sleep.. LOL! Maybe an average of 3 or 4 hours a night.. most times up for a few days.

Then remeron entered my life.

Apparently brain chemistry is definitely to blame for some personality types. LMAO!! They say it causes weight gain.. then dont overeat, dumbass.. practice some self control. I sleep, I do my thing, Im not on the verge of a homicidal ass whoopin session at the drop of a hat. In fact, Im awesome.
**they havent made a pill to tamp down my ego yet though... **

Oh yeah vivid dreams and nightmares are a definite plus. I like horror movies... so the nightmares are just a plus in my book!

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Try Magnesium Glycinate....

Check Reddit for magnesium conversations....

a reply to: SemperParatusRJCC

top topics

<< 1   >>

join