It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Help! With Image Transfer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Ok I know that when I want to transfer an image from the internet I need to right click on the image, then rename it and save it to my documents.

Then if I want to transfer it to ATS I need to go to tools, then ATS upload, then click on select image file; then click on that image to transfer it to a thread.

The problem I am having is when I transfer the image from the internet to my documents on my PC; and then go to ATS uploads. when I click on (select image file) the photo is not there; even though I have downloaded it.

Please help! What am I doing wrong?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
Ok I know that when I want to transfer an image from the internet I need to right click on the image, then rename it and save it to my documents.

Then if I want to transfer it to ATS I need to go to tools, then ATS upload, then click on select image file; then click on that image to transfer it to a thread.

The problem I am having is when I transfer the image from the internet to my documents on my PC; and then go to ATS uploads. when I click on (select image file) the photo is not there; even though I have downloaded it.

Please help! What am I doing wrong?

When you click on select image file,make sure you have saved it in a spot you can easily find it.
Where did you save it to?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
save to... desktop

then pluck it from there

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Make sure that the image is a .jpg or .png file and that it's less than 500 mb

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

When you click on select image file,make sure you have saved it in a spot you can easily find it.
Where did you save it to?

I saved the image to (my documents).

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
save to... desktop

then pluck it from there

If I save the image to desktop...how do I upload it to ATS uploads?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

when you click the select image file on ATS uploads and the window opens up, make sure it is the folder you saved the image to. It says at the top of the window which folder is being shown.

You might have saved something to another folder recently and it's showing the last used folder. There should be a list of commonly used folders at the left side.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

500 megabytes?
You mean kilobytes dont'cha?

500mb is a heck of picture.

edit on 22-3-2013 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Windows has a funny thing where it makes libraries for you thinking it's a groovy way to keep your things in order. Except it's the only one that wants to use them.

Every other dialogue window asking for a file location will rely on it's last location or the default location.

But if you save an image, windows says "Oh an image, I'll bung it in Images." and you think you know where this is, but there could be a number of different locations.

I always make a unique folder, like in c:\images, or d:\images or whichever drive is available, and that way, when I open the other program (firefox, chrome) and go to attach an image, I just navigate to the folder I made and grab the images there.

After all these years of microsoft trying to push things a certain way, now there's no hope of them fixing some things, because they're heading in an entirely different direction now.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

I stand corrected... I am the king of typos though.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Did you get sorted Cal?

Best thing to do is create a new folder on the desktop called Ats (Right click on desktop and click new - folder name it Ats.)

Save all images you want to post in there. (Under 500kb in size)

Go to Ats uploads and click select image file

Navigate to Desktop and click the Ats folder you created and your images should be there.

Next time you click select image file in Ats uploads it should automatically go straight to your new Ats folder.

Hope that helps.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Originally posted by thePharaoh
save to... desktop

then pluck it from there

If I save the image to desktop...how do I upload it to ATS uploads?

on the ATS upload page, click the green box on the left that says "select image file".
then in the pop up box, click desktop

top topics

join