It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden and entourage . . . . one night in Paris . . . $585,000.50

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
OK . . . we're all for the most part biting the bullet and saving where we can. Services and goverenment programs are on the chopping block and federal workers are getting furloughed left and right.

Sequestration is the word of the day because we can't afford it. The country's in a fiscal bind.

We're $16.7 TRILLION in the hole for Christ's sake.

So . . . with all of that . . . how can anyone justify spending one night in Paris (with the usual entourage) and have it come to more than a half-million bucks.

As it turns out, Vice President Joe Biden's London stay in February was not the most expensive part of his trip. A government document released on February 14, 2013 shows that the contract for the Hotel Intercontinental Paris Le Grand came in at $585,000.50

Source

And they're talking 'haircut'

When does it end?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Apparently it didn't end in February . . .

Vice President Biden and his entourage spent a little time in London in early February during his first foreign trip of the second term of the Obama administration. A document released today revealed that the cost of lodging in London alone was close to half a million dollars. The contract was awarded on January 30, 2013 to the Hyatt Regency London for a total of $459,388.65

Source

That's almost a million bucks for two nights. Makes me feel not so bad when I book the Raddison for $109 a night instead of the $79 Motel 6.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
So how many cancelled White House tours would Biden's Paris party time have paid for? Hmmm..... Priorities...

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
136 hotel rooms for 893 room nights. Why does he need so many rooms? There is no need for him to sleep in a hotel when the plane he uses has a bed in it.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
When I hear these idiotic expenditures all I can think of is what I could do with that much money. Not just personally, but locally in my town. Do you have any idea how many REAL lives I could change with that much money? I bet you that much money that he nor this administration ever considered how they could help anyone else and somehow justify this frivolous spending this country in to the poor house. Narcissistic megalomaniacs...

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Are you sure the news reporter made a mistake and it wasn't Bob Menendez who spent a night in Paris?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

$459,388.65

$585,000.50

half a million dollars

did the above amounts include expenditures for
the ritual child sacrifices that were performed? hmm?

lol... i expect this post to get deleted.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

No, but I think the all you can eat buffett was included in the price of the rooms!

For that much money I could retire to a tropical island in style!

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Nice Biden gets to spend a million bucks to sleep for a couple of nights while the IRS hassles me over a 22 year old missed $1,600; that is now $12,000.

Why do we as citizens put up with this? How can the Government spend money like water and then whine they don't have any.

Here is a great way to save some money. PARK AIRFARCE ONE! Learn to teleconference like the rest of us schmucks that can't afford a private jet and a private hotel.

How can anyone pay their taxes when they see how the money is being spent?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Where is anyone in this thread getting a couple of days from this article? It says 136 hotel rooms for 893 room nights. That's six days. 500 bucks a night for a five star hotel in London isn't a bad price.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

That's also probably every single room in the joint. A week to allow SS to sweep the entire place and make sure it is safe.

From that perspective I can understand.
However, it is RIDICULOUS. Just don't stay in a hotel! Or stay at the American Embassy!

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by buster2010

That's also probably every single room in the joint. A week to allow SS to sweep the entire place and make sure it is safe.

From that perspective I can understand.
However, it is RIDICULOUS. Just don't stay in a hotel! Or stay at the American Embassy!

There are over 400 rooms there. Why should the people in the embassy be put out? Let him sleep on the plane.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

Growing up close to our Southern Neighbor,I would read how corrupted Mexico's President & their Politicians. Even when traveling to Mexico,there was no escape from their corruptive behavior. The whole country was as if to act in sync,with the President& their politicians.
But our country has always behave corruptively,I started realizing that from our lower levels of govern't to the
upper levels,no dictinction whatsoever.
Our elected officials in the White House will continue to behave accordingly. Unles,the few honest politicians that are working against the odds,can start making a difference....!

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by GraciaEspn

The really sad thing is this is what most often happens to 'honest' politicians.

You don't play . . . you pay.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoalPoster
Apparently it didn't end in February . . .

Vice President Biden and his entourage spent a little time in London in early February during his first foreign trip of the second term of the Obama administration. A document released today revealed that the cost of lodging in London alone was close to half a million dollars. The contract was awarded on January 30, 2013 to the Hyatt Regency London for a total of $459,388.65

Source

That's almost a million bucks for two nights. Makes me feel not so bad when I book the Raddison for $109 a night instead of the $79 Motel 6.

this was for the the vice-president of the united states...not some common vacationer...what's wrong with you people, are you so clueless, or just stupid

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

If calling into question spending a million bucks on two nights of handshaking and glad handing while the country sets back and waits for the next sequestration load-o-crap is stupid . . . gimme the dunce cap and I'll proudly wear it.

Since when has a vice president done anything useful besides sit around, attempt to look important and wait for his boss to die?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoalPoster
reply to post by jimmyx

If calling into question spending a million bucks on two nights of handshaking and glad handing while the country sets back and waits for the next sequestration load-o-crap is stupid . . . gimme the dunce cap and I'll proudly wear it.

Since when has a vice president done anything useful besides sit around, attempt to look important and wait for his boss to die?

yes i do call it stupid...you need a hotel that has put into place a secure set of rooms, halls, entry ways, garages, that is able to be defended against an attack, you have secret service, state dept liasons, assistants, and various other people that travel with the vice president that need rooms for the night.
and since you already seem to know that the only thing the vice-president was doing was "handshaking and glad-handing"...maybe you can fill the rest of us in on his exact intinerary.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
136 hotel rooms for 893 room nights. Why does he need so many rooms? There is no need for him to sleep in a hotel when the plane he uses has a bed in it.

Excellent point. I bet it would be easier for the secret service to guard as well.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by buster2010

Excellent point. I bet it would be easier for the secret service to guard as well.

if you are the vice president of the united states, you need to have an advance team sent in days in advance to secure the area, also you need rooms that are paid for but, unoccupied, for instance the rooms directly below and above the vice-president, communications room, secret service. they need rooms set up for military communications in case the president is harmed, and the vice-president needs to communicate with the military services around the world. there is alot more to this than biden walking up to the front desk, showing his credit card, and getting a room key.
if he were to use his plane, he would need that airspace shut down and a large perimeter completely covered by military and secret service while he slept on the plane. how much would that cost in normal flight operations out of that airport, including the security ring?
by the way this is SOP with every president, and with Obama having a 400% increase in death threats against him, i'm sure it's more expensive for him, than previous presidents.
edit on 25-3-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-3-2013 by jimmyx because: spell

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

And I contend this is precisely why we have embassies all over the globe. For dignitaries and such to use while overseas.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join