It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breakdown in Law & Order in UK soon.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Most UK members of this site will know about major warnings put out since Tuesday that the UK gas that helps keep businesses going like cafes, Bread Makers, Power Stations is running out, yes true UK gas will fail within 3 more days if warmer weather wont start to happen.
On top of this UK Emectric will fail by mid September 2013 simply because the Cameron government lack skills to keep open the 6 coal power stations they are desperate to turn off by September 2013.
When lights fail and heating fail, baker's cannot cook bread etc then riots start, on top of this Cameron & Osbourn have made rich richer & poor poorer in budget this week, riots cannot be many days off can they? and people have had enough, they are sick of it, they want change, and with luck we will get this UK type governments removed for a peoples government, yes just like Cameron was desperate for in the Middle East, we need it now too, mind you Cameron hates Muslims so they could string him up I would think.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I for one will not be rioting.

Rioting will only make things worse.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

It's time the people of our country stood up and gave this Government of the Elite a message , we won't pay for your mistakes and your greed .....Enough is enough

The peoples of our neighbors in Europe have no problem making their feelings known but our people seem to have lost the will to fight for their rights

Eat the Rich....Viva la Revolution

reply to post by bhaal

Lack of action = Compliance , Civil disobedience is the only way to get heard .

edit on 22-3-2013 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Reply to post by Alternative4u

Cameron & Osbourn have
made rich richer & poor poorer

this, exactly this. everyone can see it except them.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I can't see riots in the streets and a break down of law and order at all happening.
Didn't we run the risk of running out back in 2010 when they shut down some major industrial plants?

riots ... sorta like a big wave in a storm...
sure there dramatic when they crash upon the rock .... but after the storm?
that rock is still standing...

Advice?.... learn how to make ya own fire and let the people with no knowledge crash on the rocks.....

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   

I for one will be rioting, rioting good and proper, like my gravy!.

Regards,

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by The0nlytruth

I for one will be rioting, rioting good and proper, like my gravy!.

Regards,

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
www.cnbc.com...

You'll be too hungry to riot if the power stations go off, as anticipated this year.
Still hoping they'll change their minds about shutting the coal fired power stations, what with a Government's main resonsiblilty being to take care of the people..........well, in theory.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by bhaal
I for one will not be rioting.

The Start Of A British Riot

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I doubt the UK will run out of gas in the near future, we'll just import more from the continent - and of course the power companies will charge more thus increasing the harship many Brits are already facing.

From Thatcher onwards every government has seriously under invested in our internal power supply be it gas or electricity.

Riots?

I doubt it - that's a strictly summer pastime.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I don't know why we don't reopen all the coal seams. There's billions of tons of coal under our feet. Mine it, plenty of jobs for the people, export it to help the economy and burn it to be energy self sufficient. Or turn it to gas then burn it! Or burn it where it lies for syngas. Too simple for this lot though.

Syngas: www.channel4.com...
edit on 22/3/2013 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
No worries about rioting over this apparently we only have 65 years of oil left in the ground . Then the world will be thrust back into the dark stone age .

And who's fault is it really that we cannot conserve and live in a world of excess. Supply in demand , supplies will always run out eventually .

if you want to see riots wait till the oil runs out . wait until people realize they spent 30 thousand on a 2 ton paper weight .

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I assume the cold weather is also being felt across the channel? So no way of buying it from there.

A British riot, I keep getting the scene of Colin Firth and Hugh Grant having it out in Bridget Jones' Diary lol, if only it were that silly.

Oh, and make your own fire? Do you realize how many Brits live in apartments?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter81
I don't know why we don't reopen all the coal seams. There's billions of tons of coal under our feet. Mine it, plenty of jobs for the people, export it to help the economy and burn it to be energy self sufficient. Or turn it to gas then burn it! Or burn it where it lies for syngas. Too simple for this lot though.

Syngas: www.channel4.com...

The OP is talking about a shortage in a few days, it would take months to start mining the coal again and then you would have to convert the power stations over to burning coal again, that would take years.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

We won't run out of power or gas. Gas will be piped in from abroad and there's still active coal mines here to fire the power stations. I can't see the power going out unless the weather causes problems. I can't see riots coming either tbh? Its too cold

I realise my above post is a long term plan but it seems to me it would solve a few problems, then people wouldn't be spouting about riots and such.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

You do realise that if law and order breaks down, the transportation of food stops happening?
Rioting cities = Starving cities

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
The wholesale gas price has just gone up by 50% (to roughly what it was in 2006) so there's plenty of incentive to get the stuff into the country. Much of it is transported in solid form anyway.

If I had to bet on the power running out I'd want pretty good odds.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Well, if you are right, I shall be busy doing some of your receptions form the court into my prison. Dont do it on a Friday evening, its a busy enough time for me as it is?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Maybe I'm not understanding this right, but what purpose would a riot/protest serve if the UK is running out of natural gas ?

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Slight over reaction from the OP here...

Yes, gas prices have jumped but that doesn't mean we're about to run out, what it does mean however is some smarmy git in a suit is making a tidy profit selling us this gas. Anyway, the cold weather will be over in a week then Spring should kick in. We're not about to run out of Gas though.... In a few years, we'll have the shale fields up and running, so hopefully gas prices should fall and we'd end up being a net exporter again.

As for Electric, I was slightly miffed at the closure of Didcot Coal Power Station the other day. Why was it closed? Was it too old? Nope, it just didn't meet new EU environmental laws.Not only that, but SSE are cutting generating capacity because of Government dithering over how much they'll get paid.

All this on the back of warnings from the National Grid that we could be facing blackouts within 2 years if new generating capacity is not brought online in time to replace that which we are turning off.

Now, I know if it ever came to that, the Government can just order Didcot fired up again and sod the law, but this surely smacks of piss poor planning?

new topics

top topics

join