It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

female circumcision is “an aesthetic surgery”.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by feelingconnected

I don't disagree. Female circumcision is an abomination. As is male circumcision. Period. Any cutting on the genitals, of any child, anywhere - that is directly required for true medical purposes - is an abomination. Aesthetic's be damned, the clitoris is beautiful, as is the foreskin.

The world will be a better place when people of both sexes rise up against fundamentalism and reject superstitious baggage altogether.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

Agreed. I think circumcision should be made completely illegal for anybody that isn't an adult, unless it's absolutely necessary (medical). If a child is circumcised as a baby, he might grow up and wish that he hadn't been. Let them decide when they are adults.

Unfortunately, it probably won't be made illegal. The religious fanatics will shout and stamp their feet until they are red in the face and demand that they be allowed to practice their outdated superstitious voodoo.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

From your post:

The secretions of the labia minora accumulate in uncircumcised women and turn rancid, so they develop an unpleasant odour which may lead to infections of the vagina or urethra. I have seen many cases of sickness caused by the lack of circumcision.

But, wouldn't proper hygiene accomplish the same thing? I think washing it would be a more rational way to deal with those things.

Circumcision reduces excessive sensitivity of the clitoris which may cause it to increase in size to 3 centimeters when aroused, which is very annoying to the husband, especially at the time of intercourse.

So. Its okay for the man to be aroused but, not the the woman? I had no idea that would be 'annoying' to a man. It was my understanding that that was a good thing.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

I should have noted that those were the "supposed" benefits. I in no way agree with them. I actually found them laughable. It seems like they are trying to get rid of all the good stuff that happens.

Believe me, my husband doesn't seem the least bit annoyed when I "become inflamed", in fact he seems to enjoy it.

And yes, proper hygiene certainly comes into play here.

I want to say so much more here, but TandC's ya know........

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

I wasn't taking a stab at you; that was directed at the logic behind female circumcision. Just for the record.

The logic is so completely flawed that I have a hard time wrapping my brain around the reasons that people are subjecting their daughters to this practice.

It seems to me that they (the men and women) are missing out on some very good things.
edit on 22-3-2013 by daryllyn because: Apparently I cannot type today..

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

The clitoris is mostly removed because they don't want their women to enjoy sex because they are so insecure with their manhood that they are afraid their women with give the puddy to someone else.

These are not men these are animals and all of them should not only be casterated but also have their junk removed then stuffed back in their own mouths.

edit on 22-3-2013 by knowledgedesired because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

I recommend you not touch that with a thirty foot pole.......

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ParovStelar

As a female, I really dislike the whole female circumcision thing.. Mostly because they do it to young children of not just the female species but males too.. They could at least leave it up to the individual..

Especially females..! Do people even realise what a clitoris is..? And cutting away at both the inner and outer labia is just sickening. What right do they think they have mutilating an individuals body.

And as for usually being done with no anaesthesia. Well I would imagine the poor girls would be in a lot of pain.

s/f

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by knowledgedesired

I know there are also tribes in Africa which do it to stop the woman enjoying sex and they also think it will stop them from straying.. Whilst the men are allowed like 10 wives...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join