It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Bush do better if given a second term?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Would Bush do a better job if given a second term? Look a Ronald Regan he wasn't to popular during his first term. During his second term however he became quite popular. Of course Bush may just do better during a second tem. I'm not suggesting you vote for him or Kerry, but I just wonder would he do better.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Anything is possible, however I truly doubt it. Bush's agenda is that of his father and their Halliburton etc buddies. If Dubya gets back in, you can look forward to at least one more country invaded and more crap from bin Laden (who has miraculously reappeared just in time to give Bush a boost in ratings)

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Well, I believe he would do better. He couldn't possibly do any worse. We'll see, i'm sure he'll win. The majority of voters in our country are completely ignorant, they do not pay near enough attention to politics as they should. I couldn't convince my parents not to vote for Bush (I mean 2 huge intelligence failures, how can you vote for crap like that - and a conservative that is fiscally the most liberal president ever), my Democrat mom even voted for Bush (I think it's because she bought Barbara Bush's book). Everytime I come home from college I try to persuade them not to vote for Bush, but I failed. I'm not saying they had to vote for Kerry, in fact I think Kerry is almost as bad as Bush, that is why I voted Libertarian for president/senate/house.

- Attero

[edit on 1-11-2004 by Attero Auctorita]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
bin Laden has not given any candidate a boost in ratings, he's had no effect. But I think bin Laden might do better in a second Bush term.

Bush can do no worse, so people showing good judgment would not invite him back to desecrate the office of President again.

BTW are the Bushes still as buddy-buddy with the bin Ladens as always? Can they organize flights to get them out of the US at the drop of a hat, when all other fliights are grounded because a Bush fell asleep at the wheel?

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
bin Laden has not given any candidate a boost in ratings, he's had no effect. But I think bin Laden might do better in a second Bush term.

Bush can do no worse, so people showing good judgment would not invite him back to desecrate the office of President again.

BTW are the Bushes still as buddy-buddy with the bin Ladens as always? Can they organize flights to get them out of the US at the drop of a hat, when all other fliights are grounded because a Bush fell asleep at the wheel?

Exactly - it's not possible for a president to do worse than Bush. As I said, the majority of eligible voters in America do not pay enough attention to politics, thus they are easily persuaded by the media and peers. I doubt the majority of voters actually investigate the candidates and their fallacies. Let's face it, most Americans don't wan't to waste their free-time researching politics, they are ignorant and not worthy of a democratic-republic. I say, let's go full speed ahead to revolution. Another crappy presidency will bring it - we've seen how split our country is. Well nevermind, we're too busy enjoying our wealth to care much about revolution, let's just enjoy our luxury (after all pleasure is more important than anything else). ::SARCASM::

- Attero

P.S. I doubt many Americans even notice there are other candidates for the presidency than Bush and Kerry until they see the Ballot. We have the biased media to blame for this! They are in total control of our government with their damned propaghanda! All media outlets have an agenda, and they have destroyed our democratic-republic!

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I absolutely think he will, the economy will take off, Iraq will become free, Iran will give it up, and we will be at peace and history will look at him as it does Ronald Reagan, a man with vision.

[edit on 1-11-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
I absolutely think he will, the economy will take off, Iraq will become free, Iran will give it up, and we will be at peace and history will look at him as it does Ronald Reagan, a man with vision.

[edit on 1-11-2004 by edsinger]
ED, i admire your optimism in this day and age and given the current situation. Here's how i see it- black

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   

You've got some high hopes buddy, but you see no problems in this analysis of the future?

Iraq will continue to be a problem as long as we have our fingers in it.

Iran will probably not work out, especially not after some of the things we have done to them.

Peace is something that is unobtainable with our current global investment.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Bush is on a mission from his god, now if he gets another 4 years he is going to fulfill that mission that he thinks god has given him and regardless of how our nation will be able to handle it or not he will finish what he started, and we are going to pay the price just like we are paying now.

Bush mission is to control the middle east and he is not finish yet, right now what he has done has ended in fiasco, and not matter what, he is not going to stop he has to finish with Iran.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Bush is on a mission from his god, now if he gets another 4 years he is going to fulfill that mission that he thinks god has given him and regardless of how our nation will be able to handle it or not he will finish what he started, and we are going to pay the price just like we are paying now.

Bush mission is to control the middle east and he is not finish yet, right now what he has done has ended in fiasco, and not matter what, he is not going to stop he has to finish with Iran.

Control the Middle East? We already did militarily BEFORE Iraq...

Try again..

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I thionk giving Bush a second term will be a huge mistake he's already screwed up the world for every1.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
I thionk giving Bush a second term will be a huge mistake he's already screwed up the world for every1.

No crap, you can see how radical Bush's true believers are, they are irrational and thus can only observe their own point of view. ::COUGH EDSINGER:: How can you vote for somebody that allowed 9/11 to occur and also was the aggressor of a false war that cost the American people a ton of money?! Go ahead and vote for your conservative leader that isn't really a conservative (and has spent more than any other president!)..

- Attero
Libertarian

[edit on 2-11-2004 by Attero Auctorita]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Try again..

Really? Don't you think that might have pissed them off just a tad? Or all they just lunatics and psycos?

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Try again..

Really? funny controll with lots of innocent people dying and your soldiers have the highest death toll in this war.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Attero Auctorita

Originally posted by drunk

No crap, you can see how radical Bush's true believers are, they are irrational and thus can only observe their own point of view. ::COUGH EDSINGER:: You are one ignorant fool. No offense.. HAHAHA, how the hell can you vote for somebody that allowed 9/11 to occur and also was the aggressor of a false war that cost the American people a ton of money?! Go ahead and vote for your conservative leader that isn't really a conservative (and has spent more than any other president!)..

- Attero
Libertarian

Is this directed at me?

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
And why would it be directed at you drunk? I am against Bush and I am against the war in Iraq.

- Attero

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Hey everybody, just a reminder from your neighborhood Mod, please refrain from personal attacks on the thread. While the U.S. election is a heated issue no doubt, we will all still have to live with each other come November 3rd

Thanks
FredT

Edit: fixed my poor spelling

[edit on 11/1/04 by FredT]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Look at least I am consistant, I do not think the war had to be about WMD alone.

Bush let 911 happen huh? Any you call me the fool? It was planned in the Clinton years, and executed under Bush. He did not really give a rats ass about the world politics until 911. They misguessed the mans resolve. believe what you wish, but in 10 years you will be glad he did it in 03-05 instead of the US having to do it in 2010-2015. Even Gore would have had to do this...

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Attero Auctorita
And why would it be directed at you drunk? I am against Bush and I am against the war in Iraq.

- Attero

Aiit thats cool just thought it was directed at me cos you said "ignorant fool" i wasnt clear whether that was to me or someone else.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I apologize for the personal attack.

- Attero

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join