It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Buoys in event mode

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
There are 2 Buoys in event mode right now and going by previous patterns with these Buoys, usually a couple of days after they go into event mode there is an Earthquake. If you click the link below the buoys in event mode are flashing. Usually the buoys in event mode are down the left side of the map (near Japan, Indonesia) and the Earthquake hits on the opposing side (America, Brazil). I just hope it's not a bad one

It could all even lead to nothing, I'm just going by previous behaviour with them this year.

NOAA Website

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sarahlm

I appreciate your posting. I watch this stuff on ATS - it's quicker than anywhere else. I'll continue watching. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by sarahlm
There are 2 Buoys in event mode right now and going by previous patterns with these Buoys, usually a couple of days after they go into event mode there is an Earthquake. If you click the link below the buoys in event mode are flashing. Usually the buoys in event mode are down the left side of the map (near Japan, Indonesia) and the Earthquake hits on the opposing side (America, Brazil). I just hope it's not a bad one

It could all even lead to nothing, I'm just going by previous behaviour with them this year.

NOAA Website

Possible Rogue wave in action or its a sudden uplift from below.

One way or the other this is not good

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamfox1

If it was just one buoy, I'd like to think it is a broken one or something, but two at the same time

Let's hope it doesn't amount to anything.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
The southern one near Indonesia, according to the graph has only risen and dropped 1m.

The other one in the north near Russia seems to have flown 20m high in a second then dropped immediately (looks like a fault)
?
edit on 20-3-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Maybe one is broken or faulty. But the other one with the 1m change, might not be? I'm not really sure, I hope they are just so nobody gets hit with an earthquake.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sarahlm

A passing ship could do that quite easily. A 1 meter wave is not something to get upset about.

P

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sarahlm

Yeah 1m isnt much, but this is a great site to watch, i remember seeing youtube videos months ago about certain bouys showing massive (15-20m) rises in the seafloor for days on end.

I'm going to rig up another monitor in my office and have this site on all day.. just for a bit of fun!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Sounds like a plan! I wish I could do exactly that, but at work they aren't so happy about me leaving it running in the background, so I can only check now and then

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Latest Earthquakes:

USGS Website

One happened in the past hour.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Am I reading this correctly? A 30 meter wave? 60 feet? I know nothing about oceanography but that sounds like an amazingly large wave. That's like a 2 or 3 story building.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Celestica

That is more like 8 or 9 stories high.

Not very likely with only a single buoy giving this wave, unless it was a water spout!

P

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Wow, now thats interesting....
Just to be clear, do they measure changes in the actual sea floor level, or the water between the sea floor and the water surface, or the distance with which the buoys move up and down on the surface of the water? I alwasy though it was the last one.

Because if it is the first, and those buoys measured the changes in the sea floor the whole day, which would be weird because see floors dont usually move much appart from near the plates, then I can only come to one conclusion. A number of very large bodies were passing through the water underneath the buoys.

Which brings me to my last question, and OP please dont think I'm derailing your thread, would a large USO passing through water cause the buoy to register that the seafloor suddenly rises and falls or would it register a change in the water surface level? Or both, for that matter?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
The above is in relation to Agriv8dChop's post. Damn ATS mobile...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

I remember watching a doco about rogue waves, and how some can get up to 100ft high and more :/ pretty sure that's what it was, wouldn't want to see that coming in any sort of boat!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Just watched this, the rogue 60ft wave is a faulty buoy, the other one seems legit.

3 Min News Link

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Tomorrow is the day to watch. Major Earth quake drill in LA.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sarahlm
Latest Earthquakes:

USGS Website

One happened in the past hour.

Do you realize how many earthquakes there are in a day?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by KawRider9

Oh wow, I missed that thread. Yeah, it will be really interesting to see what happens tomorrow. 7.8 is a really random number though

top topics

join