It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Breaking out of low bandwidth

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I believe I accidentally bought low bandwidth mode, and now I can't see half the avatars (including my own). Is there some way I can get rid of it? I don't care about the points, I just want high bandwidth mode again.




posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate100
I believe I accidentally bought low bandwidth mode, and now I can't see half the avatars (including my own). Is there some way I can get rid of it? I don't care about the points, I just want high bandwidth mode again.


SkepticOverlord has being putting the low bandwidth mode (to help the servers) on the entire site because of massive site usable

hopefully this explains your question



posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Are you able to see avatars now?

If you purchased low bandwidth mode in the store you will need to purchase it again (i believe) to switch back. I think it's only 50 points.



posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Damit! I can't read any of the forum without the pictures!


But seriously, is this going to be an ongoing problem? Does ATS need larger bandwidth? Abnormally high amount of visitors? What is it?



posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Damit! I can't read any of the forum without the pictures!


But seriously, is this going to be an ongoing problem? Does ATS need larger bandwidth? Abnormally high amount of visitors? What is it?


my guess is that there's just an unusually high number of members on due to election day being tommorow and stuff



posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
HELP! HELP! I'M BLIND! I CANT SEE ANYTHING!!!

Don't take my avatars away, i cant remember who anyone is!



posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
In fact today, Nov 1 has just set the record for the most ATS members on in one day. This would explain the low-bandwith.



posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I was going to moan, but i would rather see ATS with no Avatars than see no ATS at all or even worse wait 30 mins for another page to load up with wierd trippy colours and everything out of place.

Hopefully should calm down in a week or so


...Hopefully!


Odd

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
my God... i've gone color-blind...


I knew I was spending too much time in front of this damned monitor



posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
IT MAY NOT BE LOW BANDWIDTH

You may be suffering from pixel leak....

www.stuffucanuse.com...



posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
ATS without the pixy baby avatar - what is the world coming to ?



posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
OMG!!! I've gone blind again!!!! D@mn election slowing down ATS
D@mn this color-blindness!!!



posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
We learned nothing from Y2K.



I've got three bag's of this stuff in the bunker, and I see all the color's just fine.






posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
You've all been forced into cyber nudism.. Deal with it



posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
On the internet no one knows that you are a dog....

However a hound might not notice that everything has gone gray as they are color blind.

So we have a dog detecting tool in posts by members who do not realise that the pages are different.

I havn't seen any questioning posts from WOS yet....



posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Seriously though, there's a message below the titles that says Due to high traffic, ATS is functioning in low-bandwidth/low-impact mode.
Still, I'd rather have no avatars than no ATS. (Didn't someone already say that ?)



posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Sounds like ATS needs to upgrade the server. Since it's a MAC I can't help you though.

But yeah, the lack of avatars makes identifying peopl emuch harder.



posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Are you able to see avatars now?

If you purchased low bandwidth mode in the store you will need to purchase it again (i believe) to switch back. I think it's only 50 points.


Ok. I know ATS is running on low-bandwidth mode at the moment, but this problem started about a month ago. I left my keyboard unattended while I was in the ATS store, and the kids are known to mouse-click madly until I come back.


So I'll try buying low-bandwidth again once the board is back to normal. Thanks for the advice!



posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate100

So I'll try buying low-bandwidth again once the board is back to normal. Thanks for the advice!


board's back to normal.....for now


Hope you can get it off low bandwidth mode



posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NothingMakesSense
Sounds like ATS needs to upgrade the server. Since it's a MAC I can't help you though.

But yeah, the lack of avatars makes identifying peopl emuch harder.


It sounds like your saying the server runs on a Mac? If so...not true. Runs on a Dual Xeon system.


Hmmm...wonder if SO has upgraded it to the DualServer system yet?



new topics




 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join