It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massacre at Florida College Thwarted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Massacre at Florida College Thwarted

abcnews.go.com

A planned massacre was thwarted today at the University of Central Florida where a student who had assembled an arsenal, including a high capacity drum magazine and home made bombs, took his own life as cops closed in on him.

James Oliver Seevakumaran, who was in the process of being kicked out of his dorm on the UCF campus, had written out a timeline and elaborate plan for how to harm the greatest number of individuals during the planned attack, university Police Chief Richard Beary said today.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.salon.com
mobile.reuters.com
www.itv.com

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I found this story yesterday interesting, I didn't find a thread on it. Not sure if there's a conspiracy involved, certainly not at face value and no evidence of such a thing, but I thought it worthy of discussion nonetheless.

It's my personal belief that our ruling class is certainly intent on cracking down on the population as far as our access to weaponry go, and that there is a campaign of fear being played out to keep each and every one of us on our toes every second of every day and suspicious of our neighbors. I believe creating events such as the public shootings and massacres we've seen are an integral part of this plan, though not every one of them can be explained as such.

I've always found it interesting how these seemingly "normal" young adults (such as James Holmes or the Newtown killer, for example) amass such impressive arsenals and display a knowledge of military tactics and strategery. This young man (he was 30 years old actually) apparently had quite a few guns, such as a .22 caliber assault rifle and a High Point .45 caliber handgun as well as many rounds and magazines ("including a drum magazine similar to the type used in the movie theater shooting in Aurora, Colo."), and even improvised explosives that had been lined with shrapnel, as well as a very detailed plan to pile up as many casualties as possible.

Don't get me wrong, I'm keenly aware of us humans profound ability to commit evil and I do not put it past any of these people to simply be deranged individuals intent on inflicting mass amounts of damage. But there is a conspiracy theorist inside me who is always questioning and looking out for the details that may arouse suspicion.

It was reported that the would-be killer pulled a gun on a roommate and that roommate called the cops. Thanks to the quick response of policemen and their correct decision making, tragedy was averted as the suspect shot himself as law enforcement closed in.

James Oliver Seevakumaran was his name.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 19-3-2013 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Thwarted by rapid responce by police to a 911 call - well done all involved!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Just be careful, this are some more reasons to justify why they need your guns...

Peace

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotGames2

I've always found it interesting how these seemingly "normal" young adults (such as James Holmes or the Newtown killer, for example) amass such impressive arsenals and display a knowledge of military tactics and strategery.

Some people in the military defecate themselves the first time they ever see action. Some completely lose their training and just panic. There are videos on youtube of firefights and trained soldiers break down and scream as soon as they are hit. They are trained not to, to follow certain guidelines without even thinking about it, but not everyone is cut out for it.

As far as a civilian using "military tactics or strategy"... Anyone can pick up a copy of "The Art of War", however, only a few can apply it to real life.

How many people can pick up enough from open, public material to effectively use it in actions like this? Probably lots when you add it all up. How many people really want to carry out something like this? Very, very few. This is little dick syndrome at its best.

You can't communicate with someone so you pull this _____.

Good riddance. They should just off themselves at the beginning of these episodes and save us the trouble of forgetting them in a few months.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Gasp! Is that an evil assault rifle?

There were a number of signs typical of the covert op:

--The Feds were there, represented by the FBI and BATF

--Like Adam Lanza, he barely left a footprint that could be followed:

www.baynews9.com...
Seevakumaran's family used to live in Seminole. When asked about the family Tuesday, a neighbor said he remembers the(sic), living there about 15 years ago, but does not remember seeing a boy.
Seevakumaran was not located in a Seminole High School yearbook, but his sister Natasha was. When asked about this, the school district said they could not find him in any of the yearbooks from his time there.
A search through Bay area court records turned up a slew of traffic violations for Natasha but there are no records for James.

--He had an excessive quantity of ammo plus the dreaded high capacity mags:

usnews.nbcnews.com...
Two 110-round (drum) magazines were also found as well as more than a thousand rounds of ammunition.

--Lack of any motive:

usnews.nbcnews.com...
"There is no motive," (Police Chief)Beary said.

edit on 19-3-2013 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012
Just be careful, this are some more reasons to justify why they need your guns...

Oh FFS GET OVER IT!!

this was just a good police reaction to a threat!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012

Oh FFS GET OVER IT!!

this was just a good police reaction to a threat!

yeah sure, why not..
Let's focus on the police efforts and ignore the general view...

Peace

top topics

join