It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Declares War on the Easter Bunny in Latest Sequester Stunt

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Obama sequester March Madness continues: 'Suffer the little children'...and remember to blame the Republicans.

Earlier this month, the White House announced that it would end public tours as a cost-saving measure due to the sequester, automatic cuts to the rate of spending increases that took effect at the beginning of the month. The move, which was clearly political in nature, was met with resentment and it has ultimately hurt Obama’s messaging on the sequester.The White House apparently hasn’t learned anything as it appears that the annual Easter egg roll is now in jeopardy,

Read More:
www.unitedliberty.org...

The next casualty of sequestration could be the Easter Bunny – at least according to a White House e-mail that recently landed in Capitol Hill inboxes.

The White House warned Congress that budget uncertainties could nix the annual Easter Egg Roll for kids, which is planned for April 1.

“[B]y using these tickets, guests are acknowledging that this event is subject to cancellation due to funding uncertainty surrounding the Executive Office of the President and other federal agencies,” the White House cautioned, according to two Capitol Hill sources who provided the language.

“If cancelled, the event will not be rescheduled.” White House press secretary Jay Carney said last week that the egg roll would go forward, although he left open the possibility that that could change.

www.politico.com...

So, here we go again; First White House tours...and now the Easter Bunny!
Obama just can't help himself. He over-reached with the WH tour closings...and now he's doubling down on the Easter bunny... putting all his political sequester game-playing strategy eggs...in one flimsy Easter basket.

Source:
www.unitedliberty.org...
edit on 19-3-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
A war against the Easter Bunny? That is a war I can get behind.
edit on 19-3-2013 by Res Ipsa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Why does he keep hurting the kids? He can blame this on the Republicans but it just makes him look bad.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

Kids are high-profile.
He truly WANTS to cause pain...in order to forward his own agenda.It's all a big PR show in order to cause outrage against House republicans.

edit on 19-3-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
no Ishtar bunnie?
thats just sad

Say, did I not see a leaked memo recently where so and so was instructed to make the cuts as painful as possible?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
1)What a junk title. Not having an easter egg hunt now equals war on the easter bunny? Geez, this sensationalistic crap is getting bad.

2)There are other easter egg hunts. I, for one, am ok with the president focusing on REAL issues, and not finding eggs full of candy to celebrate a sham of a holiday.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Sorry you're so offended. You're right...Obama can now spend LESS time looking for his eggs (Easter)...and MORE time looking for his balls (golf).

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Thats funny, since most of the dumb thing is funded by DONATION....

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

2)There are other easter egg hunts. I, for one, am ok with the president focusing on REAL issues, and not finding eggs full of candy to celebrate a sham of a holiday.

sure you go ahead and just make a list of the issues hes focusing on ..........

besides blowing smoke, making brash decisions then trying to make the public think it wasnt his idea.......

Go ahead......i dare ya.......

The only thing Obama in the last 5 years has ever focused on was his own public image....the guy is a megalomaniac .......
edit on 19-3-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Great point. So why threaten to cut it at all?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Shouldn't the term be: Doh! nation...
I guess donations will be collected like they are in Cyprus, but they don't want to waste any of that money on Kids...It's for bankers only

edit on 19-3-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Thats funny, since most of the dumb thing is funded by DONATION....

And many of the workers are volunteers. I know 2 people that volunteer every year and according to them, it's still a go.

And I just saw this:

The White House plans to hold the annual Easter Egg Roll on April 1 because it does not expect a government shutdown before then, a spokesman said Tuesday.

"We have every expectation that the Easter Egg Roll will proceed as planned," said White House press secretary Jay Carney.
www.usatoday.com

I think this is just more posturing from the WH.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

Great point. So why threaten to cut it at all?

Its called fake sequestration doom... run fer da hills!! Idiots.. all political theatre. Theyre trying to make us all live in a culture of fear and gloom and anxiety. Too bad they underestimated our ability to read and research. Its funded by outside donation and commemorative easter egg sales.

Im tired of the media and BS lies.. grumble, grumble..

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Email tells feds to make sequester as painful as promised
....The White House announced Tuesday that it is canceling tours of the president’s home for the foreseeable future as the sequester spending cuts begin to bite and the administration makes good on its warnings of painful decisions.

Announcement of the decision — made in an email from the White House Visitors Office — came hours after The Washington Times reported on another administration email that seemed to show at least one agency has been instructed to make sure the cuts are as painful as President Obama promised they would be.

p.washingtontimes.com...

ah, finding Memo

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Sorry you're so offended. You're right...Obama can now spend LESS time looking for his eggs (Easter)...and MORE time looking for his balls (golf).

Offended? Hardly. Just reminded, once again, how big a part of the problem the people are.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

sure you go ahead and just make a list of the issues hes focusing on ..........

besides blowing smoke, making brash decisions then trying to make the public think it wasnt his idea.......

Go ahead......i dare ya.......

The only thing Obama in the last 5 years has ever focused on was his own public image....the guy is a megalomaniac .......
edit on 19-3-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

Ive stated many times that obama is a national embarrassment. Thats hardly the point. PEOPLE ARE WHINING ABOUT AN EASTER EGG HUNT. Have we really sunken to the point that THIS is what we focus on?

I love ATS, but it really has become a great snapshot of how snowed the majority of people out there are.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Ah yes, those pesky people. If only government could rid itself of them.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Ah yes, those pesky people. If only government could rid itself of them.

I see my point has gone right over your head. YOU ALL ARE PLAYING INTO EXACTLY WHAT THOSE WHO YOU LAMENT WANT. Are you truly that gullible? Do you not see you are being played with distractions and irrelevant news?

The answer is obvious yes, and no, in that order.

But carry on. Its obviously a topic that needs our undivided attention

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

well, this should get the xians all riled up....no EAster...( why is it named after a summerian sky god?)
oh noe
its the tribulation!

well at least that makes the bible true

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

They arent WHINING about an easter egg hunt........its the principle of the thing......and the ludicrousness of not having an easter egg hunt because of cut backs...........but still allowing the damn DHS employees 1000 dollars for their damn uniforms.......

Or not cutting the paychecks of the people in washington........or NUMEROUS other issues........

If you cant see that then youre more snowed in then the people you accuse..........

<<   2  3  4 >>

join