It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Declares War on the Easter Bunny in Latest Sequester Stunt

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
1)What a junk title. Not having an easter egg hunt now equals war on the easter bunny? Geez, this sensationalistic crap is getting bad.

2)There are other easter egg hunts. I, for one, am ok with the president focusing on REAL issues, and not finding eggs full of candy to celebrate a sham of a holiday.

Real Issues? Like Michelle Obama's star studded birthday party. They are already planning for her 50th next January 2014. Talk about wishful thinking... I fully expect them to pull out all of the stops.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Maybe Obama should just open his check book to foot the bill for this Egg Roll. Its been a WH tradition since about 1814. I believe that the only time the egg roll was suspended was under FDR. Many compare Obama to FDR. Go figure...

Easter is a "sham of a holiday"? Are you just referring to the "bunny" factor or Easter as a religious holiday?
edit on 19-3-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

By real issues I mean the fact that the posturing is happening for this president to enter us into yet ANOTHER war. I mean the fact that even though it gets brought up for a week at a time and people talk about how bad it is, the NDAA is still there. The fact that these silly little budget moves are IRRELEVANT. Take your pick. There are plenty to choose from.

But we're talking about AN EASTER EGG HUNT.

By sham of a holiday, I mean the fact that it is a stolen holiday. A money making holiday. And a holiday that means nothing.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Love all the emoticons. I find they add so much substance

Thanks again for trying so hard to make your point.

Ill bite no more. If you wish to discuss YOUR topic, by all means. This troll baiting is over, though. You were wrong. Deal with it and move on.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Fair enough, my friend...move on, we shall.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

They are ABSOLUTELY whining about not having an easter egg hunt at the white house. If you truly think any of these things have an effect on the overall budget of the nation, well, you know that old saying about beach front property in arizona....

Did you actually read anything i said ?

If you believe none of that stuff has anything to do with the budget then i venture to say that you know absolutely NOTHING about the subject......

because every one of those "little" details is factored into the budget, and are just one of hundreds of THOUSANDS of ridiculous and needless things that need to be taken care of........

You are so short sighted in whatever crusade that youve abandoned logic.......

So yes.......my small examples of some of the things that he needs to be doing instead of cutting a holiday tradition.....that is DONATION BASED ANYWAY...has complete relevance...........

But ......I guess I cannot argue or debate a subject with someone who clearly has no idea what they are talking about...........so ill digress
edit on 19-3-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

A lot of ad hom and mudslinging in that post. well done

Crusade? What on earth makes you think I am on some kind of crusade? Makes me think you dont know what a crusade is.

So you think, at this point, small economic cuts are going to solve the problems of this country? Not even sure what to say to that...

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Maybe it isn't about the budget at all, I think finances are an excuse.

They're cutting out ALL White House tours... what are they afraid of?

It's clear they don't want the public traipsing about their home these days, and conveniently they can excuse it without raising eyebrows.

I get the feeling that perhaps they are not feeling all that secure with their security...

~IMHO~

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I think this is a step in the right direction, saying no to pagan gods like Ishtar. This is unfortunate because the egg hunt is a big tradition of the White House.

If they really wanted to sequester the deities they'd tell Columbia to take a hike. Let's hope Liberty still has a job.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

A lot of ad hom and mudslinging in that post. well done

Crusade? What on earth makes you think I am on some kind of crusade? Makes me think you dont know what a crusade is.

So you think, at this point, small economic cuts are going to solve the problems of this country? Not even sure what to say to that...

for 1 you have to stop somewhere......and two........the DHS employs over 200,000 people......if you think reducing their 1,000 dollar budget for their uniforms alone (200 MILLION DOLLARS) is small potatoes, (and thats just a start, lets not talk about all the other areas where the DC minions got rainses), compared to cutting a EASTER celebration because they "cant afford it"

Then Yes i would venture to say you are extremely either misinformed or short sighted......and id say that their claim for this is ridiculous at best......

But go ahead and tell me how Obama is focusing on those "real" issues.......and how un informed i am for even suggesting that cutting this celebration is laughable considering the crap he ISNT doing to make REAL cuts....
edit on 20-3-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Excuse me? Where did I say that Obama is focussing on the real issues? Why is it that people feel the need to make up false accusations?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

By sham of a holiday, I mean the fact that it is a stolen holiday. A money making holiday. And a holiday that means nothing.

Means nothing? If you are an atheist or non -Christian. The resurrection of Jesus is a pretty big deal to most Christians.I agree the holiday was stolen to market all that candy garbage.

I hope they cancel it, another stupid political stunt to showcase the other waste still being spent by this current regime while they cancel the egg hunt.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Ive stated many times that obama is a national embarrassment. Thats hardly the point. PEOPLE ARE WHINING ABOUT AN EASTER EGG HUNT. Have we really sunken to the point that THIS is what we focus on? I love ATS, but it really has become a great snapshot of how snowed the majority of people out there are.

people are pissed that obama is using the sequester for his own gain.

obama spends millions on trips, golfing, and generally loafing around then when it comes time to curtail spending he instructs those making the cuts to target high profile things valued by the people so he can say "this is what happens when we spend less".

its sugary extortion. "give us money, or we'll hurt you"

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Another thread of faux outrage from the right...yawn.

These idiots just look for anything to write bad about Obama...take some little story and then blow it completely out of proportion...typical Obama hater MO.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Another thread of faux outrage from the right...yawn.

These idiots just look for anything to write bad about Obama...take some little story and then blow it completely out of proportion...typical Obama hater MO.

Of course the story is also just a lie....

www.whitehouse.gov...

135 Years of Fun On Monday April 1, 2013, the First Family will host the 135th annual White House Easter Egg Roll. This year, more than 35,000 people will be joining us on the South Lawn for games, stories, and, of course, the traditional egg roll.

But Obama haters just have to hate!
edit on 20-3-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
You mean to tell me that Michelle Antoinette can't hike her butt to the nearest store, pick up a few dozen eggs, food coloring and a few bags of candy and have a little party on the lawn for a group of kids?

Will this also mean a crack down on their vacations, WH parties, and Michelle's shopping trips?
edit on 20-3-2013 by Taissa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
People seem to be missing something with this story. As usual.

From the White House directly

“Finally, by using these tickets, guests are acknowledging that this event is subject to cancellation due to funding uncertainty surrounding the Executive Office of the President and other federal agencies,” it reads. “If cancelled, the event will not be re-scheduled. We will notify you if there are any modifications to this event.”

The threat is an open threat and certain members of Congress responded accordingly. Mission accomplished! The WH generated yet another unnecessary news story to put focus on sequester cuts by intentionally politicizing this event.

The memo — which doesn’t actually say the White House is nixing the bunny fest, but just that it might do so at some point during the next couple of weeks — warns ticket-holders that the nation’s financial woes may affect the 135th Easter Egg role slated for April 1. (Note: this is not an April’s Fools Day joke.)

House and Senate members received the memo last week, along with the notice that each congressional family would receive a total of five tickets; Politico first reported news of it Monday.

A White House official, who was not authorized to discuss the planning of the event on the record, confirmed the warning went out to all ticket-holders who received confirmation they secured tickets, including those who obtained passes through a lottery.

Congress has yet to finalize a continuing resolution, which could pass within a matter of days.

“Because we distribute tickets to the Easter Egg Roll far in advance, we alerted all ticket holders that this event is subject to cancellation due to funding uncertainty, including the possibility of a government shutdown,” the official wrote in an e-mail. “However, we are currently proceeding as planned with the Easter Egg Roll.”

www.washingtonpost.com...

What utter garbage!! Considering that our Federal Govt. will issue a $1.5 million in grants to African nations who study the impact between Elephants and Humans.

(CNSNews.com) – The Department of the Interior’s Fish and Wildlife Service has awarded $3.8 million in 2011 and 2012 for a “African Elephant Conservation” grant that, in part, aims to “decrease human-elephant conflict.”

The grant award for 2013 is estimated at $1.5 million to continue efforts to protect African elephants and their habitat, according to federalgrantswire.com.

The funds will go to “any African government agency responsible for African elephant conservation and protection and any other organization or individual with demonstrated experience in African elephant conservation,” the grant description states.

cnsnews.com...

edit on 20-3-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

What utter garbage!! Considering that our Federal Govt. will issue a $1.5 million in grants to African nations who study the impact between Elephants and Humans.

I'm not an American and I really don't pay attention to US politics much, but all these cuts at home and they're still fighting in someone else's wars and helping elephants?

O.o ~priorities~

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I am starting to think this site is full of those type of kids who always try to misconstrue facts. The easter egg roll is canceled and you state it as an attack on the easter bunny. Sensationalism at it's finest.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Turkenstein

The title of my thread was taken from the title of the article from which it was taken...and from which it was quoted.
Please read the link to the entire article, prior to making assumptions.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Everything having to do with the White House is going to get cut or reduced. Tours of any kind, public access of any kind... why? The Sequester cut funding to the Secret Service and thus some of the White house agents were laid off. So it's a security issue.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

The White House has been vague about what it will cut from the West Wing budget. It was announced Tuesday that public White House tours will be suspended as part of sequestration cuts to the Secret Service, though that agency is part of the Department of Homeland Security,not the Executive Office of the President.

www.politico.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join