It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel’s ‘Satan’ Looks Strangely Familiar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
History channel has a sense of humor... I don't know what else to say about this one.

History Channel’s ‘Satan’ Looks Strangely Familiar

The sequel to last year's mini-scandal over Game of Thrones using a mock George W. Bush head on a pike came on Sunday night in the History Channel's documentary The Bible, where the character of Satan bears a striking resemblance to a certain sitting president.

Mediaite points out that unlike HBO, which immediately apologized and scrubbed the scene from Game of Thrones, the History Channel hasn't said anything. There's a good reason for that: While HBO used an actual dummy Bush head, rented along with a bulk load of special-effects prosthetics, the resemblance between Ouazanni and Obama is a coincidence. Even if the conspiracy theorists are right and filmmakers Mark Burnett and Roma Downey purposefully cast the actor because of his resemblance to the president, that resemblance is purely a coincidence. And unlike the severed head, which showed up briefly in one shot, Satan is a fairly integral character in the Bible, so if History was to agree to alter future episodes or the DVD, as HBO did, it would be a much bigger undertaking.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

um, this is like the 25th dozen attempt to make a thread on this.

With all due respect, it's recommended you look at the new topic firehose topic list, use the search function, and view the list of topics in the forum you're posting in to see if the subject you want to post is already posted.

url for old search function, in case it helps, is ask.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

With all due respect, it's recommended you look at the new topic firehose topic list, use the search function, and view the list of topics in the forum you're posting in to see if the subject you want to post is already posted.

The search is constantly down... Believe me, I tried. Thanks though.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatsecret

Originally posted by Druscilla

The search is constantly down... Believe me, I tried. Thanks though.

Druscilla is right this one has been posted an absurd amount of times. If ATS search is "down"...just use google search...put site:abovetopsecret.com *search terms* in the search box.

ex.)site:abovetopsecret.com history channel satan

edit on 19-3-2013 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The ATS search isn't down, it's just powered by Samuru now.

abovetopsecret.com.samuru.com...

Oh gee, look at that!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I did not know about the new topic firehose topic list. Thank you! I will always use it now.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Duplicate thread closed.

join