It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sasha baron cohen (Movie the dictor) coincidental quote or well attuned conspiracy researcher?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
hello ATS users,

i thought i would post a brief topic about the movie the dictator by Sasha baron cohen, after watching the end part of the movie a particular quote is made about america not being a dictatorship, what gets me is the following quote which allot of ATS users would recognise the facts are reality and the quote in the movie is actualy sarcasim or reverse psycology, the qote is this

" Why are you guys so anti-dictators? Imagine if America was a dictatorship. You could let 1% of the people have all the nation's wealth. You could help your rich friends get richer by cutting their taxes. And bailing them out when they gamble and lose. You could ignore the needs of the poor for health care and education. Your media would appear free, but would secretly be controlled by one person and his family. You could wiretap phones. You could torture foreign prisoners. You could have rigged elections. You could lie about why you go to war. You could fill your prisons with one particular racial group, and no one would complain. You could use the media to scare the people into supporting policies that are against their interests."

Now allot of us on ATS know that this is what the true intentions of the GOV of the US are and there are refrences to example reffers to the rothchilds family and their banks, the media being controlled which we ALL know and the GOV monitoring its citizens comms.

So i leave it up to you ATS users, coincidence? or savy conspiracey believer?

T.I.
edit on 19-3-2013 by spacedoubt because: Added space so Quoted person's words would be eaiser to read

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Tahnya86

These are NOT the "intentions" of the American government. This is an INDICTMENT of the American government. This is exactly what we ARE doing right now. Not "planning" to do. This is who we are right now.

Read that again. Everything mentioned is happening right now. The point that is being made is America is in fact already a dictatorship through it's actions.

edit on 19-3-2013 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Tahnya86

Clearly he is pointing out the fact that America is screwed and that the majority of my fellow Americans are a bunch of American Idol watching, Real housewives of (wherever) loving, shallow, arrogant, ignorant, materialistic, blind sheep. Did I cover it all? Probably not.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
He's saying in most ways were no better than the dictatorships we ridicule - and he's right

And he kind of beats you over the head with it, not sure where the confusions coming from

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
i think it's an example of 'reverse psychology'

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Brilliant quote!

I don't think you have to be a conspiracy believer or researcher to know all this to be true.
He wasn't educated or raised up in America so that will be reasonably common knowledge to him.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Someone doesn't have to be a conspiracy theorist to see this is true. It's really common sense if you observe current events,history, and politics on a regular basis.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
When I watched this movie I thought it was absolutely ridiculous but when he gave this little speech, completely caught me off guard and made me come to some realizations. I just wouldn't have though that THIS guy would have stated it so accurately

Mind = blown

But now what do we do about it?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RooskiZombi

even i was shocked but also thining hahaha how true, sasha is a man who likes to shock people and i like that, and there is nothing we can do except be quiet and wait for the day where it all comes out and say to every doubter "i told you so".

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This is what caught my attention:
"You could fill your prisons with one particular racial group, and no one would complain"

The last time I checked, if you commit a crime, you go to prison. Why is it that most prisons are filled with one particular race? That's what we must figure out. Everyone is free and can work, and go, wherever they want and have been able to for 140 years. Some people can go to college for free. I cannot. Don't understand exactly what you mean by this statement.

It does seem to be some sort of reverse-psychology, and as far as Sasha Cohen goes, I wouldn't watch him if I had to, or most of the other propoganda films that come out of ziowood. I'll take Steve Martin anyday thankyouverymuch. LA Story = Masterpiece.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
No doubt about it, Mr. Cohen is actually a pretty educated and intelligent individual. I'm sure he made the comment to be exactly what it sounded like, wicked sarcasm as to how we are already living in a dictatorship...

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by RooskiZombi
When I watched this movie I thought it was absolutely ridiculous but when he gave this little speech, completely caught me off guard and made me come to some realizations. I just wouldn't have though that THIS guy would have stated it so accurately

Mind = blown

But now what do we do about it?

First we can stop believing "everything" MSM tries to shove down our throats..
edit on 23-3-2013 by beatbox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Pretty sure that was the whole joke, that we claim to be the land of the free, while at the same time doing things that most people would expect a country ruled by dictator to do. Just goes to show, the illusion of what a "free" country we are.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by b14warrior
Brilliant quote!

I don't think you have to be a conspiracy believer or researcher to know all this to be true.
He wasn't educated or raised up in America so that will be reasonably common knowledge to him.

Exactly. It's obvious to everyone who lives outside of the US, it should be just as obvious to Americans

new topics

top topics

join