It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First British Female Soldier Dies In Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
British female soldier found dead from a gunshot at a Basra military camp. It was not believed to be the result of any hostile action.

From BBC: First female soldier dies in Iraq

The first British female soldier to die during military operations in Iraq has been named by the Ministry of Defence.

Staff Sgt Denise Rose, 34, of the Royal Military Police's Special Investigation Branch, was found dead from a gunshot at a Basra military camp on Sunday.

An investigation was under way, but it was not believed to be the result of any hostile action, said the MoD.

Her death - days after a Black Watch soldier died - takes the number of UK service personnel to die in Iraq to 70.

Lt Col Robert Silk, commanding officer of her parent unit, the SIB (Germany), based at Rheindahlen, said: "Denise had a multitude of friends, being universally popular, intelligent and ever cheerful.

"She was doing so well in the Army, and had a bright future in front of her."

The death was "a terrible shock for all her many comrades in the unit" and a tragic loss, Col Silk added.

Click the link for the full article from BBC...

I don�t wish to speculate on the cause of her death...

[edit on 2004/11/1 by Hellmutt]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Headline should read first "british"....

The US has lost a number of female soldiers.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by moxyone
Headline should read first "british"....

The US has lost a number of female soldiers.

Sorry �bout that. I was interupted. I changed it now. I simply used the original headline from BBC at first...

join