It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans pressure Obama to clarify decision not to address Israeli Knesset

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Republicans pressure Obama to clarify decision not to address Israeli Knesset

The White House is facing pressure from House Republicans to defend President Obama's decision not to address the Knesset on his trip this week to Israel. A group of Republicans wrote to Obama to "commend" him for traveling to Israel but also questioning the choice not to address members of the Knesset, which they describe as "a customary and symbolic gesture that celebrates our shared democratic ideals and the special relationship between Israel and United States." The letter notes that both of Obama's most recent predecessors, President Clinton and President George W. Bush, addressed the Israeli legislative body, Bush doing so during his last full year in office. The lawmakers then ask for "clarification" why Obama isn't on this trip. The White House downplayed the decision when asked about it last week. Spokesman Ben Rhodes said the administration and the Israeli government had "discussed a range of options" for where Obama could speak while visiting the country. They settled on a convention center, partly as a way to reach young people.

If Obama doesn't want to address the Knesset why should he? It's obvious that Israel is going to make sure he doesn't see what they don't want him to see. It's not surprising to see all the traitors we have in congress getting upset because he's not kissing the Knesset's butt like they do when Benny is America.

And as usual Benny is spouting out the same lie as always.

"Israel has proven time and again it is ready for concessions in exchange for real peace, and the situation today is no different."

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
The real reason is the Knesset teleprompter is written in hebrew characters......

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Come now....

Obama wants "his" Butt" kissed, not the other way around...............

S&F

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
The real reason is the Knesset teleprompter is written in hebrew characters......

I'm glad you said it...I wasn't going to.

Seriously.. the article seems to say that by the last two Presidents, it's somewhat of a tradition at this point. A courtesy thing. It seems reasonable to ask why he'd break from the last two. Especially when others are claiming there is a great deal of tension in this visit. Talk of war and attacks...and deadlines for Israel to do things. Sounds like a high stress one. So, I'd call it a fair question and I'm curious to know why myself, actually.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Oh Wrabbit.........

I stand corrected.

It goes like this.....

He has no one to bow to...... Thats it.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling

That would be funny if every president hasn't used one since it's invention.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Maybe Sec Def Chuck Hagel should address the israeli knesset.

He would tell them to go to hell.

top topics

join