It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MI6 and CIA were told before invasion that Iraq had no active WMD

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Considering their close ties to Iran and Russia could be either or both were in Iraq from the get go Maybe they need to stop supplying the technical support for them and "pass that parcel".

Do you think there is some international conspiracy to spirit away the WMDs whenever the United States gets close to acquiring them?

At one point do you say...maybe there weren't WMDs after all.

What next Russia sends them on a rocket to the moon?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

No. Let me ask you directly. Are you in favour of military action against Syria to recover alleged weapons of mass destruction?

Offtopic to answer No

They tried? When? Where?

Iraq war

By "merest suspicion" I was referring to countries generally and not specifically Iraq. Yes and as we've already established he gassed his own people with the connivance and in some cases assistance of our benign Western governments.

Who is lying now? Scud launchers are not made by the west

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Considering the U.S. gave Saddam the anthrax seed and the chemical weapons. That they used them on the Kurds, killing, what 100's of thousands? There is some reason to believe Saddam's minister??

He had em, he used em and he refused open U.N. inspection.

You must be a kidding. Everything is a conspiracy....yah right.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Do you think there is some international conspiracy to spirit away the WMDs whenever the United States gets close to acquiring them?

Yeah there is an international conspiracy because if it wasn't for Eastern Countries like Russia,China,and Pakistan,and North Korea wmds would not even be an issue.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Considering the U.S. gave Saddam the anthrax seed and the chemical weapons.

Tired of this crap

All told, 52% of Iraq's international chemical weapon equipment was of German origin. Around 21% of Iraq’s international chemical weapon equipment was French. About 100 tons of mustard gas also came from Brazil. The United Kingdom paid for a chlorine factory that was intended to be used for manufacturing mustard gas An Austrian company gave Iraq calutrons for enriching uranium. The nation also provided heat exchangers, tanks, condensers, and columns for the Iraqi chemical weapons infrastructure, 16% of the international sales. Singapore gave 4,515 tons of precursors for VX, sarin, tabun, and mustard gasses to Iraq. The Dutch gave 4,261 tons of precursors for sarin, tabun, mustard, and tear gasses to Iraq. Egypt gave 2,400 tons of tabun and sarin precursors to Iraq and 28,500 tons of weapons designed for carrying chemical munitions. India gave 2,343 tons of precursors to VX, tabun, Sarin, and mustard gasses. Luxemburg gave Iraq 650 tons of mustard gas precursors. Spain gave Iraq 57,500 munitions designed for carrying chemical weapons. In addition, they provided reactors, condensers, columns and tanks for Iraq’s chemical warfare program, 4.4% of the international sales. China provided 45,000 munitions designed for chemical warfare.

jarrarsupariver.blogspot.com...

Only Amerika gave "Saddam chemical weapons".

Blah.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Offtopic to answer No

It's only off topic when it suits you.

Iraq war

Where were the weapons then? How did they try? We seem to be going around in circles, have you been asleep?

Who is lying now? Scud launchers are not made by the west

I don't know Neo96, who is lying? I certainly never accused anybody of lying no more than I mentioned anything to do with Scud launchers.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yes other countries also share responsibility you are quite correct.

Only Amerika gave "Saddam chemical weapons".

So to clarify...the United States wasn't involved? They were steadfast allies with Iraq at that time though, correct?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
What's all the fuss about? They found absolutely nothing, nada, zip. They got all excited when the found what amounted to a roach coach (food truck) that for a while they claimed was a mobile bio-weapon laboratory, and a few empty shells that supposedly at one time carried nerve gas, neither of which panned out.

The Iraqi's, during the 1991 invasion ended up burying their air force in sand, I guess to preserve it. If they take their primary defensive weapons (said fighters) and bury them, how is it that they have any plans of deploying more sophisticated weaponry?

The Iraq war didn't start in 2003, it started in 1991. The reasons for starting it go a lot deeper than anybody has discussed here. Think 'perpetual war'. We've been in more or less perpetual war since WWII. De-stabilization has been a leverage used by the CIA, NSA, and miltary intelligence ever since the OSS. The war machine keeps all sorts of industries in profits, it keeps developing countries from capitalizing on their national/natural assets and becoming world powers, and it allows the intelligence and military communities to maintain strict control. Look a the controls in place now as a result of all of this garbage (Patriot Act, NDAA, etc.).

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

It's only off topic when it suits you.

Like the op made it an issue?

Where were the weapons then? How did they try? We seem to be going around in circles, have you been asleep?

Iraq,Syria,

I don't know Neo96, who is lying? I certainly never accused anybody of lying no more than I mentioned anything to do with Scud launchers.

Really? there were no wmds in Iraq which is the entire premise of this thread.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

So to clarify...the United States wasn't involved? They were steadfast allies with Iraq at that time though, correct?

How many allies try to kill Us presidents?
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The United States supported Iraq during the Iran-Iraq War

United States support for Iraq during the Iran–Iraq War, against post-revolutionary Iran, included several billion dollars worth of economic aid, the sale of dual-use technology, non-U.S. origin weaponry, military intelligence, Special Operations training, and direct involvement in warfare against Iran.

The citations for that statement in the article are listed as the books Spider's Web: The Secret History of How the White House Illegally Armed Iraq and Death Lobby: How the West Armed Iraq

The Shadow World: Inside the Global Arms Trade is also a fascinating read.

edit on 18/3/13 by Kram09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You made it an issue, I only responded.

You keep posting off topic then accuse us of being off topic when all we are doing is responding to your off topic deflections.

The thread is about CIA and MI6 and their fabricated intel and you come in here blaming China

First you blame China and now you blame me

Let me guess, you will blame the pope and "them evil Demokrats" next?
edit on 3/18/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I don't know what post you happen to be referring to I'm afraid.

Iraq,Syria,

Please elaborate. As stated previously only old, useless munitions were found and other things which were questionable but we have no idea what they were, nor have we had any follow up which determines what they were.

Really? there were no wmds in Iraq which is the entire premise of this thread.

Again I didn't accuse anybody of lying and I didn't mention Scud launchers.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

How many allies try to kill Us presidents?

Your point is?

Is that some kind of tenuous justification for the invasion of Iraq now?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The title reads:

'MI6 and CIA were told before invasion that Iraq had no active WMD'

The news states:

Read more

Your off-topic post regarding china and Syria has got nothing to do with the news above and the thread ne0. Your opinion is just a guess work and has no valid proof.. I think the news hurt your feelings. I know , truth hurts. too bad.

Careful, this will hurt you even more.

edit on 18-3-2013 by SOLIDSNAKE101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

The United States supported Iraq during the Iran-Iraq War

So what?

The term ally or support is meaningless it does not make them "best buddies" it just a beneficial arrangement until a objective is met.

"the enemy is my enemy is my friend bs" when its all said and done self interest always dominates any alliance

Please elaborate. As stated previously only old, useless munitions were found and other things which were questionable but we have no idea what they were, nor have we had any follow up which determines what they were.

"old useless muntions were found" because we put boots on the ground there was no other way of that determination.

Your point is?

The point is someone called the US and Iraq allies so what?

We have never been case in point once upon a time the us and Iran were "allies".

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SOLIDSNAKE101

'MI6 and CIA were told before invasion that Iraq had no active WMD'

Exactly. Some old shells etc does not constitute an active WMD program no matter how you try and spin it.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

You keep posting off topic then accuse us of being off topic when all we are doing is responding to your off topic deflections.

So what does the Iran Iraq war have to do with this topic eh?

What about that deflection?

Or that other deflection of Invading Syria ?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Duh, they where there not for the WMDs but for the stargates, everyone knows that!

Get with the program bro.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SOLIDSNAKE101

Your off-topic post regarding china and Syria has got nothing to do with the news above and the thread ne0. Your opinion is just a guess work and has no valid proof.. I think the news hurt your feelings. I know , truth hurts. too bad.

China is very much a part of this topic as per this post

www.abovetopsecret.com...

. . China provided 45,000 munitions designed for chemical warfare

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join