It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. bills would end undercover investigations of farm animal abuse

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
"Luckily" this is an article about state legislatures and not the U.S. Congress (not yet at least, as far as I could tell). If one of the state's passes such a bill it will be instantly challenged in court, on First Amendment issues at least (Freedom of Speech, Freedom of the Press, etc.). So there is hope sanity will prevail.

Remember when Oprah and vegetarian activist Howard Lyman were actually put on trial in Texas for talking about the harmful aspects of hamburger? Home of the brave and land of the free? Ha! Thanks goddess for the court system, at least until they get up to the Supreme Court where it's a roll of the dice.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
This is a really disturbing news. This proves me two points

1) Politicians are buyable
2) The power of big corporations

In my opinion, in order to deal with animal cruelty and sweatshops, there would be only one possible solution.

Making a law, that would require any company dealing with human labour production or animals, needs to install cameras in the working rooms and rooms where animals are held, which would be have to be live fed to internet.

Also strictening the laws of misbehaviour should be done. Any company who has been caught with either sweatshops or animal cruelty must pay every single dime of their profit from the year being caught as a fine.

These two suggestions would basically diminish the problems.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The United States is a SICK PLACE.

A place where we pump our animals and even seeds full of antibiotic solutions. A place where we indiscriminately and cruelly see through the deaths of millions of animals a day. A place where bribery has been legalized and utilized effectively to make sure that every politician cares more about certain corporations interests than that of the people that elected them.

The thing is...NOBODY CARES ANYMORE! Nobody cares that most every age-related disease and disorder has something to do with the foods, the neurotoxins, we put into our body. Nobody cares that almost every food contains carcinogenic oils and food dyes. Nobody cares about artificial sweeteners and aspartame laying waste to their bodies. Nobody cares about sugar and high fructose corn syrup, and the diabetes that ensues after a lifetime of 'Americana'.

And how could we even care? The same food giants were in charge regardless of who was the president. The FDA, USDA and EPA were infiltrated a long time ago. Organic food and a health lifestyle are what keeps money out of the lined pockets

The limited control we have over what we eat? Think back to a hundred years ago. Now think forward a hundred years. When the global GM super crops become our only viable option, when we're eating herbicides and mutated foods without unbiased scientific study being done to ensure our safety...

oh wait

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AxelAxel

Try not to blame the United States as a whole..

After all, we're a nation of over 300 million people across 50 states and several territories. We're one of the largest landmasses on Earth and represent damn near every language and culture known within it, at some level and in some location.

Out of ALL THAT.... We have a few thousand people between Washington D.C. and the Corporate World would would just as soon kill as us help us if it benefits them personally. That's really all there is at the most, I believe. A few thousand out of 300 million. That is what sucks and needs removed...not the other 99% of a fine nation.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

The thing that worries me the most is that no only this corrupted corporate groups will get away with selling sick and death meat to the consumer but also, they can pump all kind of poisoning into the live stock without telling the consumer about it also.

Time to boycott the big beef manufactured business in the US, no wonder US beef is not allowed to be sold in other countries and neither milk products as they have a ban on it, now you most imagine why

I guess other countries are smarter than us the American consumers

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Another reason why we should not eat meat products.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BristolStew

Sorry, I disagree. This is about corporations doing something wrong and trying to hide it from the public. Not about meat vs vegetarian. Without meat, human beings would have never evolved the large brains that make us what we are.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Can you show some proof for that statement? How can you know what we would have been like if we ate something different?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

The treatment of animals for slaughter used to bother me but then I realized that even if the animals are treated nice they still end up slaughtered. The only real issue is the health concerns that arise from the conditions in which these animals live in before they are slaughtered.

These health concerns can be rectified and should but I really do not know how you can humanely kill an animal for consumption. If we care about the animals well being then why are we raising them to eat them.... it makes no sense.

If we have transparency in how animals are treated before slaughter expect costs of meat to go up. The current practice of slaughtering animals for consumption is the way it is simply because it is cost efficient. If you do not mind the prices going up then continue to ask for it.

After long contemplation I decided to kick animal products. If I have to eat an animal i will but I chose not to. I simply decided to drop it because of the health issues caused by animal products, the practices in food handling, and because i really see no reason for it.

In my opinion no matter how you slice it eating an animal is abuse. It can be necessary to eat an animal but if I have viable options I will refrain from doing so.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by extraterrestrialentity

I'm assuming by "that statement" you mean about humans needing meat to evolve? Here you go:

www.livescience.com...

Eating meat and cooking food made us human, the studies suggest, enabling the brains of our prehuman ancestors to grow dramatically over a period of a few million years.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
reply to post by BristolStew

Sorry, I disagree. This is about corporations doing something wrong and trying to hide it from the public. Not about meat vs vegetarian. Without meat, human beings would have never evolved the large brains that make us what we are.

i'm going to have to agree with you. And anyone who does not. Is an idiot. Lmao vegans.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by poloblackMy question has always been this, ever since I was about 10 years old: Why in the hell don't American citizens have a ''vote'' on whether these laws pass or not?? After all, we are the constituents, right? These traitors just pass laws at will, and they don't ask the American people a damn thing.

You do have a vote. The one who put the people into office. That's your vote. The American people do not make it count.

Yeah right. You vote for the person who seems to be honest and the best for the job, yet when this person is in office, the corporations have only that person to corrupt to pass their stupid laws. They always manage to do this. Much easier for them to do this then it is to corrupt all the Americans for a vote!

I'm not an expert on politics but there must be a way to change that. Again, they will probably rig the votes .. We have already lost..

Peace out.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by extraterrestrialentity

Can you show some proof for that statement? How can you know what we would have been like if we ate something different?

Look at all the herbivorous animals, do they seem smart? It's usually the meat eaters that are the brightest because they have to 'elaborate strategies' (kind of) to make sure they will eat. Herb and plants don't move, so the animals that eats that don't need to have high cognitive responses to catch them. Meat eaters, have to hunt for their meals, so they need a bigger brain to be able to survive.

I guess that's that part that helped the human specie 'evolve' in this direction.

I don't know if it's enough proof for you but in my head that works out.

By the way, i'm against the practice in the food industry and would want more exposure of those mindless abusers.

Peace out.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

It's not a fact, It says "the studies suggest", not that it is a fact.

If we would only be able to be this intelligent because of us eating meat, then that means that if aliens exist, and they are intelligent, then they all ate meat, which I find very hard to believe.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bigwig22

Hunting isn't the only reason why animals evolve, the environment can have a big effect on a species' evolution, as well as food availability (not necessarily meat), and I'm sure many other factors take part in how a species evolves.

A species might evolve to have higher cognitive abilities to adapt to a particular surrounding, or grow larger to adapt to that surrounding, so clearly hunting isn't the only thing that causes a species to evolve.

Not trying to start anything, just pointing out some things.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Now here is where Anonymous should call for a beef protest for a month rather then what they are calling for in this thread below. You know something that is actually able to be done without costing us many more troubles..
Anonymous Has Picked Up Operation Inaction - Begins April 1, 2013!,

I could do without beef for a month for such a cause.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Hi!

That's fine, i understand what you say and you may be very right, it was just a theory i thought about and i'm not by all means a scientific or anything, just a regular guy trying to understand things

Peace out.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Since a few years already, the more I became aware of how the industry treat animals, the less meat I eat.
I have family that had a BIO farm. I had a romantic image of the food industry...

It has now come to a point I seldom ever buy any meat for myself.
I eat meat once in a while though, when on the move. Dont want to bother people.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Going back that many years, there is nothing that we can say is fact 100%. But when all the studies ever done on the subject suggest the same thing, we can reasonably assume that they are correct. You may not want to believe it and that is fine by me. But I'll trust the scientists.

edit on 19-3-2013 by TheComte because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Bro, first of, check out the documentary Food Inc, it's on youtube.

this has nothing to do with being vegetarian. in fact, veggies have all the minerals and vitamins you need for your body, and the less meat you have in your diet, the safer it would be. don't take my word for it, just check it out for yourself. besides, when go to a slaughterhouse for and check out how they do the slaughtering of cows, pigs, sheep, etc. then tell me what do you think? aside from being healthy or not, it's inhumane.
edit on 19-3-2013 by BristolStew because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join