It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Prime Minister neutral on U.S. elections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I saw that sanctum posted a thread about the Australian Foreign affairs minister taking a pro-Bush stance on the U.S. election. So I thought it would be good to post something on Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin's take on the elections.

I encourage all international posters to do the same. Just out of curiosity, let's document where the world stands on this election.

Canada will work with whatever administration takes power in the U.S. after the Nov. 2 election, Prime Minister Paul Martin says.

He insisted he has no problems with the current one of U.S. President George W. Bush.

"We have a very good relationship with this administration,'' Martin said Saturday after addressing the federal Liberal Party's annual meeting in Niagara Falls, Ont.

*snip*

Among Liberal delegates, buttons featuring Sen. John Kerry, the Democrats' challenger, were outselling Bush ones.

www.ctv.ca...

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
I saw that sanctum posted a thread about the Australian Foreign affairs minister taking a pro-Bush stance on the U.S. election. So I thought it would be good to post something on Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin's take on the elections.

I encourage all international posters to do the same. Just out of curiosity, let's document where the world stands on this election.

Ha ha ha ha Otts just what I would expect from Martin

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Just adding a link...

While polls show Canadians support Democratic Sen. John Kerry, experts suggest he may not open borders to beef or care any more about Canada than U.S. President George Bush.

*snip*

Canada's already-fragile relationship with its southern neighbour was further damaged after former prime minister Jean Chretien decided not to send troops to Iraq.

Clarkson says if Kerry were elected some pressure might be taken off of Canada.

"One of the consequences would probably be that if Kerry were elected, he would look more favourably at Canada for the very reason that the Bush people were mad at us," he said.

*snip*

In Canada, Martin has refused to say who he backs, and doesn't want his MPs to either.

"I think the Americans are going to choose their president as Canadians choose their prime minister. I think we should let the American people choose their president," Martin told reporters in Ottawa on Thursday.

www.ctv.ca...

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I'm really happy Martin has a minority government.

This should keep him in check no matter who wins the US election.

I don't trust that guy.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I'm sure "under the table" the federal liberal government that is currently in power in Canada supports Kerry. I believe Bush & Co over the past 4 years have made things very difficult on the Canadian economy, export/importing etc.

Jean Chr�tien's famous speech of having the proof, showing of the proof if their's no proof of the proof. Canada only wants proof of the proof, so that their's proof to attack Iraq.

It still makes me laugh i tell ya.

Anyways, I'm sure Canada will remain neutral when it comes to picking sides when they play no role in the outcome. Actually i did read an article that Canada will be the 51st state that decides tommarows elections, yah no kiddin. 600,000 Americans are living in Canada and will be casting votes as well

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Gools - I met Paul Martin two years ago, he came to our annual general meeting (I worked for a community radio association at the time). He was still finance minister - lost his job two weeks later. The guy has charisma, can improvise a rousing speech without a single note, but... the speech he gave at our AGM, while very enthusiastic, was also full of wind.

Unfortunately, the only other option we have is Stephen Harper, the conservative guy who doesn't seem comfortable if his suit isn't all buttoned up... and he scares me. So... we're caught between a rock and a hard place. The minority government is the best possible option.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
syntaxer - any idea of how many Americans live in Mexico, aka the 52nd state?

And I'd be curious to know what Vicente Fox thinks...

new topics

top topics

join