It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does one explain this tragedy.?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Dad kills 4 daughters over lack of son, and wounds three other daughters.

November 2, 2004

AN Egyptian man stabbed to death four of his daughters in their sleep and wounded the other three because of the "shame" he felt at not having had a son after 18 years of marriage, police said.

Abdel Nasser Ibrahim Mahmud, a muezzin who just hours before the killings had called Muslims to prayers from a mosque.

www.news.com.au...

I cannot see how this father could claim this was a legitimate act, no matter what
faith he chose to adopt.

Sanc'.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Sick sick people in this world. Culture or not its not damn excuse to kill your own flesh and blood. I can only hope this mans exit from the world matches that of the family he killed by his own twisted hand!

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
That is so sick and disturbing. It is hard to believe that there are people in the world that would do such an evil thing. I hope his punishment is death.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The truth is that if you know your history even in the bible it tells that in ancient times sons are always value more than daughters.

Now in this time and age we do feel angry and horrified about acts like this.

[edit on 123030p://111 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This can be explained very easily.

Please let me be clear, this is an explaination-this is NOT MY OPINION of what is right!

In many countries, especially rural areas sons are seen as being able to help suppost the family-working on farm, hunting, getting job and working. In these areas, women are seen only as a burden to the family.

This happens in more than third world countries-China is a good example.

I do not agree with this at all, I could never do this, nor do i find it acceptable-these are just the reasons I have read in reports and in books.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
It sure is strange how all of these "honor" killings and "shame" killings are commited by Muslims. When was the last time a Catholic mob stoned a rape victim to death?

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by verfed
It sure is strange how all of these "honor" killings and "shame" killings are commited by Muslims. When was the last time a Catholic mob stoned a rape victim to death?

Hmm your signature says it all :shk: Lets just say that ALL major religions have stuff in thier closets that they would rather stay hidden. Its a pretty simplistic view to sterotype it as a "Muslim" problem thoguh. Take a little gander at SE Aisa. China has a huge problem with this as well. However, you may be right about the IDF, they don't seem to discriminate when the snipers target children. Male and female children are treated the same: Targets

You must be so proud

[edit on 11/1/04 by FredT]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I am an American that has been married to a Muslim for 25 years. Let me speak of the "mentality" that my husband was raised with. I call it the "Hit the Table Complex" You see I have seen this by a number of Muslims or Middle Eastern people. When the child bumps their head on the corner of the table, "they" (really dont want to sterotype) literally hit the table to show the child they are "taking care of the problem", then it is laughed about so the child will stop crying. Over years and years with this as only one example, children are raised in a semi-violent atmosphere by the nature of their upbringing and observation of violence on their own turf.
When the mind breaks, so to speak, a person can revert back to problem solving by what has been implanted in their mind as a child or in a horrific event they witnessed. Now this particular man honestly probably just lost his mind, and it is not typical in any region of the world but I can tell you from experience that due to years and years of war and upbring, there is definately a difference in the middle eastern countries compared to the US.
And again after many years of deciphering this, it is not all about religious differences and/or beliefs but rather "programming". But in their defense, I have to say there are alot excellent things taught that are not followed as much here. Like the respect for the elderly, family, schools and teachers. Like the teaching of heritage, and customs. Kids can actually speak of stories told to them by their Grandfathers, and it is done with respect!

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Fredt you didn't answer my question.

Also a 16 year old just blew himself up in Tel Aviv yesterday. You Fred will condemn Israel if they go shoot some terrorists in retaliation. The militants hide behind kids and both of them die. Too bad for the kid but that terrorist had to die.

Too bad for the Israelis in Tel Aviv, they just had to go shopping for fruit without fear of a palestinian "martyring" himself in front of their face.

new topics

top topics

join