It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bailout terms prompt run on Cyprus banks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
This is huge news. It's theft - they have ridden roughshod over a savings deposit insurance. Most other countries have the same and now people are going to be asking if it could happen to them.
www.forbes.com...
Expect weasel words of reassurance from our governments - it was a one off, it couldn't happen here etc etc. Yeah right. The reason we have these deposit guarantees is to promote confidence in the banks. H E L L O...
The ramifications of this heist could be huge.
edit on 16-3-2013 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Directive5120

I agree that the world is in trouble but I can't really speak for others, only for myself and the tornado of stupidity that is tearing Europe apart. We are often told that the EU has saved Europe from another war, yet the streets of Greece have been a battleground because of the Euro. In my lifetime I have never known Europe to be as divided as it is under the so called unity of the EU. We have had a President deposed and replaced with the unelected place man. And don't forget that all the crisis in Greece, with bailouts tied to austerity and more austerity is all being done to protect the French and German banks. Now we have theft from private bank accounts.

Nobody in Britain has ever been asked if they wanted a European Super State to rule them. They was asked if they wanted to join a trading block many years ago. Even now every promise of a referendum is broken, not that it would mount to much. Ireland said No and was told to vote again.

The EU is being run by a few for their own benefit and those few have some very dodgy beliefs concerning democracy and respect for others. They will push and push, taking ever more liberties until they command everything and everybody in Europe. And the only thing that I can see stopping them is an uprising.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Directive5120

None of that money will go towards paying off any debts. It will end up in the pockets of the evil con artists who are holding the world to ransom. These people, everyone profiteering from this racket, including the government, need executing and I hope that one day enough people with the inclination and ability to deal with these individuals in such a manner get the job done.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
here's another source
www.marketwatch.com...
it's real folk's..ive been trying to get some other info on it especially on the "after-hours" and forex...i'm going to be looking for contagion...

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

edit on Sat Mar 16 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join