It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JFK killing: How close was Jackie to being shot?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol

If anyone had one reason to Kill JFK, Jackie had a thousand....

I'm sure it's not just me waiting in anticipation..

Enlighten us, please..

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Wasn't he reputed to have slept with over 1000 women?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Exaggeration for a start.

And an affair is the cause for all of this?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I personally haven't seen anything that would indicate that Jackie was a shooter. I think she was probably very close to getting shot though. If you consider the stray that hit the curb on the south side of the road, a complete miss like that indicates that the element of error was large.

Additionally, the shot in JFK's back was probably well off target for that sort of range. When I shoot 100 yds with a scoped rifle, I expect to keep every shot well inside a one-inch circle. Even with a moving target, if I can manage to get the crosshairs on my intended point of impact, I can still keep the error within just over an inch. On the assumption that the target was his head, the back shot was well low. I'm guessing it was shot from a suppressed rifle with a special load round that was subsonic for noise control and the dipchit that was shooting didn't accont for the extra drop. He probably sighted in at the range with factory rounds and didn't adjust for the slower rounds that he took to the party, so his shot dropped low. That would make sense for that timeframe, because suppressors were a relatively new thing and they would have known to keep the round subsonic, but didn't account for the extra details.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by lynxpilot

This thread isn't about Jackie as the shooter, that's just silly. It's about how close she came to the bullet's path, and your post suggests that she was lucky by inches. Sticking her face right into his when the fatal shot was coming in just to her left (either direction, conspiracy theory or not) she came closer to death than I realized. Until I saw the gif which shows how near she was I thought maybe she actually was reaching for a part of JFK's skull when she jumped onto the trunk, but seeing it made it very clear that she was just trying to get out of there.
edit on 19-3-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Interesting to note that if JFK wasn't wearing his back brace, the fatal shot might have not been fatal.

Really?

I have never heard that before.

Star for you, cause that is news to me.....

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by cultureoftruth
reply to post by Aleister

It was close to Jackie's head but far enough right to miss her. The bullet impacted jfk over the right eye. In the last gif you can see the bullet path just right of Nellie. Notice the circular white area by his hair where the bullet entered, in addition to his rear skull coming open and off.

Fascinating gifs and close ups, thanks for posting them. Why on the Zupruder film is there a total blurring of the faces between frame 313 and 314 (look at John Connelly's face and head for the effect - although it's probably Zupruder jumping a little at the sound of the shot.). Is it possible to make the gif longer, from when JFK starts to look over at Jackie until she jumps from the car? Lots of material in those few seconds. And as I mentioned in one post, it looks like Jackie was holding JFK up when his body goes limp,and then shoves him off.
edit on 19-3-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Here's 310-328. Take a look at 328 and tell me what you see.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 19-3-2013 by cultureoftruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cultureoftruth

I think it's very obvious that the this is not an original Z-film - it is an amateur chop job - and the critical shot is taken when Jackie's lap is not in the frame.

The killing frame is Z-313 and Mr. Zapruder seems to have a problem at that exact moment he is unable to keep the limousine in the frame. The sequence does not allow us too see Jackie's lap at Z-317. Suddenly we see Jackie's lap at Z-318.

It's almost like somebody blacked out those frames to cover up what Jackie's hand was doing down there. Not to mention Jackie's strange right arm movements which don't look real at all.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

He was leaning left before the headshot, and for all intents and purposes died instantly, therefore he naturally slumped over to the left, the side he was leaning immediately before the kill shot. The alteration is shown perferctly here. The right rear exit is painted in right after the shot, then closes up again around frame 321.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

On your last post, the big gif of the shot and just after, I didn't realize until watching it that Jackie moves her head down to escape the splatter, then upon bringing it up she looks directly into her husband's open head. That's when her nervous system kicks in, she actually grabs his neck and pushes that thing away from her, and she is on her way out of there. She looks up right into his open head.

No wonder she never really talked about it. Maybe her mind shut that out and she couldn't recall, or, just the opposite, recalled it way too clearly to want to tell anyone what her first reaction was -- "push that thing off and run!!!"

edit on 20-3-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Frame 337. Mouth wide open looking right at the open wound. That's when she bolts.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Jackie's jaw drops open, jeez, this thread has turned into a snuff thread. But that's a great picture if you take historical context into account. So that old fable about "Jackie chasing a piece of JFK's skull in order to retrieve it" is really just some PR or an urban myth put out by somebody at the time.

And again, she was very lucky to have not been hit by the same bullet. In a way JFK probably saved her life by being where he was, inadvertantly guarding his wife from the shooter.

(Personal note, I never met Jackie Kennedy, but was in a room when a guy came in and said he just met her on the sidewalk outside. So I was within a couple hundred feet of her or so. If she'd seen me her jaw would have dropped open - from pleasure - so it's lucky I kept my distance)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Hey, Rising Against!

I was just thinking about you recently and realized I haven't seen you around at all. I hope all is well with you!

This was a very interesting thread by the way. Great job!

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister

Proof the Bullet was fired from Behind ???....Just before his head explodes, is it just me or is that the Bullet a few inches behind his head just bellow Jackie's elbow..highlighted by her pink sleeve ......you dont even have to look close...it's obvious...if it's not a Bullet could someone tell me what it is..

edit on 7-5-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Proof the Bullet was fired from Behind ???....Just before his head explodes, is it just me or is that the Bullet a few inches behind his head just bellow Jackie's elbow..highlighted by her pink sleeve ......you dont even have to look close...it's obvious...if it's not a Bullet could someone tell me what it is..

That could be the back shot that was fired just before the driver's shot to the forehead. Watch JFK'S back, it's like a black flash or something. But it's on his back, right of Jackie's elbow.

edit on 8-5-2013 by cultureoftruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Although probably some kind of dust on the film, but if it is a bullet that has just struck Kennedy it's actually going backwards after emerging from his head, and seems to be tumbling, and then it falls behind his back. But dust on the film is more likely.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Your second vid is interesting, and a black something or other appears on the film. A film artifact seems most likely (dust, cat fur, or something else caught in the old camera - and has anyone ever made a list of the types of cameras, makes and models, that filmed the event?) but I have no idea what it is aside from guesswork.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
gonna bump this one because of similar discussions going on in a thread or two, and the anniversary and all. Some of the posts here have gif's of JFK being hit which are very close up and informative.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Have to bump this on the 50th anniversary of the murder. Jackie lived a good life after the event, raised two children, married into money and maybe some happiness, and then had a career working for a book publisher while also having another man in her life. It would have been nice if she had left more of a record of the day of the assassination, the things she witnessed and thought from her unique point of view. If she was more forthcoming then some of the little holes and mysteries of the day could have had more clarity.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join