It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NYPD Declares Martial Law in Brooklyn - MSM Blackout?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Funny thing.
When the citizenry may be armed.
Cops don't just shoot people down in the street.

But when the peasants don't have guns,
its just your word against theirs isn't it.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
It's funny... if all the people were this outraged when their own kind killed each other (gang violence), it may change the towns outlook on such crimes.. but when a cop defends himself (don't know the full story yet), they ALL go looting and burning down the town.

Just a head shaker.. How come they aren't this outraged when it happens when its NOT a cop? They need to stand up, and say NO MORE...

I know many don't want to say it, but most all the predominantly African American cities have the highest crime statistics.. Detroit... Philadelphia, Chicago, etc.. The men need to wake up and raise their children correctly, and also give them HOPE.. Without hope, they won't care for human life.. so sad.. Education is letting them down--across the country, not just in those towns.. The mind set needs to change.. All this 'bling, ho's and cars' being the thing to become 'somebody' is insane... no one cares about that.. what makes you a MAN is having a good job, being respectful in the community, giving back, and helping others.. "Bling" and gold chains is so cliche, and does nothing but mark you for the other idiot that wants that chain, and will kill you to take it.

Just a vicious loop.. one that needs to be broken..
My best friends are black, and are so fed up with it, they can't even go outside at night, because they're afraid of being shot, or messed with.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
I understand and am concerned with the situation but...

2 attractive women reporting..."OMG" "TWEET" "TWITTER" FACEBOOK"...Especially when you have a kid...blah, blah, blah...and then to state "I had no idea what was happening".

Are these the fluff dispensers we need to report this?

This report looks like an attempt to soften the real news, make it sensationalistic in a "flash in the pan" moment and look sexy doing it. Just to make it look like an American Idol moment in order to show the public..."Stay tuned for next week's episode"...So there's a week of absolute idiocy waiting for the next Crap Fest.

So many will fall for it unfortunately.

Peace

I am by no means a fan of RT News any more than I am of any other MSM --- all with their agendas.

However I won't hold back any further information on this just because I don't approve of the source.
Currently no one is talking about this, at all. And to all Americans this should be a big deal.

Please share any links you have found regarding this.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Here's some background on the kid from:www.nydailynews.com...

Before the riot Monday, a police source told The News that investigators believe Kimani was a member of the Bloods street gang. The source pointed to two YouTube videos, published last year, that featured violence between Bloods and Crips. The source said Kimani appears in both videos, which The News has refrained from publishing due to graphic content.

In one video, Kimani is clad in a red Adidas hoodie and goes by the nickname “Shapow,” the source said. He can be seen taunting and hitting a 13-year-old rival on Nostrand Ave. near Glenwood Rd. in Flatbush after the adversary flashed gang signs and said he runs with the Crips

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
They arrested the kid who got shot and killed sister for protesting!

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

You do not understand. By "giving me your attention" you are trying to give me your energy "which i do not want". Because you do not understand what is "happening" yet, i am "choosing" to take personal responsibility for "you" on "your behalf" to point this out, with the hope that progress for "both of us" can be achieved. I do apologize for wording the last reply in such away that actually "manipulated you" into to doing this of "your own free will". I hope we both learned something from this.

When someone addresses me, I usually make an attempt to give them the attention they deserve, just as I did for you.
No apology needed, as you've manipulated no one of their "own free will".

Back on topic, I am curious as to what "you think" you can do about this, "The NYPD Declares Martial Law in Brooklyn - MSM Blackout?"

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

You do not understand. By "giving me your attention" you are trying to give me your energy "which i do not want". Because you do not understand what is "happening" yet, i am "choosing" to take personal responsibility for "you" on "your behalf" to point this out, with the hope that progress for "both of us" can be achieved. I do apologize for wording the last reply in such away that actually "manipulated you" into to doing this of "your own free will". I hope we both learned something from this.

When someone addresses me, I usually make an attempt to give them the attention they deserve, just as I did for you.
No apology needed, as you've manipulated no one of their "own free will".

Back on topic, I am curious as to what "you think" you can do about this, "The NYPD Declares Martial Law in Brooklyn - MSM Blackout?"

I am attempting to perform "mass mental alchemy" on "other minds". This is what i, myself in my own individual expression has chosen to do. Weather i fail or succeed is "irreverent" to me as i am testing the boundaries and expanding my own mind, which is of course my motive behind this form of communication. Why i am i doing this could best be described as "because i can" lol

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Seems we have a NYC trayvon martin like case. And we have pretty much the same reaction from the ppl who claim they want justice while destroying their own neighborhood. Stop blaming the Police,white ppl and anyone else for your issues and take responsibility!! Don't have kids at 15 and live off the taxpayers dime! Be parents to your children and not their homies! Don't go around impregnating women and not supporting them! Stop joining gangs and living the thug life! Stop looking down on ppl and calling them traitors/uncle tom for getting and education and wanting to go to college! Just stop the madness and playing the race card when thing do not go your way!! And white ppl stop the guilt trip for being White!

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman

he people of that hood are tired of police shooting them.
reply to post by intrptr

I am sure the police and law abiding citizens in "that hood" are tired of being shot at as well. I dont think the police are just arbitrarily shooting them either.

I am unclear whether you are being sarcastic, or are suggesting that these are targeted killings of innocent people. To be honest, I would actually go with the latter over the former.

16-year old kid without a weapon gets shot to death in the back... that's hard to justify, wait, not justifiable.
edit on 16-3-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikegrouchy
Funny thing.
When the citizenry may be armed.
Cops don't just shoot people down in the street.

But when the peasants don't have guns,
its just your word against theirs isn't it.

Mike Grouchy

Yeah, that's the natural order of things in this country, so. A lot of people are probably having this "it's not me" attitude. Well, it's not you *yet*.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
if its the police its not "martial law"... it has to be some form of military authority imposed over civilians.

the "police" are civilians for all that matters.

Yep. Martial law would be military control. The police are still, at the end of the day, paid civilians with guns. If police presence to a protest or riot was the equivalency of "martial law", then we would have martial law present every time there has been a protest historically. But that's not martial law--that's simply a police presence. It's just whether they are assisting in keeping the peace or just making matters worse that is up to question.

Hilarious to note that the websites promoting the idea that police presence = martial law are the usual suspects--Before it's news, What really happened, and RT. Interestingly enough, a month ago, a poster posted a link here in regards to RT's partners and What Really Happened was one of their listed partners. Here's the thread: www.abovetopsecret.com... Now that partners' page comes up with a 404 error: rt.com... See for yourself. Now they only list hotel partners....Their catch phrase is "question more". Apparently, that doesn't apply to RT, itself.

lol, there's your actual conspiracy. Considering that RT loves stimulating controversy and conspiracy within the US, I wouldn't be surprised if they took note of that thread and took that page down. For posterity's sake, the ones that I recall from the now removed partners' page were whatreallyhappened.com, news.com.au (a subsidiary of NewsCorp--"Fox"), and Huffington Post. There is also a link to Cenk Uygur of The Young Turks.

When I went to the USSR back in the 80's, the first thing that I noted was that the USSR were godly at propaganda.
edit on 16/3/13 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

edit on 16/3/13 by WhiteAlice because: there is not enough coffee in the world today to prevent my grammatical errors

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
*** KNOCK IT OFF ***

GET ON TOPIC !!!

The NYPD Declares Martial Law in Brooklyn - MSM Blackout?

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I have been following it.

Just a few thoughts - they might seem a bit irrelevant but I think they form a cohesive POINT, I'm just not 100% sure what it is yet. lol This is just my take on things, JMO

1. The first night, there was this strange pull over terminology. Is it a riot? Yes! They wanted it called RIOT because they wanted attention. Maybe they just didn't know how to get it, and needed leadership. I know there were a lot of upset, grieving people. They maybe weren't so calculating. Maybe they were...but I heard a lot of out and out threats towards cops and the people were saying RIOT. The whole thing with the Rite Aid - it seems they wanted that to be seen as a riot, or like a threat - to the cops.

2. Then some Occupy leaders got involved and starting guiding things. The people seemed to accept their leadership and started acting more like peaceful protests. This was the 2nd night. I didn't see any more 'riot' type incidents like the 1st night had at the Rite Aid. Tt started coming up that RIOTING was illegal. There were laws against it. The people were like OH. Then, OH crap. No no, don't call it a riot. It's a protest. Yeah.

3. Protesting 'Occupy' style is boring to folks maybe. Maybe there's too many rules for some. If anyone wants these protests to gain stream, they are going to have to make them more interesting, (I don't mean violent - but I could tell people were getting bored with the speeches!) because about all that got people passionate was this idea that the NYPD were the KKK of today. But by the 3rd night, there were a lot of white people out there. They wanted to help, but I think some of these folks were like ,darn, can't we even have a protest all our own? I dunno, man there was something weird about the whole thing

4. Then the cops arrested 45 I heard. I didn't hear of too much resistance from the crowd. The cops supposedly FROZE that zone. No media in or out? NO CITZENS In or out?
THAT"S THE STORY

I ain't worried about no MANipulated protest. If it isn't martial law, how is it LEGAL?

I do think there is something to the story about the 16 year old. He might have been a gang member. That is interesting to me though - at WHAT POINT do we decide a 16 year old's shooting is not worthy of worrying about?

NO, this isn't like that TRAYVON case - if you THINK it is, you must THINK his whole thing is ONLY because that kid was BLACK. This is NOTHING like that. THAT other case was 2 civilians. This was a PLAINCLOTHES cop that supposedly got out of the CAR pointing the gun, a 16 year old that was shot to death - and reported, by some at least - LEFT while the cops went back to the car - no one EVER gave ANY aid.
WHOLE thing sounded like some sort of HIT to me. but anyway....

When does the police say media can't get in and out?

And was that really OCCUPY called in, and if it was, what have they been doing? Taking a course in pacification of the people?

Or, the thought has stuck me that PERHAPS the media is STUPID enough to think it is all about race, or that it will be perceived to be, and they are AFRAID to play the race card, because that Travon thing fell apart for them - and isn't one of them getting sued? So they are like, uh, derp. Duh. Whadda we do?
edit on 17-3-2013 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

The NYPD doesn't have the legal authority to declare martial law, only the duly elected local, state or federal government can do that. If they indeed did declare martial law without lawful authorization then they are engaging in an act of insurrection.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

I think that's just an Internet rumor.
It really boils eggs that it's hard to TELL what's going on.

Perhaps the media is SCARED to get in there.

Perhaps it is all being WELL MANAGED. I think it is being well managed, I'm just not sure how much honesty and integrity are involved in the WAY it is being managed.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by thesmokingman

I dont think the police are just arbitrarily shooting them either.

Yah, but a kid... in the back? Thats what set them off. MSM isn't covering this. I bet they didn't cover the others either.

Well, we have seen this sort of thing before. No matter what the crime, there always seem to be people claiming that the person shot didn't do anything, didn't have a gun, and so forth. Unless we know who those people are, their relation to the person shot, and all of the actual details of the case, we can't really make any fair judgment. it IS possible that this was legitimate. How? Well, "kids" carry guns all the time in some areas. So, age cannot be used as a factor. The guy could have had a gun, and been waving it around in an area where he could have shot people. if that was the case, the police would have been justified in shooting, to prevent him from killing people. Yes, it's also possible that he was shot when he should not have been. In this case, though, people taking to the streets and acting out in a violent fashion (which I did actually read about a few days back), isn't a good solution.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Like you said, we weren't there. But just to stick to the facts... "3 bullets in the back". If you just think about that for a moment... and only that. There are but a few of possibilities how that could happen.

He turned and ran... and the police opened up after that. In which case he surely was not threatening them with a gun at that time. Because he was running away. After he fell, they kept firing hitting him four more times.

He was facing them and as the police opened up he instinctively turned away from the fire and was hit in front and behind as he fell to the ground. Again, turned away (instead of puling a trigger on any gun).

He was facing them when they opened fire and was struck 4 times, fell on his stomach and the police continued firing after he was face down on the ground hitting him three more times in the back.

If there are any more possibilities please list them. In each of the above cases the police used excessive force under questionable circumstances.

The police always justify shooting somebody if you haven't noticed. If they can't they always say there was a gun. Where's the gun? Wheres the shots fired? Wheres the record of said "kid" (like you said) of brandishing a firearm ever before?

The report says that eyewitnesses accuse the police of lying about a gun. The "hood" did not riot until they heard the autopsy that reported "3 bullet wounds to the back". Thats what brought them into the street several days after he died. Maybe they even know a little more than us? Something the Media isn't reporting? I mean if there was criminal activity, surely the media would have brandished it as the cause?

But they did not report this story at all, did they? Got to be some kind of clue.

And if the police are preparing to declare Martial law, then they must be oppressive anyway in that neighborhood. And what does oppression typically bring? Rioting.

Ask yourself how you would behave if the police pumped seven bullets into a teen in your "hood" and three of them were in the back... and he wasn't armed.

<< 1    3 >>

join