It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NYPD Declares Martial Law in Brooklyn - MSM Blackout?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Hello ATS, this just recently came to my attention.
I did a quick search, and could not find anything; if this has been posted before, then feel free to remove this thread.

On the heels of three nights of protests over the police slaying of 16 year old Kimani Gray, the NYPD has turned the East Flatbush neighborhood of Brooklyn into a State of Exception, claiming emergency powers to suspend the constitutional guarantees of the citizenry.

The people regularly targeted by police harassment and violence, overwhelmingly the city’s poor and minority populations, have taken to the streets to speak out against the NYPD’s draconian tactics. The police have in turn responded with even further harsh measures by suppressing the right of the people to voice dissatisfaction with that very same police force.

Source

Another Source, please examine

This seems to be getting out of hand. Martial Law is not something lightly passed, and yet hardly any mention from the news at all?

The story seems to be surrounded by a 16 year old, who was killed by the police.
Pretty sick that this is the way they make up for it, by waving the citizens' rights.

Of course it is no surprise we'll hear very little of this.
We've never been able to rely on the big media for the truth.
Luckily we've got the internet, so we are not so divided that we aren't even aware of Martial Law breaking out in our own country.

If you're a Brooklyn resident, stay safe out there and please contribute any details as to what is going on.

edit on 15-3-2013 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I've been following the situation for a few days,www.abovetopsecret.com... not that I care if there is another thread.
I watched the ustream tonight and it was very quite, the whole movement seems to be losing momentum over the past two nights.
edit on 15-3-2013 by tanda7 because: eta

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

Thanks --- the new search function is pretty whack.

Hopefully others who were not aware of the state of Martial Law & media black out will now be awake to this recent development.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
if its the police its not "martial law"... it has to be some form of military authority imposed over civilians.

the "police" are civilians for all that matters.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
Hello ATS, this just recently came to my attention.
I did a quick search, and could not find anything; if this has been posted before, then feel free to remove this thread.

On the heels of three nights of protests over the police slaying of 16 year old Kimani Gray, the NYPD has turned the East Flatbush neighborhood of Brooklyn into a State of Exception, claiming emergency powers to suspend the constitutional guarantees of the citizenry.

The people regularly targeted by police harassment and violence, overwhelmingly the city’s poor and minority populations, have taken to the streets to speak out against the NYPD’s draconian tactics. The police have in turn responded with even further harsh measures by suppressing the right of the people to voice dissatisfaction with that very same police force.

Source

Another Source, please examine

This seems to be getting out of hand. Martial Law is not something lightly passed, and yet hardly any mention from the news at all?

The story seems to be surrounded by a 16 year old, who was killed by the police.
Pretty sick that this is the way they make up for it, by waving the citizens' rights.

Of course it is no surprise we'll hear very little of this.
We've never been able to rely on the big media for the truth.
Luckily we've got the internet, so we are not so divided that we aren't even aware of Martial Law breaking out in our own country.

If you're a Brooklyn resident, stay safe out there and please contribute any details as to what is going on.

edit on 15-3-2013 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

Thank you for bringing this to "my awareness". Now that you have brought this to "my awareness", i am curious as to what "you think" you can do about this, "The NYPD Declares Martial Law in Brooklyn - MSM Blackout?"

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
16 year old kid shot dead by police. 7 bullets, three in the back. Cops say he had a gun. Eyewitnesses refute that. Rioting in Brooklyn. Last night 46 people were arrested.

The people of that hood are tired of police shooting them. It has reached a boiling point. They are in the streets. RT been covering this, I have been watching the reports. I think the boy was shot last friday(?) but tempers flared after the autopsy report became public.

One protester with a bullhorn is heard to yell, "You are supposed to be protecting the children, not killing them!"

RT

Found the first reports of this on RT (earlier this week) Calling for revolution... they must be pissed up there.

edit on 15-3-2013 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePhysicalExperience

Well I am definitely not buying myself a ticket to Brooklyn just to try out their local prison cells.

I've done my part, share this knowledge; be not afraid, but aware & prepared.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Found an interesting story on this here.

From the article:

The NYPD sergeant and cop involved in the fatal shooting of Brooklyn 16-year-old Kimani Gray have been named in five federal lawsuits — which cost the city a total of $215,000 in settlements, court records show.

These are unrelated to the Gray case.

“Our clients’ interactions with Sgt. Mourad and Officer Cordova expose a disturbing pattern of unconstitutional and aggressive stop-and-frisk practices,” said lawyer Brett Klein, who filed four of the five suits.
“In each case, Mourad and Cordova attempted to cover up their misconduct by falsifying and fabricating evidence.”

Both Mourad and Cordova had each been involved in a previous shooting, which were deemed to be within department guidelines.

Obviously I have no proof, but both officers seem to have a record indicative of their particular flavor of policing. I wonder where that .38 came from.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
if its the police its not "martial law"... it has to be some form of military authority imposed over civilians.

the "police" are civilians for all that matters.

According to FIERCE, the “frozen zone” in East Flatbush is being used to prevent media from covering the protests and arrests.

Meanwhile, people inside the “frozen zone” can be subjected to arrest merely by exercising their constitutional rights. “It basically means the area is under temporary martial law,” writes FIERCE.

“The last times the NYPD declared a Frozen Zone was on the 10th anniversary of 9/11 and during the beginning of OWS.”

^ In my second source.

Things are definitely firing up in NY, regardless of whether the man holding the rubber bullets & tear gas has cammo on his military-grade fatigues or not.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

he people of that hood are tired of police shooting them.
reply to post by intrptr

I am sure the police and law abiding citizens in "that hood" are tired of being shot at as well. I dont think the police are just arbitrarily shooting them either.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

I dont think the police are just arbitrarily shooting them either.

Yah, but a kid... in the back? Thats what set them off. MSM isn't covering this. I bet they didn't cover the others either.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by tanda7
I think somebody (physicalexperience) is in the St. Paddy's day spirits. Posting while drunk is only funny when everyone else is drunk also.
edit on 16-3-2013 by tanda7 because: clarity

But "we all" can get drunk from "drinking our own cool aid" metaphorically speaking.
The trick is to know "whose cool aid" to drink in the first place.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I understand and am concerned with the situation but...

2 attractive women reporting..."OMG" "TWEET" "TWITTER" FACEBOOK"...Especially when you have a kid...blah, blah, blah...and then to state "I had no idea what was happening".

Are these the fluff dispensers we need to report this?

This report looks like an attempt to soften the real news, make it sensationalistic in a "flash in the pan" moment and look sexy doing it. Just to make it look like an American Idol moment in order to show the public..."Stay tuned for next week's episode"...So there's a week of absolute idiocy waiting for the next Crap Fest.

So many will fall for it unfortunately.

Peace

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePhysicalExperience

Originally posted by tanda7
I think somebody (physicalexperience) is in the St. Paddy's day spirits. Posting while drunk is only funny when everyone else is drunk also.
edit on 16-3-2013 by tanda7 because: clarity

But "we all" can get drunk from "drinking our own cool aid" metaphorically speaking.
The trick is to know "whose cool aid" to drink in the first place.

I drink water (No Kool-Aid added)

Whiskey is good chaser for water(Truth) too though.

I don't see your question as combative, rather you are not content with just being aware; you want action.
When it comes to action, you must act on a local level. Spreading awareness is the first step. Second step: Vote.

...And when voting fails? Protest. (See a pattern here?)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

Yes people sue the police after getting arrested all the time. DO you honestly believe that all the cases have merit? Funny thing in the NY papers it was also mentioned that another witness heard the cops telling the kid to drop his weapon. Too bad I can't find that article from Thursday. Rather typical. Why is it that the cops are blamed right away but no one questions a 16 year old with quite the police record for his age has a gun. Thing is lots of gun violence comes from that area and they export it. Maybe it time for the "adults" to admit they are failing their kids.

<<   2  3 >>

join