It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreign exchange student accuses McDonald's of exploiting employees with no overtime and appalling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

A foreign exchange student from Argentina says he paid $3,000 to participate in a work travel program with McDonald's but claims the fast-food franchise failed to pay overtime and constantly threatened to deport the workers if they complained.

Jorge Rios, 27, has accused a McDonald's franchise in Harrisburg, Penn. of exploiting 18 students from Latin America and Asia, who paid between $3,000 to $4,000 to participate in the U.S. State Department’s J-1 Summer Work Travel Program.

Source

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Directive5120

McDonald's wont pay overtime to ANYONE, period. If you go over 40 hours even though no fault of your own you will be fired, and they deduct 30 minutes from your time for break even if all you got was a 5 minute break or no break at all. They are the absolute worst about altering people's time- the store manager does it by computer as the time clock is computerized and tied into the system. They take advantage of those who are desperate for work or just plain ignorant of labor laws. I could go on a full page tirade about McDonald's but I will spare you my rantings.

join