It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new google app TLDR being advertised here on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Could someone explain to me how that liquid helium technology works. Thank you.
edit on 14-3-2013 by allbab because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by allbab

Say what? The thread title doesn't seem to match your post. And I can't figure out what your post is getting at, regardless of thread title.

I have been slightly annoyed with the TLDR ads. Not sure exactly why, but I've been very wary of it for some reason... They sure are advertising over here pretty hard.
edit on 14-3-2013 by Heliophant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Heliophant

Thats because the it is Sceptic Overlords cute lil babby! I'm not keen on the cartoony sloth, doesn't interest me enough in checking the app out. (sorry SO, market research from me perhaps?).

So yeah, that's why its here. But what that has to do with helium? Oh, hang about, I think SO was involved in some other software called helium?

edit:
yup, The liquid Helium is the software that searches text to pick out the meaningful stuff. I'm guessing that TLDR uses that tech.
Linky

Is it magic? Yes. All sufficiently advanced science is indistinguishable from magic. Actually, the plugin uses Liquid Helium, our language heuristics engine, to analyze and understand long-form content. The plugin then synopsizes it — reducing content to a more desirable length of text, by analyzing the content's language usage and writing style. We use “fluff” detectors that can remove sentences that are extraneously long, wordy, overly detailed, repetitive, redundant, unnecessary (in other words, sentences like this one). This leaves you with a concise version of the content that can be easily expanded back if parts or all of an article sparks your interests.

edit on 14-3-2013 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

I downloaded it just to see what it was. It is quite the useful app to keep up on what's happening without investing the time to read 1/2-3/4 of the article, just to find out it wasn't what you thought it was.

I kinda like it.

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Trolls
Love
Discrediting
Research!

edit on 15-3-2013 by tinhattribunal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mbernardin

The ads annoy me and I prefer to read all of the article.

It might miss something important otherwise....

join