It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Extract Water From Thin Air

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Imagine if one day the power goes out on a nationwide scale, the water stops running and becomes scarce. How will you survive? Start thinking about collecting water from the atmosphere, there is over three quadillions of it floating around the atmosphere right now. And if you made the mistake of not storing water, this might be your only hope. Here are a few Atmospheric Water Collecting tips!

______beforeitsnews/self-sufficiency/2013/03/how-to-extract-water-from-thin-air-2454224.html

Thought I would share this. It is basic knowledge but useful and important to know. How to extract water from the surrounding air. The article goes through a few different methods and a method of water filtration.

Here are two methods shown below.

edit on 14-3-2013 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Make you pack those plastic bags in your survival kit.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Any liquified gas circulating in coiled (copper) tubing through heat convection with sufficient air flow over the coils will condense water out of the air.

Examples; why your car drips water in the summer when you run the A/C. Why any window unit A/C drips water.

Keep a small container with coiled tubing attached for looped circulation that has a fitting to fill the container with any liquid gas; Freon, Oxy, etc.
Container should be insulated against heating with copper coiled tubing bare.

Fanning air over the coiled copper tubing will create circulation of the liquid gas inside the container through the tubes, where then condensation will collect on the cooled coiled tubes.

Best used in warm to hotter conditions.

edit on 14-3-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
From what I've heard the Transpiration bag provides more water than the solar still method.
At least that's what the wilderness survival trainer Gene Ward said when I watched his video.

He showed by using the Transpiration bag he was able to collect a handful of water that he claimed would have taken all day using a solar still.

edit on 14-3-2013 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Would I just use googlesearch on my phone
to show me where the water is??
jeezzz

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I'm pretty sure the idea is that this is for a situation where your phone is now a paperweight...

I suppose if you were without other ways to get water, these would work, but would take a while to get a sufficient quantity. Still, better than nothing....

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
As emplacement solutions, if there's no body of water, river, or aquifer to tap there's:
Air Wells and Dew Ponds.

If you own land without access to any ready water source, you may consider building one of these long term emplacement solutions.
An Air Well can supply tens, and hundreds or more gallons of water a day in the right conditions, built to sufficient size for demands.

Further, instead of making your own portable atmospheric water condenser as described in my previous post, you can also buy a high-tech ready-made solution:
NJORD Portable Atmospheric Water Condenser

edit on 15-3-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Both of these methods are viable and can be found in military survival manuals dating back to the 40's. The transpiration bag takes its water from the plant through the leaves, just be sure the plant is not toxic or has characteristics which make the water unpalatable (such as sage)
The second (solar still) takes water from natural ground water evaporation and is totally dependent on ground saturation level. Some areas this wont work for obvious reasons.

Water is a primary need so you better find a way to fulfil it. Just remember that if you have a great plan there is probably another thousand or more with the same plan....just saying.

PS I taught these concepts to the military back in the late 70's early 80's so I got a little clue on whats going on

Have a great day

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

This one is great
You can dig one on the beach, dig down to the water and you'll practically have an endless supply as the evaporation leaves the salt behind.

Or you can just piss in the hole and it will purify your urine. Pee in another container if the hole just leaks down through the soil.

edit on 18/3/13 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Are you saying that you can get fresh water by digging down into beach sand. I will try that plenty of sandy beaches here...

top topics

join