It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US have increased their oil output by at least 900,000 barrels a day and done it in just a year.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

Not sure what the east coast has to do with drilling in Western ND.
I am smack dab in the middle of ND for the last 15 years, I can tell you this winter in the bakken was nothing compared to the last three.

Also I am interested in what part of MN you live at where it is 80 degrees in March, as we have a hunting camp in the cloquet MN area and in March we are usual still playing in the snow.

edit on 16-3-2013 by starskipper because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2013 by starskipper because: spelling

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by starskipper
reply to post by Res Ipsa

Not sure what the east coast has to do with drilling in Western ND.
I am smack dab in the middle of ND for the last 15 years, I can tell you this winter in the bakken was nothing compared to the last three.

Also I am interested in what part of MN you live at where it is 80 degrees in March, as we have a hunting camp in the cloquet MN area and in March we are usual still playing in the snow.

edit on 16-3-2013 by starskipper because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2013 by starskipper because: spelling

This winter was not nearly as mild as last....people on the east coast would agree....I was golfing last year on this date here in Minnesota and it was 80 degrees...St Patrick's day, 2012.....so I might be a day off.
I don't know what the temp was in Cloquet on that date, Hinkley is the temperature border between the Cities and Northern Minnesota but I'm sure it wasn't that different....for 10 years Cloquet was the nearest place for me to buy normal groceries. (don't want to narrow it down from there)
We are talking about January 2013 production being effected by snow not cold.
One of my wells was not effected but I'm sure those waiting on fracking were, in fact I have it on good authority that they were and especially those wells that are miles down twisting dirt roads not hook up to pipes and rely solely on trucks to transport the oil.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I believe he Execs of big oil corporation are into speculation, selling the oil to front speculation companies they control and buying it back.
This increases the cost of the oil and the final product.

In Calif they have other tricks like stock piling before bi yearly shutdowns.
the speculator bid on these stock piles thinking the shutdown in production of the refinery will cause a shortage. the higher price is bogus as in truth there is not a shortage just a price increase due to the speculation

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

www.eia.gov...

there ya go.

find me an article that shows the U.S.A. sending a single oil tanker full of crude to another country that has purchased it.........It is a matter of national security why we don't export our "unrefined" black gold.

I see no reason for me to search google when you have a computer also. The fact that they are proposing legislation to stop oil and NG exports overseas should be telling enough.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I havent followed the tech in a few years. But as of 2009 they were making nanogenerators out of barium titanate and increasing lifespan considerably while still doubling electric current

The idea isnt capturing building motion. It is capturing ambient energy. Create the generators so that you are able to generate a harmony with the Schumann Resonance. It is always there, the heartbeat of the Earth.

You could also tune the generators into other waves, like various sound waves (in larger cities and near highways, where there is always noise). The energy is all around us. We just arent using our technology to harvest it.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Don't forget bridges.

Railroad tracks.

Was there ever a thread on barium titanate nanogenerators? Seems like it, or at least there should be.

Tesla experimented with this long ago.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Somewhere in one of these threads i discuss it, along with a few other things:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teye22
...and the price at the pumps keep rising! Geeeez....What's wrong with this picture?

Thanks for posting.
edit on 14-3-2013 by Teye22 because: (no reason given)

Prices will keep rising as oil is (seemingly) a finite resource. Increasing production is a good short term economic measure, but it's undeniable that it effects the long term viability of US oil - assuming we accept the conventional estimates over remaining stocks and replenishment rates, of course.

Think yourself lucky that you live in a major oil nation - the price of gas on US pumps is about 60% lower than in the UK - it's the reason I live and work downtown and don't maintain a car of my own. Our public transport is good though, if a little pricey.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior

reply to post by Cancerwarrior

www.eia.gov...

there ya go.

find me an article that shows the U.S.A. sending a single oil tanker full of crude to another country that has purchased it.........It is a matter of national security why we don't export our "unrefined" black gold.

I see no reason for me to search google when you have a computer also. The fact that they are proposing legislation to stop oil and NG exports overseas should be telling enough.

yes it is telling...they don't want us to start exporting.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Big deal it's not like we the people will see much of this wealth or lower fuel prices. The people at the top are just going to hoard it. The system will just get even more corrupt.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

guess your not one of the thousands working in North Dakota

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Ok...you got me to read the stupid article so you win...you got me to waste my time....that article is crap.

As soon as I read 1 to 2% recovery I should have just stopped dead. The article is almost void of any merit what so ever.......If you care to debate it, bring it on.

What the article points out is that non-conventional production has lower energy returns and steeper decline curves. That's why expected total production for North America in a decade is 12 Mb/d. The problem is that current consumption for the U.S. alone is 19 Mb/d, and that has to remain high in order for economic growth to continue.

Globally, we're looking at only a 9-pct increase in energy produced for all oil and gas sources in two decades, but oil consumption has to rise by 2 pct a year to maintain growth. And that 9-pct increase, BTW, is based on the assumption that conventional production won't follow historical flow rates.

So much for bringing it on.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

That article didn't talk about the current rush for shale oil. We have the Cline here. I hear that there is one even bigger in Colorado that is being fleshed out.

Actually, it does.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeyluv

Wanna know what the risk of starting a debate with a 4 month old post?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by larapa

Despite the fracking naysayers, I'm all for this. Wanna solve our international entanglements? This is the way, guys.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Wanna know what the risk of starting a debate with a 4 month old post?

There are risks only if this topic is obsolete, but I doubt that that will happen.

edit on 23-7-2013 by monkeyluv because: edited

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join