It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's largest 'flawless' diamond up for Auction.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Lets see who wins the auction for this beauty. Just like the olympic records that are broken every 4 years, this one has caught attention. I'm still trying to grasp the numbers. 20 Million USD estimated for a piece of rock?

Absolute perfection: World's largest 'flawless' diamond could sell for more than $20million
Experts say exceptionally rare gem meets every criteria of perfection
Carved from 236-carat rough diamond found in Jwaneng Mine, Botswana
Twice size of similar 'flawless' diamond which recently sold for $9.4million

The pear-shaped diamond is one of only a handful in the world that to have been graded by experts to have both perfect colour and clarity.
And at 101.73 carats it is more than twice the size of a similar 'flawless' diamond which recently sold for $9.4million.
SOURC E

edit on 14-3-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I just need them to ship it to my home address. Oh, and please wrap it in plain paper so the Wife doesn't guess what I bought her on a spur of the moment impulse.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Damn thats pretty.... expensive

DONT DROP IT!!!

oh wait its diamond

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Ahhhh, there is the darned thing!

i was burgled a couple of months ago and wondered where that blumming thing had gone!?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Was that days after a rather large insurance policy was taken out on it by any chance?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

*Coughs and splutters his coffee all over his keyboard*...

What? Who? When? Who? Me?... I have no idea what you are implicating!!!? Honest!

Erm... don't know what you are talking about?

Seriously though, what would someone do with a diamond as big as that apart from put it in a safe away from pilching hands?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus
reply to post by Biigs

Seriously though, what would someone do with a diamond as big as that apart from put it in a safe away from pilching hands?
Ask that question to the queen of england
or any other royalty or monarchy in the world

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Ah, yes, i forgot, bring it out once a year and get all dressed up just to piddle off the lower classes in showing them how stinking rich you are!

Make you sick really doesn't it, something as valuable as that diamond would get a lot of extremely poor people out of so much misery...

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus
reply to post by hp1229

Make you sick really doesn't it, something as valuable as that diamond would get a lot of extremely poor people out of so much misery...
Rodinus
Completey agree with you on that.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Hey, i commented that you shouldn't drop it, but it wouldnt matter then i thought...

If you dropped a hand sized cannon ball, would you scream? No you'd say 'whoops' and hope the floor was ok.

If you dropped a hand sized cannon ball worth 20 million, would you scream? You know its a cannon ball and will be fine, so probably no

Now if you dropped a FAR tougher material like a diamond, as beautiful as this one above worth 20 million, would you scream? I WOULD AND I DONT KNOW WHY! you'd have to drop it into a diamond milling machine that was on to hurt the damned thing!!!

odd

join