It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient prophecies point to Pope Francis being the last

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   

www.perthnow.com.au

WHEN the great 16th Century prophet Nostradamus stared into the future, he described the fate of the final pope with eerie detail. And the first sign will soon be in our skies.

The 266th pope now sits on the Throne of St Peter. According to the pen of several prophets, he will be the last.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 3/14/2013 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
The link to the news site...........www.perthnow.com.au...

First off,please visit the link! it has a a few other bits that are interesting and a slide show of past apocalypse fails and the quatrains in question.

When I was young I was riveted to know how in the world Nostradamus could posssibly foresee the future, especially "man sets foot on Lunar" (words to that effect) along with others with striking accuracy,that was a long time ago and have all but forgotten about him,other than watching a documentry and taping it (crappy VHS) at the time narrated by John Waters back in about 1996 and Nostradamus mentions the burning of the New City (I`ll do another post on this latter after digging through the old tape.)

But many of his quatrains can be bent and mangled to fit many things.

Obviously I`ll be on the fence with this one but will be watching with pop corn as its peeked my interest and this being on our news site a lot of people will be watching.

Also please visit FortAnthem`s thread MALARKEY: The dubious origins of the St Malachy prophecies which I also found an interesting take on the prophecies mentioned in the news link.

edit on 14-3-2013 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Thats weird none of the links worked the news site is....www.perthnow.com.au...

The quatrains from the link above...

Quatrain II.46

"The great star for seven days shall burn

So nakedly clear like two suns appearing

The large dog all night howling

While the great Pontiff shall change his territory."

Astronomers have announced that Comet Ison, which will pass later this year, could end up being brighter than the moon - if it survives its encounter with the sun.

This has been seized upon as evidence that Nostradamus's words are about to come to pass.

Another of Nostradamus's writings has also been associated with the end of the Catholic Church:

Quatrain VI.6:

There will appear towards the North

Not far from Cancer the bearded star:

Susa, Siena, Boeotia, Eretria,

The great one of Rome will die, the night over.
.....................................................................................................................
It is the writings of Saint Malachy, an archbishop of the 1100s, which definitively states this will be the pope of the end times.

A Benedictine monk claimed to have discovered in 1595 a collection of the Saint's papers where he had purportedly secretly written down 112 brief but vague prophecies. Each is associated with the reign of an individual pope.

The last phrase applies to Pope Francis:

Verse 112:

"In the final persecution of the Holy Roman Church, there will sit Peter the Roman, who will pasture his sheep in many tribulations, and when these things are finished, the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the dreadful judge will judge his people. The End."

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Thought this whole thing was odd, but I did a double take when the MSM started dissecting his chosen name, Francis.....there have been a couple of st francis over the years, but that choosing francis shows that one or both of his parents are italian for that is a very popular saint in Italy......follows the prophecy, doesn't have to be a current resident of italy, but possibly a close decedent....in addition, everything they are saying is that 'he will fix the problems with the church'....it was almost identical rhetoric that we heard with Obama.......

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
The Comet Ison announcement has put Nostradamus back on the scene for me. Some said he meant 2012 but nothing happened.. Only a year later though, he could be right. It makes you wonder thats for sure and I'm not going to let go of the 2012 thing yet just incase they were a year or so out

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Yeah I`m with you on that!

The end of the Catholic Church? now something monumental would have to take place for that to happen and if this pope is the last,then the question is why and what circumstances are to bring this about.

Here`s hoping Comet Ison doesn`t crash into the sun and burns in our sky giving us two suns for 7 days as the quatrain goes.

We`ve gotta have one decent event to look forward to and more than likely be disapointed about,don`t we?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
S&F because you did a lot of work and left it open for others to interpret instead of cramming it down people's throats

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Ah, Nostradamus.

But what about that most famous one where in 1999 and seven months, the King of terror will come from the sky, and there will be wars.

Funny, nobody ever mentions that one anymore.
Its been dumped in the bin, like last week's leftover sushi.

edit on 14-3-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Still trying to salvage this rubbish eh? The Malachi prophecy failed epicly so we're turning to Nostradamus instead?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
Ah, Nostradamus.

But what about that most famous one where in 1999 and seven months, the King of terror will come from the sky, and there will be wars.

Roughly 2 years out from 9-11,I`ll give him a bit of a break,maybe his divination device was a bit wonkey that day,or he forgot to calculate and allow for leap years

But my Mrs just found the old crappy tape which is nearly all but destroyed,as VHS tapes do over the years and wrote down for me what was said about the "New City"...

9-11 reference? The show was made in 1989 and narrated by John Waters "The Prophocies of Nostradamus The Final Chapter"

" The sky will burn at 45 degrees
fire approaches the great new city
immediately a huge scattered flame leaps up
a dreadful war which is prepared in the west"

45 degrees

45°0′N 74°54′W

United States

New York - for about 10 km
45th parallel north

I`m still on the fence with this one alfa 1

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Ah, Nostradamus.

Well the thing with Nostradamus prophecies are that they are not meant to be taken literally as most who have studied or read them know. For the 1-99-9 king of terror, some things could be done.. How about 9-11-1? The king of Terror was and still is Osama Bin Laden.. But thats just an example and I'm not saying thats what the prophecy meant either.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
Still trying to salvage this rubbish eh? The Malachi prophecy failed epicly so we're turning to Nostradamus instead?

Well there are a couple of things you should understand. The new pope is a Jesuit, The leader of The Jesuits has been known to be the Black Pope himself.. If you look at the legacy of the Jesuits, they are not a religious wing of the Catholic church, they are a military/spy agency and you can see this on their symbol... Notice how at the bottom it looks like 3 fighter jets are fly upwards?

edit on 14-3-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala

Mainly I posted it because the MSM was running it,I do find it interesting.

But by implying that I`m still trying,when its the first time I`ve made a thread about it and if memory serves correct I talked about it once in a thread many years ago so this doesn`t make much sense to me,maybe you should have been silentKoala on that.

You want to attack,then attack the info in the link provided.

Show were its wrong or come to a reason why the MSM are running with it etc.

NO! star for you.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
While I hadn't gotten to tapping into Nostradamus just yet.. there is another thread from yesterday that was started about this same topic - albeit without the Nostra-proph thus far.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Verrrrry interesting!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I once read somewhere that translated into English, Nostradamus means "the gullibly feckless denizens of earth's future".

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Um .. not really 'breaking news' ...

Considering that this fella is 76 and has only one lung, and considering the
rigors of the office, I'm sure that probably within the next 10 years we'll find
out if he's really 'the last pope' or not ...

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Um .. not really 'breaking news' ...

I thought the same thing, hence my thread in Religious Conspiracy forum.. but it gets buried there, so I presume the OP was posted in THIS forum for the attention it would garner.

@ ChasingBrahman - so read the other thread linked? No mention of Nostradamus there, and it explores both St Francis of Assisi and St Francis de Sales the Jesuit as possible namesake patrons of the new pope.

Also, pending his being 'the last pope', theres arguments FOR and arguments AGAINST that idea. Guh, it's all there!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Ah, Nostradamus.

Strangely enough, it was mentioned just 2 days ago here ...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Spooky, eh, but still complete tosh IMHO.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

" The sky will burn at 45 degrees
fire approaches the great new city
immediately a huge scattered flame leaps up
a dreadful war which is prepared in the west"

ummm... i'll translate...

A nuke fly's towards NYC incoming on a 45degree angle, America responds with a volley of ICBM's , WW3 erupts *as planned* in the "west" aka.. Russia/China/Middle East.

Great thread, S&F incoming

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

I think only the corrupted leaders of Israel can decide who is the last. the former Pop was not so aligned with Zionists. just consider so much unfolding of corruption stories of churches in the media for putting pressures on former Pop. you may blame me for accusing zionists. but this is what I really think !

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join