It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NM Police Dept. Scrutinized Over Adversary's Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

NM Police Dept. Scrutinized Over Adversary's Death

news.yahoo.com

An autopsy found the carbon monoxide level in Han's blood to be 84.8 percent, and the medical examiner declared her death a suicide. However, the family's lawsuit notes that Han's car was outfitted with a device to shut it down before toxic amounts of carbon monoxide could be released, and that it was neither running nor had run out of gas when Han was found.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.krqe.com
onlyinnewmexico.blogspot.com

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The question is not whether or not Mary Han was murdered, but by whom. Could be police, or other enemies she has made while being an aggressive foul mouth advocate for the under dog.

Very interesting to say the least.

The APD does seem to have quite a few issues, but so does New Mexico in general when it comes to authority figures. Who can forget the story of Stephen Slevin who was kept in solitary for 22 months for pretty much no reason.

So what's everyone's take on Ms. Han's death?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

The more I read about it... the stranger it gets. It seems the police covered up evidence, whether it was the result of incompetence or malice remains to be seen. Weird.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Albuquerque is a crazy place, we call it AlbuCrazy. Nothing I here about that city surprises me anymore.

You may find it interesting to know that the TV show COPS is no longer allowed to film there.
I once saw a guy standing in the middle of the highway there...

...wearing a metal mop bucket on his head.
I kid you not.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

I take it then that anything shown on COPS would have painted the city in a negative light. Wow, sounds like a very special place, not too dissimilar to Florida.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Very odd to say the least....

Her car door was open, as well as the car window....most would assume they would both be closed if someone was trying to commit suicide. Right?

Also, If it was indeed a suicide then, how in the world did the valuable jewelry just disappear? $100,000 worth of jewelry just gone????

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

Right, it's so obviously a murder case, yet somehow it was deemed a suicide almost immediately. Someone planned this, not very well, and stole her jewelry. It's BS that the cops dropped the ball.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

Right, it's so obviously a murder case, yet somehow it was deemed a suicide almost immediately. Someone planned this, not very well, and stole her jewelry. It's BS that the cops dropped the ball.

It is all very suspect...that is for certain.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Anyone else like to add to this? I figured it might be hard to get some responses on this, however the story/situation is right up an ATSer's alley. Any ideas, or something we've missed?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I agree, the investigation was sloppy, but there is an alternative to murder. IMO it could have been accidental.

A theory-She took an Ambien to help relax and in the haze of the drug, she went out to her car, drink in hand, and started it. She left the door to the house open along the way. She sat in the car, feet propped up, and started to feel dizzy so she rolled down the window. It didn't seem to help so she popped open the door. To weak to walk now, she passes out. At some point, the Co2 detector in the car cuts the engine, but it was too late. The missing jewelry could be a officer on the scene with sticky fingers.

It's just a theory, but just as possible as the suicide or murder ones. Actually IMO, it's more plausible. Ambien has been known to cause people to do strange things that they don't remember. She might not have even know what she was doing was dangerous.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by lynn112

I like your theory, but why would she start the car, if she had no intention of leaving?

I suppose all of it could boil down to her doing seemingly nonsensical things because she was awake and on sleeping meds, odd things happen, but I don't know that it could explain away everything besides the rings.

...and don't forget....

The lawsuit also contends the carbon monoxide level is "incredibly high" and, therefore, an "improbable cause of death" from ambient exposure.

So unless she was sucking on the tail pipe directly she probably shouldn't be dead, unless C0 was administered to her. Passed out on ambien it be pretty easy to use a mask attached to a C0 tank to do the job. Just a thought.
edit on 15-3-2013 by Osiris1953 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I noticed that her levels were over 80%, rather high, but I have no clue how Ambien may affect a persons breathing and if it could have made her lungs absorb more of the Co2.

Like I said, the investigation was not done well. so all the facts will likely never be known. I just think that if an officer murdered her, he/she would have done a better job in the scene setup. All the little things make for a messy murder coverup and I know it's possible that the person(s) who did it might just be stupid, but I have my doubts considering the level of sloppy here.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Osiris1953

I am so glad that this thread is here! Being from the city this happened in and having worked in the same arena as she did (me on a much lower level, however), I can assure you there was no intent for her to commit suicide! She had bigs plans in the works and lots of stuff coming down the pipe. There are STILL far too many unanswered questions remaining. Too many top brass in APD & the city have either moved out of state, retired, have been fired, OR promoted with great raises.

The family's lawsuit was just tossed out in NM Federal court (and just last night the City filed a motion for fees!) Now, the family's attorney has appealed up to the Denver US Court of Appeals.

If I hear of anything new, I will pass it along.

top topics

join