It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS announces second $4.5 million gun purchase in less than a week

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The Department of Homeland Security posted details of a no bid contract with weapons manufacturer Sig Sauer, worth $4.5 million over the next five years. last week, the DHS made $900,000 worth contract of "replacement parts" a year with Heckler & Koch. And in April 2012, DHS purchased $143,000 worth of submachine guns from Heckler & Koch. This comes on the back of the news that DHS is purchasing 2,717 'Mine Resistant Protected' vehicles for urban use. Just who is Obama expecting to use the DHS against on American soil?
www.examiner.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Well, how else is Obama supposed to fundamentally transform America?

Is that gun fire I hear?

No. It's the sound of Hope and Change.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Just who is Obama expecting to use the DHS against on American soil?

Its fairly obvious that they are preparing for war with the American public, to eradicate all those who might dare to want to be independent, and refuse to bow to the every whim of the rogue government regime in DC.

All the purchasing of war implements and the building of concentration camps all INSIDE the US kinda give it away... to bad most of the country is so #ing stupid theyll never see it coming, and even after its here, they wont even then be able to figure it out. All theyll know is that they have the latest "smart" phone, the liquor store is still stocked, McDonalds is still open, the TV still works, facebook is still up, and their mercury filled light bulbs are still lit.

Sad state of affairs.
edit on 3/13/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

The first purchase isn't very much.

At the rate the government pays for those machine guns, its not a stretch that they might be at least be 2.5k a piece.

I dont know how much they actually pay, but I know its way more than a civilian would pay.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
who is the enemy?

we are that enemy.

give me liberty or give me death...
edit on 13-3-2013 by bjax9er because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Looks like an order for 1,000 units at $4,500 per unit to me. Not a shocking number of rifles, but with the recent orders it doesn't look good either.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Well, after all. "Power does come from the barrel of a gun."

Mao said it first and Cass Sunstein repeated it.

I think I know where this Admin sits with regards to my rights.

In other words, they don't give a damn.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

According to the Basic Ordering Agreement associated with this RFP, he's trying to help the agencies that keep folks off American soil who shouldn't be here.

SCOPE OF WORK:

The ICE, National Firearms and Tactical Training Unit (NFTTU) provides armory support services to DHS law enforcement personnel to include ICE, FPS, and CBP. This agreement will assist the National Firearms and Tactical Training Unit (NFTTU) in meeting its requirement for replacement parts for Sig Sauer Weapons Parts.

Acronyms...

ICE - U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement

CBP - U.S. Customs and Border Protection

FPS - The Federal Protective Service is a federal law enforcement agency that provides integrated security and law enforcement services to federally owned and leased buildings, facilities, properties and other assets.

So, these are replacement parts for guns to protect U.S. borders and federal buildings.

edit on 13-3-2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Do you really think President Obama even knows about this?
I mean really, a gun / supply buy for the DHS, do you think he'd even bother to look?

Odds on it's someone in DHS with their own set of plans for America, for all we know DHS could be working for North Korea Kim. One thing I noticed in the remake of Red Dawn was all the HumV's with NK stickers slapped on them. Who is to say this isn't prep for something like that.

More than likely it's not that though.

I'm not surprised at the purchase of the MRAPCs, after all it's part of the normal military industrial complex to sell stuff to the state and local government if they have a surplus of them. Which they will have due to the drawing down of Afghanistan, so it'd be a smart move to unload the surplus onto the local/fed market and keep a maintenance contract open.

It's not like they would want to keep a surplus of new vehicles in their inventory if no one will buy them.

M.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
its a 5 year fixed contract which probably will cover any problems with the guns for a fixed price and include a regular service, it seems like the DHS is looking at securing its funding for the next five years and i'm sure if you looked hard enough its probably doing the same for A4 paper, paper clips and who knows what else of stuff that they use down to underwear for arrested people

Having worked in government and spent time looking at contracts its better generally to get a fixed price contract as while if things go well you dont need the contract as much but if theres a problem and it requires expensive costs to fix it doesn't cost the tax payer an extra dime even if it costs the supplier a fortune.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Regardless of the intentions behind all these weaponry contracts, the mere fact that the contracts are so easily accessible for government to participate in while the citizens can't even figure out where to buy brass needed to make their own ammo speaks volumes as to an obvious deceit. Apparently equal opportunity can't be applied to government... just employment.

Becoming an ex-pat seems more and more a common sense move as the days roll on.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

You! .They are comming for you Violater!...Oh crap...I have said too much...

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I am pretty sure if they were planning a war against the American people they would not being buying guns and ammo and releasing it to the public. 4.9 mil on a replacement contract over the next 5 years in not much at all. Also I though everyone figured out the whole anti mine thing was bunk or are we just pretending we do not know that. Kind of like the ammo thing where we pretend they bought a bunch of ammo instead of setting a contact price for x amount of the next fews years.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

keeping people of U.S. soil hunh?

hey wanta buy a bridge?
or maybe some swampland?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

hey wanta buy a bridge?
or maybe some swampland?

No, but I have clues for sale if you are interested.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

he's trying to help the agencies that keep folks off American soil who shouldn't be here.

ICE - U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement

CBP - U.S. Customs and Border Protection

I'm sorry, but, it doesn't seem that they are trying too awfully hard to keep illegals out since they are given medical coverage, food stamps, federal college grants, tax exemptions, and the like.

If there is such an effort to keep them out, why is it that they are being coddled by the government through all of these benefits?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

I'm sorry, but, it doesn't seem that they are trying too awfully hard to keep illegals out since they are given medical coverage, food stamps, federal college grants, tax exemptions, and the like.

Well, that's a discussion about how they are treated once they are here. I suspect the guns are intended more for the drug smugglers and traffickers rather than the dishwashers and farm workers. However, in either case, you don't know which category is hiding in the back of a truck.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

That's probably true. Just an observation.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

*snip*Just who is Obama expecting to use the DHS against on American soil?
*snip*

Americans, of course; the new enemies of his state. Patriots are "potential terrorists" these days. Plus, such contracts mean less guns for the rest of us as well.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moshpet

Do you really think President Obama even knows about this?
I mean really, a gun / supply buy for the DHS, do you think he'd even bother to look?

Are you implying that the POTUS doesn't know what he is doing, or or even knows what is happening within his own regime?
His own DHS spending $4.5 million?
Really?

edit on 13-3-2013 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join