It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stonehenge - Burial site of the "elite"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

t had been thought that almost all the Stonehenge burials, many originally excavated almost a century ago, but discarded as unimportant, were of adult men. However, new techniques have revealed for the first time that they include almost equal numbers of men and women, and children including a newborn baby.

"At the moment the answer is no to extracting DNA, which might tell us more about these individuals and what the relationship was between them – but who knows in the future? Clearly these were special people in some way," Parker Pearson said.

A mace head, a high-status object comparable to a sceptre, and a little bowl burnt on one side, which he believes may have held incense, suggest the dead could have been religious and political leaders and their immediate families.

Stonehenge may have been burial site for Stone Age elite, say archaeologists

Conspiracy....5000 years and counting!
(wait for it.....wait for it.....)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

An interesting theory. But just that.
I wish the global community would be more interested in learning all they could from these ancient sites.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomtangentsrme
reply to post by CIAGypsy

An interesting theory. But just that.
I wish the global community would be more interested in learning all they could from these ancient sites.

Barring time travel, I don't think there will EVER be any real consensus on what Stonehenge really is

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

"At the moment the answer is no to extracting DNA, which might tell us more about these individuals and what the relationship was between them – but who knows in the future?

Like Otzi, if DNA extraction is ever even allowed it will be years away. It will be handled the same way too, they will set a date, make an announcement and scientists from all over the world will be cherry picked to spend 8 hours with the bodies.. and if they don't learn what they wanted in that short window of time then

Tough Luck. Maybe next time (decade).

Edit: Forgot, for those not familiar with Otzi: en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 12-3-2013 by 1/2 Nephilim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
the truth will have a tendency to come out on its own when you stop searching for it, at the moment we can only speculate, i believe that given due time, something will happen that will reveal the meaning or purpose(if any) behind that mysterious site.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
One mace head and half a wooden bowl don't sound like a lot of evidence from which to claim that Stonehenge was an elite burial site.

But perhaps some elite individuals were buried there, along with many ordinary folk. It seems, as discussed in this thread of mine, that the builders of Stonehenge came from all over ancient Britain and represented a large fraction of the population of the island.

We don't know why they came or why Stonehenge was erected, but it seems to have been a huge communal effort, and probably drew men and women from all walks of life. Some died there, and were buried. There may have been elite individuals among them—why not?—but I'm sure they were outnumbered by plain ordinary Neolithic folk.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Wait a minute.... 100 years ago, the site was excavated and they found burials at STONEHENGE, and their first assumption was that these people were unimportant??

Wow... people were STUPID 100 years ago! >:/

No, just kidding. It was more likely a big LIE to the public and now a whole new set of people are taking another look at it, which means that another coverup operation will have to take place

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I feel that there has been DNA testing done unofficially. I doubt if permission was even asked for, a small chip of bone is all that is needed. Some people somewhere know the answer to this question but letting others know would possibly result in prosecution.

new topics

top topics

join