It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Cancer? What causes it? Is it curable?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by davjan4
Take a look at this. It's scientifically sound. Just don't expect to here it from most of mainstream medicine. There's no money in it.

www.cbn.com...

The link is not very credible. YMMV. (Your Mileage May Vary.)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by davjan4

Good thing you aren't taking my coffee or meat from me, in order to prevent cancer. Thanks!

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SinMaker

Personally, I feel there is a cure for cancer. Why give a cure when the treatment gives the big pharma's a huge greedy financial windfall?

You're the first to present the conspiracy in this thread. Let's see how many others agree.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

Originally posted by davjan4
Take a look at this. It's scientifically sound. Just don't expect to here it from most of mainstream medicine. There's no money in it.

www.cbn.com...

The link is not very credible. YMMV. (Your Mileage May Vary.)

OK. Then this one:

www.thebarrow.org...

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

reply to post by davjan4

Good thing you aren't taking my coffee or meat from me, in order to prevent cancer. Thanks!
The whole meat-cancer thing is crazy. Plains indians lived on pemmican for long periods of time and they didn't start dropping dead from cancer and diabetes until our loving government put them on reservations and supplied them with flour and sugar rations and in the process making them some of the most unhealthy people in the country.

I do see that there can be a cancer connection with factory meat with all the hormones and antibiotics and unnatural grain diet they feed them. That's why I get locally raised grassfed beef.
edit on 12-3-2013 by davjan4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I rarely go to conspiracy. Truly. In this case, I do believe our scientists are missing the mark. We didn't see such a high rise of cancer until they started blasting nukes in the underground and most unfortunately of the over ground of Nagasaki and Hiroshima.

Cancer became a prevalent disease in the 1950's. The timing sounds correct to me.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

That is the most organized and detailed description of cancer and it s cure that I have seen all in one place .
Thank you for taking the time to post that
That is what I believe and know of cancer. I used all that and more
to heal from liver cancer. I hope ats members take note of your post and save it. Thank you again!

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Healthy people don't get cancer. Sound.

Not true. Though eating healthy is good for you, it doesn't prevent cancer. Many of the women I met through my many chemo sessions would often wonder about what they did wrong and couldn't understnd it. They ate healthy/organic foods, exercised,,didn't work with any chemicals..It could be genetic, hereditary.
edit on 13-3-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I would say that there is a cure for some people as they have had radiation and chemo and are still alive after 20 and 30 years to tell their tale. That gives me hope. I have survived aggressive breast cancer with traditional methods of chemo and radiation.

You will find that with both traditional and alternative treatments, some will survive and others won't. There are many variables involved.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by davjan4

Yeah but they didn't get up at 7am, eat half a plate of sliced pig, 3 chicken eggs, sit around watching the tv eating toasted dough smothered in congealed cow fat, then washing it all down with more cow product.

They certainly didn't have meat for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

We as a society today would be far better off if we had to kill our own food. Suddenly a hamburger is too much effort, and that carrot is really handy.

I do thin the amount of food we eat contributes to our overall ill health. We weren't eating to excess thousands of years ago as we evolved our ability to eat certain foods. Everything was for a reason. Now we just ply ourselves with sweet things, fatty things - all the things that taste good but are pointless for us in this day and age.

It's not that far fetched to think that if we throw anything and everything down our throats that it will throw the equilibrium that our inner workings have, out of whack.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

reply to post by intrptr

The beginning of cancer is a mutation within the DNA inside the nucleus of the cell.

Right. But why?

When a cell divides, the genes in the nucleus divide first. If the gene has been altered, but can still reproduce, then that reproduction carries the mutation with it into the next cell. Say its a liver cell. Inside the liver, the newly divided cell is no longer a liver cell but a mutation that can only make more of its mutated self. Instead of performing liver functions, it just sits by and gets fed like all the other liver cells .

Each time it divides, it makes another welfare case that sits and adds to its corrupted version of a liver. At first this division is really slow and takes a long time. Once the tumor gets a little bigger (like a pinhead) the growth is faster because there are more cells dividing. The bigger it gets the faster it grows. All cells divide, if that part of the program is working, then it will keep on dividing until it replaces the body with its own corrupted blueprint (whatever that is).

Nothing will tell it to stop because it is a cell dividing like any other. Thats why they call it cancer. It eats you and replaces the healthy body with malignant cells that don't perform any bodily function (except feeding and reproducing).

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by Druid42

Cancer...the Big "C". You know I am not an expert either, just wanted to share something I learned about it.

If you got the Big C then fight it with another Big C (vitamin C)
Read Thread Here
edit on 13-3-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Im seriously tired of people with no knowledge parroting crap. "Take this alternative megadose of Vitamin C, it will cure HIV and Cancer and whatever."

Vitamin C helps your immune system. period. It might indirectly affect diseases but there is no way to tell. Its exactly like saying my alarm clock pays my salary. but in reality it plays a role in waking me up for work but it does not directly do anything.

Cancer is NATURAL. but the effects of it is adverse(if its inside your body). that's why your immune system does not attack it.

It is caused by mutagens(chemicals), carcinogens(smoking). etc.. happens when DNA replications goes wrong, and certain combination of "mutated" codes cause the growth of the cell to continue beyond its limit.

Normally our body cells have self destruct code, cell apotheosis, where it kills itself t prevent near by cells from getting affected , but Cancer evades that.

It could be curable, but our method now is just nuking the entire building to get some bad guys out and hoping the good guys out weight the damage done to the build and hopefully rebuild it.

Untill we find some sort of treatment that EFFECTIVELY target Cancer, there is no absolute cure.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

It could be curable, but our method now is just nuking the entire building to get some bad guys out and hoping the good guys out weight the damage done to the build and hopefully rebuild it.

So what you say is nuke the body with chemo radiation to kill one cancer and create another cancer while at the same time seeking more effective ways of ridding cancer? Supporting big pharma I don't get you.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

im not supporting "big pharma" im supporting science. I love it when the baby gets thrown with the bath water on ATS.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Im seriously tired of people with no knowledge parroting crap. "Take this alternative megadose of Vitamin C, it will cure HIV and Cancer and whatever."

Btw, I have studied biochem, organic chem, bio, A&P as well as genetics and numerous health books.

I think I know a thing or two about Vit C. I also take copious amounts of it a day and feel great. Not saying it cures cancer, but I am sure it will help prevent "natural" cancer along with a proper diet and limited harmful exposure to external factors which support causation of cancer.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

reply to post by Skywatcher2011

im not supporting "big pharma" im supporting science. I love it when the baby gets thrown with the bath water on ATS.

If you don't support alternative therapy, when what else is there to support?

Quit slapping the monkey and choose a side. I hate those who avoid sticking to a side but always find ways around arguments but balancing their act so gently by not being direct with their own opinion on the subject. Either you are for or against but you cannot be in between. That would make you a polititian.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
if they will it can be cured easely....
for now its a major income for the medics.... .... why would the give up there jobs if they releasd the cure...
just count how many billions goes around withit.....
ther\s just no hope for the patients ...unless the medics find something new to cure...

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv

ther\s just no hope for the patients ...unless the medics find something new to cure...

That is why big pharma also creates viruses...to ensure doctors keep working on sick patients while continuously developing a new world sickness.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Vitamin C helps your immune system. period. It might indirectly affect diseases but there is no way to tell. Its exactly like saying my alarm clock pays my salary. but in reality it plays a role in waking me up for work but it does not directly do anything.

Cancer is NATURAL. but the effects of it is adverse(if its inside your body). that's why your immune system does not attack it.

It is caused by mutagens(chemicals), carcinogens(smoking). etc.. happens when DNA replications goes wrong, and certain combination of "mutated" codes cause the growth of the cell to continue beyond its limit.

Normally our body cells have self destruct code, cell apotheosis, where it kills itself t prevent near by cells from getting affected , but Cancer evades that.

Untill we find some sort of treatment that EFFECTIVELY target Cancer, there is no absolute cure.

Actually Vit C does more than just help the immune system. It is needed for cell and tissue repair because Vit C is used to form an important protein thaat is used to make skin, tendons, ligaments, and blood vessels. Also heal wounds and form scar tissue and repair and maintain cartilage, bones, and teeth. Also VIt C is an antioxidant which blocks damage caused by free radicals which may play a role in cancer, heart disease, and conditions like arthritis.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join