At first, I thought they were mere coincidences. But as time went on, the coincidences became more frequent, more obvious. After discussing
coincidences and learning of the term "synchronicity" as coined by Jung, I was flipping through TV for something to work. I came upon Signs, the movie
starring Mel Gibson. As soon as I turned it on, I immediately heard Mel Gibson say:
"See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, that sees miracles? Or do you believe that people
just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?”
Thus I began taking an interest in making mental notes of coincidences as I experienced them. They started becoming noticeable sometime around
Christmas 2012. Up to this point, I cannot remember all of them, but I will mention in this thread a small list of the more memorable ones for me.
Then, I will follow it with a "Synchronicity Diary". Every day, as I have noticeably synchronicities occur for me, I will write them down here as soon
as I get a chance. I will not reply to this thread except to answer questions. I will only update this thread through the OP. If the OP becomes too
large to hold subsequent entries, I will use the second post "placeholder." If somehow that becomes too full, I will simply reply with a new diary.
As a point of understanding to those reading this: I will not include things that are vague coincidences. If I need three pennies at the store, and
there's pennies available in the "take a penny leave a penny" dish, I won't mention it. This diary will only be for clear and obvious synchronicity
incidences (as I see them).
This is not a diary created to convince anyone of its authenticity. My purpose in creating this is not to get anyone to believe what I'm saying.
Neither am I going to attempt to convince anyone I'm not crazy (although, as the Cheshire Cat said, "We're all mad here."). This is simply a way for
me to document the odd occurrences that seem to be almost daily events.
December 25, 2012 to March 10, 2013
- Discussed ESP and X-files with cousin. 10-20 minutes later, started watching an episode of Thin Blue Line. Rowan Atkison and a another character
bring up these topics in the exact same way with one another.
- Watching a movie with dad. Had two characters in a scene. Asked father about one of the actors (Robert Blake), "What's this name?" Robert Blake at
the exact same time said, "What's her name?"
- Listening to a radio show, Opie & Anthony, with comedian Louis CK, discussing Madonna and her song "Ray Of Light". Decided to listen to the song
since I hadn't heard it in years. Looked up the lyrics because I couldn't understand some of them. First line was, "Zephyr in the sky at night I
wonder." Soon afterwards, I felt drawn to pick up a book of works by Chaucer. Flipped through the introduction to The Canterbury Tales. Line 5 to
When Zephyrus too with his sweet breath has blown
Through every field and forest, urging on
The tender shoots, and there's a youthful sun,
His second half course through the Ram now run,
- Was looking up seals of various angels. Found a particularly odd looking seal called the "Seal of Metatron", most of them were red instead of white.
Found out it was an item from a Silent Hill video game. Was speaking with a friend, who showed me a picture of something (I think it was a crop
circle). He immediately noted how much it looked like the Seal of Metatron from Silent Hill.
- Will update with more as I can remember them. Am focused more on the diary portion.
March 11, 2013
- Worked for an hour on a character for a story, who is half-man half-monkey who is obsessed with bananas, acquiring them and eating them. After
finishing character, I went to bed. Next morning at work, in my manager's office was a stuffed banana with words on it (can't remember what it
March 12, 2013
- Looked up hybrid breeds of dogs on Wikipedia. Found on Wikipedia an article called "Wolfdog". Once I was done, watched a video on Youtube. Before
video started, an Old Spice commercial played with a talking canine called "Wolfdog".
edit on 12-3-2013 by FollowTheWhiteRabbit because: (no reason given)