It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


Overweight/Obesity tax in a country where the country funds the health care.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

log in


posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:27 AM
reply to post by Golf66

No wonder you are short doctors - it simply doesn't pay.

I'm sure they get paid well, I actually asked one of my past family doctors how much they got paid. That was years ago. He was paid a lot.

Because its mostly the government that pays them, there's a cap on the amount of medical students, and then if they move away from Canada (specialists make more money in the US), then we're short doctors.
Also, most doctors want to practice in the cities. It's our rural and northern areas with the most shortages.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:50 PM
The U.S. I believe has the highest obesity rate which is why we are called "Fat Americans." This country needs to work on making laws to decrease obesity rather than going to other countries fighting wars that aren't theirs and being "The WORLD'S HEROES"

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:56 PM
don't forget the

cigarette tax
alcohol tax
sugar tax
family history of cancer tax
soda tax
lack of exercise tax
stress tax
recreational drug tax
getting old tax
having too many kids tax

<< 1   >>

log in