Even though this website was made a year ago, I think that it still rings true for both parties today. This site was made by moderates who had
trouble alligning themselves with one particular party, it discusses 8 things that democrats and republicans need
8 Things That Democrats and Republicans Need to Change
I think they did a good job summarizing the main points, and am curious to what you all think. Did they forget to add anything? What bugs you the
most about your opposing party?
I'll briefly summarize the 8 points below...please read the article for further detail...
1. Refuse to stand up to the Palestinians.
2. Stand up for illegal aliens
3. Refuse to admit that lots of poor people are poor b/c they are lazy (God I hear this a lot from all my conservative friends)
4. Prefer to whine a lot rather than doing what is necessary to make things better
5. Show lack of respect for good Judeo/Christian family values
6. Treat minorities like a commodity
7. Have no respect for people who disagree with feminsim.
8. Attack conservative values like monagamy. Flaunt and taunt hedonistic things, like bisexuality, drug use, yadda yadda yadda....
1. Have no economic plan except what good Republicans once called "voodoo economics"
2. Need to try and break down the wall between church and state.
3. Refuse to accept that high quality, free-public education system is in the nations best interest
4. Need to stop choosing unqualified puppet candidates so that a handfull of people behind the scenes run the country.
5. Embrace racism and sexism
6. Embrace lying
7. Gonna just sum up point #7 by simply mentioning Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly...need I say more?
8. Try to force a dishonest hypocritical value set on everyone in the nation.
To be fair to both parties...lying should be mentioned for Democrats as well...not just Repubs
[edit on 11/1/2004 by Lecky]