It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 Things That Democrats and Republicans Need to Change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Even though this website was made a year ago, I think that it still rings true for both parties today. This site was made by moderates who had trouble alligning themselves with one particular party, it discusses 8 things that democrats and republicans need to change.

8 Things That Democrats and Republicans Need to Change

I think they did a good job summarizing the main points, and am curious to what you all think. Did they forget to add anything? What bugs you the most about your opposing party?

I'll briefly summarize the 8 points below...please read the article for further detail...

Democrats
1. Refuse to stand up to the Palestinians.
2. Stand up for illegal aliens
3. Refuse to admit that lots of poor people are poor b/c they are lazy (God I hear this a lot from all my conservative friends)
4. Prefer to whine a lot rather than doing what is necessary to make things better
5. Show lack of respect for good Judeo/Christian family values
6. Treat minorities like a commodity
7. Have no respect for people who disagree with feminsim.
8. Attack conservative values like monagamy. Flaunt and taunt hedonistic things, like bisexuality, drug use, yadda yadda yadda....

Republicans
1. Have no economic plan except what good Republicans once called "voodoo economics"
2. Need to try and break down the wall between church and state.
3. Refuse to accept that high quality, free-public education system is in the nations best interest
4. Need to stop choosing unqualified puppet candidates so that a handfull of people behind the scenes run the country.
5. Embrace racism and sexism
6. Embrace lying
7. Gonna just sum up point #7 by simply mentioning Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly...need I say more?
8. Try to force a dishonest hypocritical value set on everyone in the nation.

To be fair to both parties...lying should be mentioned for Democrats as well...not just Repubs

[edit on 11/1/2004 by Lecky]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:43 AM
link   
No, lecky there's no political partisan BS in there, is there?
You might consider tossing items such as racism, sexism and especially lying into the Democrat arena.

What is needed is a couple more parties, if you ask me. That and some serious education so that there'd be fewer liberals to buy into the mushy, non-factual feely stuff! *Last paragraph for your benefit, lechy, after you drove me to Prylosec on the chat room earlier!*

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:51 AM
link   
LOL! I don't think it was too biased at all...

okay maybe a little...

Honestly though... I didn't find it off any liberal site...

OK, I'll throw in another for the democrats....

9. Need to stop getting BJ's in the oval office...

is that better??? Gawd...

join