It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NJ Mom Arrested and Guns Confiscated After Speaking Out at Public Meeting

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
reply to post by GoldenRuled

My property was revaluated by ASI last year. After mis-measuring my house and adding another 300 square feet and calculating that I had a finished basement with the same size footprint as the house (even thoough it was never excavated to that size) due to the 'assessor' not entering the basement and using incorrect means to measure, I was offered an option to 'settle'. We chose not to and fought the calculations and eventually got the correct square footage used for our property tax assessment.

The end result was still not great, my taxes went up close to $3,000, but it was better than what was initially ruled ($8,000). Only myself and one other person in my neighborhood managed to avoid the full revaluation, everyone else was stuck with the rulings.

They are feasting on the people.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
If every time something like this happened, thousands of people descended on the city that perpetrated it, and demanded due process. This crap would stop in short order.

But as it is, they get by with it because the people of this country won't combine their collective constitutional right to free speech and grievance redress. Therefore, you can keep reading the headlines and weeping, because it isn't getting any better folks. It's only going to get worse.

I doubt that! It would become a police state that much faster! There are alot of people who are willing to let this continue! Those that work for the city state and federal government! Those plutocrats that are in control of both parties and siphening any wealth left in the middleclass through taxation and scamming! We are talking about a large group of very powerful people and though it is not impossable to defeat them it will be very difficult! I expect
the chemical dumbing down of our society will increase, as well as the mind numbing materialist ideology!
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those that believe they are free! There are still a great many of us who still believe we are free! Then there are those that are'nt interested in getting involved! I realize that what i say is sad and depressing but it's more true then most of us are willing to admit! This does not mean we should give up.
It does not mean we should wait! All it means is there will have to be much sacrifice on the parts of any true patriots before the masses will be willing to act in their own best interest! You are quite right when you say it is'nt going to get any better and it's only going to get worse! As a matter of fact not many of us will live long enough to see the benifits from our sacrifices! May God have mercy on us all!

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The story makes no mention of guns. How and when did they take her guns away? There is no legal basis for them entering her premise if she was grabbed outside. She needs to sue, Sue, SUE. Starting with the dick who made the initial false claim, right up to the chief of police. Demand a jury trial so that nullification can take place on whatever trumped up charges they devise. Then hit them where it hurts, in their private bank accounts. If the news story is accurate, should be a piece of cake.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

You make some valid points. The tipping point though, is coming. And I believe we can expect a major event on the world stage in the near future.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99 " they can do anything they want, set up anything they want, and laugh at us."

correct.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Its pretty clear to me that this "young man", probably a Tea Party member, call the police and made up a story about this women. They are then compelled to act to investigate. Depending on the degree of his statement, they could have taken it as a potential threat and then acted "in their safety". I hope it comes out that they find that this person filed false claims and is then penalized for his actions (he could be sued).

By the way, this could happen to ANY of us. Someone makes a call, your screwed. You have to prove yourself innocent.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWrightWing
This is fascism, pure and simple.

She is a thought criminal who defies the benevolent wisdom of powers greater than her. And she will pay.

And she will serve as a warning and example to others. Dare to speak out? Do so at the peril of any freedoms you have left, komrade.

Consider America Fundamentally Transformed.

There is nothing as dangerous as a fascist nation that hides behind a mask of democracy.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWrightWing

Agree.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Gawd, that website is a nightmare of ads and dreck.

Looks like the lady will have a helluva lawsuit reward, once it works its way through the courts. Since there are witnesses to what was said, should be easy enough to sue the assessor nazis.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

I want to refrain from advocating violence towards the little jerk that wrote down her license plate and called the cops. So I will just say that.

Fascist practices don't deserve civilized behavior. I wouldn't show it at least.

So she said things that people may not have liked. I doubt calling her a terrorist is warranted. If they really want to lock people up like animals for speaking out in a civilized manner then they are begging for the alternative.

In the words of Ghandi
Torture me, beat me and kill me. When I am dead all you will have is my corpse not my obedience.

edit on 12-3-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Hmmm... Her cause may be right but two big things stand out. She went to a County/Government complex ( County Center or Community Center ) for a meeting with a gun. Now I checked to be sure...and New Jersey is among the most unforgiving and strict in the United States on carrying a gun in any form.

CARRYING
It is unlawful to knowingly have in your possession a: Handgun, including any antique handgun, without first obtaining a Permit to Carry. No distinction is drawn between carrying openly or concealed. Rifle or shotgun without first obtaining a FID card. It is Illegal to carry a loaded shotgun or rifle in any vehicle, or to shoot from any vehicle or across any road.
(Source: New Jersey Fireams Law Summary / NRA )

Someone knew she had a gun. How did ANYONE ever know she had a gun? Even if permitted, concealed means concealed and I am at a loss for how attending armed ever comes into it ...unless violating that local/state law in belief a copy of the Constitution would make a difference was the point?

*Just an FYI, but despite how open and accommodating Missouri is for firearms, I think I'd go to jail too if I attended a community meeting at anything like State/local/city property while carrying my gun and someone noticed. That's not a 'no gun sign' issue that can be ignored until asked to leave. Thats black letter law on those places.......

edit on 11-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

I have already had to go to three different sites in order to find any kind of complete-sounding version of the narrative, and I still didn't see anything alleging that this woman had been carrying a gun at the meeting. So where did you get that information, if I may ask?

What I have read is that she was *accused* of having made a verbal threat at the meeting, which she and her husband deny.

I also understood that the accusation against her was made by a representative of the property assessment firm about whom she was there to complain in the first place.

And that, upon arriving home from the meeting, she was taken into custody by police, who then ran a background check finding no criminal history, and that she was in fact the legal owner of two firearms, specifically pistols. She was then given the choice of surrendering her firearms, or having a "very high" bail, and chose to surrender the pistols.

And all this was set in motion because allegedly the tax assessor violated her civil rights by not respecting her Orthodox Jewish religious convictions, by trying to assess her private property without her husband present.

That is the story I heard.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by SweetChild
Wow, could that story get any more biased and ONE SIDED? I wonder what REALLY happened.

Exactly.

The source for this thread isnt a news item, but a blog which specifically chose to NOT include any reference to the offence she had committed.

...that the Clayton Police wanted to talk to her about the allegations.
...both the police officers DID acknowledge that it was “an allegation.”

And nobody has asked yet what the allegations were?
Everybody is so kneejerk outraged that they didnt notice allegations were made BY THE MOM and the article never stated what they were at any time?

ATS readers are soooo easily led, they might as well have a ring in their nose.

Many of us did read the article whole article (not just the biased snipped version on the blog in the OP's link.)

In fact, many of us have been referencing information from the actual article, information which didn't appear in the blog. How do you not recognize that? Maybe you are the one who didn't bother to look any further...

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 311DTOM
I'm confused by this part.

Is there some sort of gun registry in NJ?

ETA: If so, this seems like a perfect reason as to why there shouldn't be one.
edit on 11-3-2013 by 311DTOM because:

Yes, there is by default. In order to obtain a firearm in NJ, you need to get a permit or license from the state. Then, you need to get a permit to purchase from the local gov't EVERYTIME you want to buy a firearm from a FFL. This is the backdoor way they use to have a gun registry in NJ.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Sounds like somebody needs to lawyer up. Also it would be wise if she or one of her family members or close friends started going up and down all the streets in the neighborhood knocking on doors and talking about the situation and handing out flyers spelling out the details to anyone that's interested. Doing some community action and having a hundred or so people show up at city hall might be worth the effort in this case. That kind of thing is what's needed to nip this crap in the bud.
edit on 12-3-2013 by pauljs75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrkn4livn

Its pretty clear to me that this "young man", probably a Tea Party member, ...

Wait... WHAT?

How in the HELL do you derive his political affiliation as "Tea Party" from this story? How do you derive his political affiliation at all?

Umm, miss... I think your Freudian Slip is showing...

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The gun stupidity aside.

Wait, an outside company, whose sole purpose is to make the maximum amount of profit possible, was "contracted" by another corporation (the State) to determine what a house MIGHT, MIGHT, possibly sell for in a fantasy world of "if you did want to sell your home today, and, given today's market - yes only today's market, your house, might, bring xxx? Their "opinion" based on some bs algorithm they made up, is undisputed fact! Ugh, the people are slaves, stupid slaves, beyond stupid to accept this process even if they were purposely miseducated about money.

This is beyond absurd. Sale price is what the house will sell for, there is NO other valuation that is remotely legit, as "asking price" "what if price" and a time and date stamped valuation are meaningless.

I have a 70's era corvette, a told me it was worth 500k and it would only go up in value. Yet, when I went to sell it, two years after his assessment, I only got 15,000. I paid 150k for my house, but some company I did not hire told me it was worth 500k, so, a two years later I asked for 500k and I got 150k.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by heyitsok

Okay, I read this and other material I could get before I said a word in reply. If I get one more person suggest I didn't read something before replying....due in part because I've often read FAR MORE than just the OP by that point and am replying to more than simply that...I'LL SCREAM ! ! !

Now I suppose we all saw different parts of the article as relevant. It's also entirely possible that I misunderstood the use of the term 'armed' as it's appeared in several different pieces relating to this case. What I did not misunderstand as it's a plain and simple fact of what happened here is this:

When they arrived, there were 5 police cars from the Franklinville Police Department. They advised her that the Clayton Police wanted to talk to her about the allegations.

States Hart “For the record, both the police officers DID acknowledge that it was “an allegation.”

Her purse was taken from her and she was put into a “paddy wagon,” transported to the police station-

Now it's my personal experience from growing up around and in different ways, working around Law Enforcement on and off throughout my life that this was an unusual situation. 5 police cars don't all roll to your house and then wait for you to get home ...and insure you don't get inside your home before being arrested and removed from the scene ...In the time it takes to drive from one location to another, for exercise of constitutional free speech. She did something to really WORRY the cops. The number screams that like neon.

That's 5 units moving pretty quick to all be there with bells on....waiting for her. Then she's booked in on terroristic threats. That can mean telling someone you'll break his nose to telling them you'll kill him, his family and his pet dog too. Kinda vague but ...we get back to 5 Police CARS...not just men, as the story specifically states. So, I lean to the more serious side of what the charge covers.

Hence... my assumptions. Pardon if they turned out to be faulty. However.. I *DO* read what I reply to. (For more than one who suggested otherwise)
edit on 12-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I guess you've never had the pleasure of being confronted by LE in NJ or NY. They are trained to intimidate with overwhelming shows of force no matter what. If you get pulled over, expect about two more cars to arrive within seconds. The northeast is already a police state and I am sure that someone is logging this as I type but.... hey what can I do? Our 2nd Amendment rights were curtailed long ago and yet somehow we still need a more militarized police force for some reason. But not in the truly destitute areas like Camden where the little police force they have left refuse to answer alot of calls.
This is the new state of things in the urban areas. I need to move.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

How the hell did you conclude he was a member of the Tea Party?

I'm pretty sure a large part of their platform is defending the BoR, including the 2nd Amendment right to bare arms.

I'm guessing you didn't think that one through, try again.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Infra_red

Thanks for the info.

Man that must suck for our northern brethren, glad I live in Texas.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join